I just saw someone say Bones is best P4P

ForrestGriffinFan101

C'mon people this is ridiculous. I'm a Jones fan but there is no way he's best P4P. His boxing isn't great. Just summing that up for you. His striking is okay because of his kicks though. His double leg takedown is good but not good enough to get the following downl; Rampage, Machida, Anderson. He has great Greco-Roman so I'm sure if he could close the distance with Anderson without getting murdered he could get him down. He would proabably get submitted though. There are four guys I think he can't beat. Those are; Rampage, Rashad, Machida, and Anderson. He would get murdered fighting any of these guys IMO. I'm a huge Bones fan but I'm also a realist so c'mon people. Be rational!

C'mon people this is ridiculous. I'm a Jones fan but there is no way he's best P4P. His boxing isn't great. Just summing that up for you. His striking is okay because of his kicks though. His double leg takedown is good but not good enough to get the following downl; Rampage' date=' Machida, Anderson. He has great Greco-Roman so I'm sure if he could close the distance with Anderson without getting murdered he could get him down. He would proabably get submitted though. There are four guys I think he can't beat. Those are; Rampage, Rashad, Machida, and Anderson. He would get murdered fighting any of these guys IMO. I'm a huge Bones fan but I'm also a realist so c'mon people. Be rational![/quote']

"

oh geez coming from "forrestfan" i cant really take this seriously lol. guys got zero heart . but anyway his takedowns are unstoppable and come from ways that no ne else can throw them, cant deny that. He hasnt needed to use boxing that much yet. Anderson got taken down by Sonnen non stop for 4 rounds. I think Jones could take him down lol. and Whyyyyyyy would he need to close the distance with anderson when he has a bigg reach advantage and great kicks? why close the distance if you dont need to. What reasoning that Bones can control would give you any indication that he isnt the best in the world? . He has absolutely demolished everyone period in multiple different styles. sounds like the best to me

"

oh geez coming from "forrestfan" i cant really take this seriously lol. guys got zero heart . but anyway his takedowns are unstoppable and come from ways that no ne else can throw them' date=' cant deny that. He hasnt needed to use boxing that much yet. Anderson got taken down by Sonnen non stop for 4 rounds. I think Jones could take him down lol. and Whyyyyyyy would he need to close the distance with anderson when he has a bigg reach advantage and great kicks? why close the distance if you dont need to. What reasoning that Bones can control would give you any indication that he isnt the best in the world? . He has absolutely demolished everyone period in multiple different styles. sounds like the best to me[/quote']

and your coming from a bones fan and im a anderson fan we have bias opinions so lets get like a gsp fan to represent for both sides matterfact stratch that a fan who doesnt like the champions that much

"

oh geez coming from "forrestfan" i cant really take this seriously lol. guys got zero heart . but anyway his takedowns are unstoppable and come from ways that no ne else can throw them' date=' cant deny that. He hasnt needed to use boxing that much yet. Anderson got taken down by Sonnen non stop for 4 rounds. I think Jones could take him down lol. and Whyyyyyyy would he need to close the distance with anderson when he has a bigg reach advantage and great kicks? why close the distance if you dont need to. What reasoning that Bones can control would give you any indication that he isnt the best in the world? . He has absolutely demolished everyone period in multiple different styles. sounds like the best to me[/quote']

It was actually you that said it. Me being a fan of Forrest doesn't affect my knowledge of MMA, as I am not saying that Forrest is the best, not even at LHW. Jones isn't even close to being as good of a wrestler as Sonnen. It doesn't matter if he has a long reach Anderson would still kill him in striking. Reach can only get you so far and when you are facing the best striker in MMA that's about how far you can go with it. If Jones were to take down Silva he would get submitted I guarantee it. I don't think he would get Silva down though. Now trust me, I'm a huge Bones fan but I realize that he can't compete with Silva or Machida. His striking has a long way to come and so does his jiu-jitsu. I think in maybe 3 years he could be the best in the world. Actually, maybe two. But as of right now, if he were to fight Machida, I would bet my life on Machida.

