Wacky/Oddball Habits?

Von_Kaiser

C'mon guys, everybody is a little bit weird in their own way. Most everybody has some little habit that they either hide from people or are embarrassed for people to discover. Get it off your chests, share your wacky habits within the anonymity of this forum's universe. Liberate yourselves!

Here's mine:

I count stuff. Who knows why I do it or when I started, but when I see numbers I automatically add/subtract/multiply/divide and play with them in my head to try and find mathematical patterns. I can continue to conversate and not visibly be distracted so nobody notices that I do it. I'll do it with addresses, advertisements, phone numbers, hell pretty much anything with numbers.

When I eat I almost always eat each item and finish it before I move onto the next item. For example, If I'm having steak, mashed potatoes, and say green beans I eat each one separately until I finish it before moving onto the next item. I don't know when the hell I started doing that but I do.

Ok, now I know some of you guys are way more nuts than I am so this should be a fun thread.

When im talkin to someone and im not really interested in what they are saying' date=' i instictively start to scratch my balls. I dont do it to be a jerk, it just a habit lol[/quote']

Yeah, sometimes people grab their Scotty Junk without even noticing what they're doing. It's funny that you do it as an effect of a boring conversation.

I bet they shut the hell up pretty quick huh?

I usually just mix the head nod with the uh-huh while my mind goes elsewhere.

Ya pretty much lol. Another habit i have, is on my amplifier for my guitar, all of my tone and volume controls have to be divisible by five. I dont really know why, but it just drives me insane if its not.

Strangest,

When I walk through doors way I stick my pinkies out just enough so that they lightly tap each side of the doorway so in effect I measure the doorway. Not always but more often than not.

I piss with more weight on my left foot but put my weight to my right foot when shaking.

I do a similar thing when brushing my teeth, never stand flat 95% of my weight on one foot and I change on opposites sides to which side of the mouth I am brushing.

I count stuff. Who knows why I do it or when I started' date=' but when I see numbers I automatically add/subtract/multiply/divide and play with them in my head to try and find mathematical patterns. I can continue to conversate and not visibly be distracted so nobody notices that I do it. I'll do it with addresses, advertisements, phone numbers, hell pretty much anything with numbers.[/quote']

I do the exact same thing. You would do pretty well in my job as many people just don't bother to look further into such patterns, but rare is indeed are the ones who do it for some kind of fun.

My other similar thing I try to workout if a room is square. Not right angled corners but a perfect square. And if not square where would a reflection bounce until its hits another corner thus completing the sequence.

(FYI I have measured a couple of my living rooms to see if my predictions were correct, mixed results).

When I set my alarm clock, I suddenly get OCD. I will slide the bar from On to Off back to On repeatedly until I feel that I am 100% sure the alarm is set. I get paranoid and feel that my alarm won't go off the next morning if I don't do this a good 10 times or so.

When I set my alarm clock' date=' I suddenly get OCD. I will slide the bar from On to Off back to On repeatedly until I feel that I am 100% sure the alarm is set. I get paranoid and feel that my alarm won't go off the next morning if I don't do this a good 10 times or so.[/quote']

i dont do that but i get paranoid that my alarm clock wont go off some times

When I set my alarm clock' date=' I suddenly get OCD. I will slide the bar from On to Off back to On repeatedly until I feel that I am 100% sure the alarm is set. I get paranoid and feel that my alarm won't go off the next morning if I don't do this a good 10 times or so.[/quote']

Oh man, deja vu, i know Exactly what you mean

I have a odd habit. I like to keep things in lots of 5. Example I will have the volume on the TV set to the nearest 5 or 10. There are many other things that i do this with, even on a subconcious level. If the TV volume is not on the nearest 5 or 10 it will bug me constantly.

I have a odd habit. I like to keep things in lots of 5. Example I will have the volume on the TV set to the nearest 5 or 10. There are many other things that i do this with' date=' even on a subconcious level. If the TV volume is not on the nearest 5 or 10 it will bug me constantly.[/quote']

lol i do the same thing with knobs on my guitar equipment

Archived