Sign in to follow this  
AkiraMoa

Do we all have knockout power?

really depends on whose chin your throwing it at.

You can thow a punch and knock a guy out who has a glass jaw and you could throw the same punch to a guy with a granite chin and he would eat that up like a pitbull a feeding time.

Depends on quite a few factors I have list only some below.

hand speed,

hand weight,

hand direction,

opponents head size,

jaw size and shape,

jaw position

Landing position,

momteumn in shot,

follow through,

damage absorbed before the shot,

fitness

+

+

+

+

+

+

Yeah let's say the guy is waiting for your punch & tightens his jaw as much as possible.. Also i'm really wondering how a glass jaw & an iron jaw are constituted...

knee to the face doesnt matter how strong your chin is that **** is not fun.....

yea knee to the face can f up someones face. everytime i see it i cringe but it is so awesome! jose aldo ftw

I'm just wondering' date=' if we throw everything we've got in one punch into a man's chin, shouldn't he get knocked out?

.[/quote']

i think if you connect clean with all your power well.. An average man would probly get KO'd (also depends if you weight an average weight or if you're some kind of lean midget..).

But there are some guys that you won't be able to KO even with that "all you got" punch.. Big guys like football players or Brock or beefs like that will probly just break your hand with their face.

when i was in highschool i knocked a fat spanish kid out, best feelin in he world btw, until after when i was a ton of trouble, i remember the punch being the hardest ive ever hit right hook, owned

I'm just wondering' date=' if we throw everything we've got in one punch into a man's chin, shouldn't he get knocked out?

.[/quote']

Yeah... I can knock a guy out, and if I can, I know dang well that Forrest or somebody with no KO's on record can.

really depends on whose chin your throwing it at.

You can thow a punch and knock a guy out who has a glass jaw and you could throw the same punch to a guy with a granite chin and he would eat that up like a pitbull a feeding time.

This. Machida absolutely crumbled Rashad with a straight left. However that same punch(that destroyed Rashad)had no effect on Shogun. Shogun walked through it like a terminator.

Not only that Shogun got hit cleaner right at the tip of the chin on the button where as Rashad was hit almost on the nose. So I guess it depends alot on who's chin your connecting on

can't see Jake Shields knocking out Lesnar with one punch

I doubt Shields could knock out a 5 year old girl. Sucks for him...no stealing candy from a baby.

can't see Jake Shields knocking out Lesnar with one punch

Lesnar is the 0.1%, like pretty much the whole of the UFC is.

Actually pretty much what am I saying no one in the UFC would be there if they had a glass chin because they simply wouldn't get that far.

Most fight orgs are made up of guys with Good to great jaws.

I have knocked one guy out and never been knocked out, therefore I should consider myself a bad **** but nah Im a ***** and I am ok with that.

There are a lot of factors, but Chins are tougher than Temples.

If you smack a guy full force there, he is more likely to drop then on the chin.

Also, a combination has a higher KO rating than a single strike. If I landed an uppercut and then a hook on you, you will be much more hurt (or out) than if I hit you with just one of those.

There are factors galore in this.