Sign in to follow this  
defsteve

UFC 117 - Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos Discussion Thread

Caveman Guida will take Dos Anjos down over and over again but do very little damage from top positions while constantly defending submissions. Guida will get the decision because takedowns and submission escapes seems to mean more to judges than a billion submission attempts.

Not sure what's gonna happen, but I'd like to see Guida take this one. Whatever happens, I'm sure this'll be an entertaining fight. Clay always gives it his all in the octagon.

Clay Guida is getting knocked out cold!

Jokes. Tough to call, hopefully Guida wins, either way, I'm voting this get's Fight of the Night!

clay is an amazing fighter, he has losses, but all of them are losses because he goes out there stands in the pocket and goes toe to toe with anyone. Dana agrees with me here because others have lost only 1 or 2 fights and they are cut , But Clay is amazing his wins are amazing, and his losses are equally impressive the Diego Sanchez fight comes to mind that fight was so bloody, and so much trading, they both landed great punches, they were both really hurt, that was deserving of a draw if you ask me, a win to either fighter was a dishonor to the fight and the sport im sure the fans thought it was a draw .

so thats why Clay Guida is in the UFC and as long as he puts on mind blowing interesting fights win or loose it doesn't matter he is always fight of the night when I watch him.

When Dos Anjos tapped out I was initially upset that a BJJ guy would tap without being in a tight choke. Of course now we know that he broke his jaw in the first round off of a nice punch by Guida, and he gutted it out risking further injury for the next couple of rounds until Guida was able to use some very nice shoulder pressure on his face against the cage, forcing Rafael to withdraw. Dos Anjos showed a lot of courage hanging in there and trying to win once that jaw was broken in the first and I won't fault him for tapping when Guida was driving the shoulder into his broken jaw. I wish the fight wouldn't have ended that way, but it did and in MMA unexpected things happen. Clay did a good job of bringing the heat and he deserves his props for "finishing" Rafael with a shoulder press.

Rafael is a man for fighting 2 more round after gettin his jaw broke.

moral victory for fighting goes to Rafael

moral victory for breaking a man's jaw goes to Guida.

Rafael is a man for fighting 2 more round after gettin his jaw broke.

moral victory for fighting goes to Rafael

moral victory for breaking a man's jaw goes to Guida.

Knowing this, I am very impressed with both fighters.