It was actually you that said it. Me being a fan of Forrest doesn't affect my knowledge of MMA' date=' as I am not saying that Forrest is the best, not even at LHW. Jones isn't even close to being as good of a wrestler as Sonnen. It doesn't matter if he has a long reach Anderson would still kill him in striking. Reach can only get you so far and when you are facing the best striker in MMA that's about how far you can go with it. If Jones were to take down Silva he would get submitted I guarantee it. I don't think he would get Silva down though. Now trust me, I'm a huge Bones fan but I realize that he can't compete with Silva or Machida. His striking has a long way to come and so does his jiu-jitsu. I think in maybe 3 years he could be the best in the world. Actually, maybe two. But as of right now, if he were to fight Machida, I would bet my life on Machida.[/quote']

well unfortunately youn would be dead then :) lol machida has no shot at bones end of story. It doesnt matter if hes not as accomplished a wrestler as sonnen. sonnen took him down at will and the janitor was supposed to be this great accomplished wrestler that would ngeate bones takedowns and force a foight from bones.... ya past accomplishemtns obviously dont matter in the UFC. jones would elbow a hole through silvas head if he doesnt kick it off

I agree Jones isn't P4P, but solely on the fact that he's too big to be in that league... Jones striking though is bloody ridiculous... punches, kicks, elbows, GnP, he's got it all... the guy that throw down in ways the majority of even good strikers can't... leg grab to spinning back elbow with the same arm? who does that? maybe Silva... you can't deny the guys ability, standing up or on the ground... this guy WILL be LHW champ in the next year... the only person I can see stopping him is Machida, ONLY because his Judo is so good that he can deflect most takedown attempts...

But as a shameless Machida fan, I'd say that fight could go either way, and I wouldn't be surprised if Machida was on the short end of the betting odds... it would definitely be his most challenging fight... would still like to see Machida the winner, but still...

EDIT: Lil' Nog might be able to pull out the BJJ upset against Jones as well... other than that though, he'll run through everyone...

"

oh geez coming from "forrestfan" i cant really take this seriously lol. guys got zero heart . but anyway his takedowns are unstoppable and come from ways that no ne else can throw them' date=' cant deny that. He hasnt needed to use boxing that much yet. Anderson got taken down by Sonnen non stop for 4 rounds. I think Jones could take him down lol. and Whyyyyyyy would he need to close the distance with anderson when he has a bigg reach advantage and great kicks? why close the distance if you dont need to. What reasoning that Bones can control would give you any indication that he isnt the best in the world? . [b']He has absolutely demolished everyone period in multiple different styles. sounds like the best to me[/b]

Everyone hes fought so far. He still hasnt fought top 10 competition. Matyushenko, Vera, Hammil, Bonnar. No no no sir, he MAY be the best, but right now we have no way of knowing. Saying that he is this early is riduculous.

My 2 cents

"

Simply because a Forrest fan stated something does not make it false. He could say the same and turn things around. "Oh jeeze, coming from a guy with username as Rumble170cHAMP" makes it stupid. See my reasoning there? That's a pretty uncalled for statement.

Jones would have to close the distance because no one else can strike with Silva. Silva is atop the P4P striker in MMA without any debate. Jones doesn't even make the top 10. If he closes the distance to go for a Greco-Roman takedown, that doesn't mean he's in a danger-free zone. Silva has a great Muay Thai clinch.

well unfortunately youn would be dead then :) lol machida has no shot at bones end of story. It doesnt matter if hes not as accomplished a wrestler as sonnen. sonnen took him down at will and the janitor was supposed to be this great accomplished wrestler that would ngeate bones takedowns and force a foight from bones.... ya past accomplishemtns obviously dont matter in the UFC. jones would elbow a hole through silvas head if he doesnt kick it off

Even saying that Bones has a chance at beating SIlva in the striking department is completely ludacris. I'm not talking about accomplishments. I'm talking about present day. Sonnen has better wrestling then him. Sonnen has better wrestling than everyone besides maybe GSP and Koscheck. To say Machida has no shot at Bones is also ridiculous. Machida has better TDD than Vera and Matyushenko combined. His elusiveness would also be too much for Bones.

Even saying that Bones has a chance at beating SIlva in the striking department is completely ludacris. I'm not talking about accomplishments. I'm talking about present day. Sonnen has better wrestling then him. Sonnen has better wrestling than everyone besides maybe GSP and Koscheck. To say Machida has no shot at Bones is also ridiculous. Machida has better TDD than Vera and Matyushenko combined. His elusiveness would also be too much for Bones.

And you can't forget his Judo background which would help vastly in defending Jones' Greco Roman takedowns.

I agree Jones isn't P4P' date=' but solely on the fact that he's too big to be in that league... Jones striking though is bloody ridiculous... punches, kicks, elbows, GnP, he's got it all... the guy that throw down in ways the majority of even good strikers can't... leg grab to spinning back elbow with the same arm? who does that? maybe Silva... you can't deny the guys ability, standing up or on the ground... this guy WILL be LHW champ in the next year... the only person I can see stopping him is Machida, ONLY because his Judo is so good that he can deflect most takedown attempts...

