Sign in to follow this  
defsteve

UFC 117 - Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida Discussion Thread

I hope Almeida submits him, that would be like Shogun defeating Chuck, Almeida would be given instant title shot, I guarantee, BUT I think Matt Hughes will grind it out and win by decision, but it will be close fought.

I hope Almeida submits him' date=' that would be like Shogun defeating Chuck, Almeida would be given instant title shot, I guarantee, BUT I think Matt Hughes will grind it out and win by decision, but it will be close fought.[/quote']

same here, i think hughes will get caught by a guillotine in a takedown round 2.

I want Almeida to win via submission but I don't think it will happen, I think Hughes will take a lackluster decision, Almeida might do more than Hughes in the fight but sometimes bigger names gets decisions.

I hope Almeida puts a beat down on Hughes, and in doing so avenge all the Gracies followed by the Retirement of Hughes :)

Almeida via submission or domination

I don't like Hughes, but I wouldn't mind seeing him win this fight.

I don't think that's going to happen though.

Man I hope the loser retires.............

Oh wait I hope the winner retires too.

hahahaha

that's classic.

and NEWWWW UFC WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD......MAAATTTTTTTTTTT HHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHSSSSSSS. mark my words' date=' he will be champion again[/quote']

^ This may be more likely than a lot of people think. WW isn't the most competitive division at the moment and Hughes may be one of the guys with the skill set necessary to beat GSP i.e. a very strong wrestler with good submissions and decent striking. It will be tough for anyone to take the title from GSP, but Hughes has as good if not better a chance than anyone else currently in the division. That sub was sick!!

All I can say about this fight is that Hughes showed his quality again.

Beautiful left hook turns into an immediate submission. Matt Hughes proving once again, that he is still a very dangerous welterweight.