But as a shameless Machida fan, I'd say that fight could go either way, and I wouldn't be surprised if Machida was on the short end of the betting odds... it would definitely be his most challenging fight... would still like to see Machida the winner, but still...

EDIT: Lil' Nog might be able to pull out the BJJ upset against Jones as well... other than that though, he'll run through everyone...[/quote']

this ^ but out of being a machida and silva fan i am silva and machida stand up would prove too much for bones i believe just like if you play as bones in 2010 and play as anderson in ligth heavy weight youd see the difference in there stand up

Everyone hes fought so far. He still hasnt fought top 10 competition. Matyushenko' date=' Vera, Hammil, Bonnar. No no no sir, he MAY be the best, but right now we have no way of knowing. Saying that he is this early is riduculous.

My 2 cents[/quote']

It's not so much that its that they're top 10 per se, it's that Jones made them look like amateurs, running through them like a hot knife through butter... sure, guys can beat Matyushenko, Vera, Hammil, etc., but nobody just walks over them and dominates them like Jones has done... its like Silva vs Leben... Silva beating Leben wasn't what was impressive, it was that he beat the living crap out of him with little to no effort at all that was impressive...

Bonnar is a bit of a different story for Jones, but at the same time Bonnar, win or lose, is arguably one of the toughest guys in the UFC and he'll always finish standing a bloody mess...

this ^ but out of being a machida and silva fan i am silva and machida stand up would prove too much for bones i believe just like if you play as bones in 2010 and play as anderson in ligth heavy weight youd see the difference in there stand up

If Machida and Jones fought, I think a combination of Machida speed, elusiveness, and Judo could make him pull through to a decision win... but with that said Jones' reach trumps his by 10.5 inches, and it would be really tough for him to cut through Jones' reach and could leave him susceptible to getting countered when he's in the process of escaping... if Jones was focused on getting takedowns, I could see Machida out maneuvering Jones with Judo trips and scoring points on the throws and counter strikes... but it would still be a huge challenge for the guy...

If they fought, I'd still go with Machida, simply because he's the embodiment of skill, speed, and accuracy over strength and size (this is why I, in many ways, consider him to be my favorite fighter along with GSP), and I'd be jumping out of my seat if he won, despite that I'm also a big fan of Jones, but at the same time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jones took the win...

Here's hoping that WHEN Machida beats Rampage and Jones beats whoever (Griffin?) they can make this fight happen...

If Machida and Jones fought' date=' I think a combination of Machida speed, elusiveness, and Judo could make him pull through to a decision win... but with that said Jones' reach trumps his by 10.5 inches, and it would be really tough for him to cut through Jones' reach and could leave him susceptible to getting countered when he's in the process of escaping... if Jones was focused on getting takedowns, I could see Machida out maneuvering Jones with Judo trips and scoring points on the throws and counter strikes... but it would still be a huge challenge for the guy...

If they fought, I'd still go with Machida, simply because he's the embodiment of skill, speed, and accuracy over strength and size (this is why I, in many ways, consider him to be my favorite fighter along with GSP), and I'd be jumping out of my seat if he won, despite that I'm also a big fan of Jones, but at the same time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jones took the win...

Here's hoping that WHEN Machida beats Rampage and Jones beats whoever (Griffin?) they can make this fight happen...[/quote']

machida by tko i think if he gets jones down with a trip jones is gonna be one of those guys that crumble on there back because hes not use to it

To be pound for pound best you have to fight the best guys and beat them to secure the spot. Jones hasn't had the opportunity to fight the best yet so no, he isn't in the list. However, the guy has amazing potential and I think within 2 years he may be considered the best pound for pound if he a) wins all his fights against better competition B) holds the belt c) anderson/gsp/aldo loses.

C'mon people this is ridiculous. I'm a Jones fan but there is no way he's best P4P. His boxing isn't great. Just summing that up for you. His striking is okay because of his kicks though. His double leg takedown is good but not good enough to get the following downl; Rampage' date=' Machida, Anderson. He has great Greco-Roman so I'm sure if he could close the distance with Anderson without getting murdered he could get him down. He would proabably get submitted though. There are four guys I think he can't beat. Those are; Rampage, Rashad, Machida, and Anderson. He would get murdered fighting any of these guys IMO. I'm a huge Bones fan but I'm also a realist so c'mon people. Be rational![/quote']

should have been saying could be when he dominates all at 205 he hasn't even fought top 10 yet, Vera could have been when he fought him but it's sketchy

"

Im a fan of Jones, but you need to get his **** out of your mouth for a little bit

Archived