BJ might be the most delusional....

dimension33

fighter I have seen. how can someone SO GOOD actually believe they are BETTER than what they are....he is tryingto manufacture motivation because someone asked if Gray Maynard deserveda title shot and Frankie said yeah maynard beat me so it makes sense....and BJ turns that into Frankie dont want to fight me....everytime BJ tries to do this...tries to talk **** to motivate himself...BJ gets his **** kicked

fighter I have seen. how can someone SO GOOD actually believe they are BETTER than what they are....he is tryingto manufacture motivation because someone asked if Gray Maynard deserveda title shot and Frankie said yeah maynard beat me so it makes sense....and BJ turns that into Frankie dont want to fight me....everytime BJ tries to do this...tries to talk **** to motivate himself...BJ gets his **** kicked

Bisping's delusion > BJ's delusion > 10000000000000000000000000000000000000

As a massive Penn fan, I gotta say you're probably right here.....

Thing is, BJ for the majority of his career, has needed motivation to fight well. Whether that be an opponent talking trash, or him waking up and getting that spark to be the best LW in the world. Motivation and drive, as far as I've perceived, have been his biggest problems his entire career. Typically he's been so good, he can rely on his natural talent to get him wins.....but as better fighters come up the ranks, this won't hold for very long.

As many people know, he's got a train of "yes" men who've always followed him around, and this has done nothing for him.

I think he's going to molest Frankie this time around though.....

As a massive Penn fan' date=' I gotta say you're probably right here.....

Thing is, BJ for the majority of his career, has needed motivation to fight well. Whether that be an opponent talking trash, or him waking up and getting that spark to be the best LW in the world. Motivation and drive, as far as I've perceived, have been his biggest problems his entire career. Typically he's been so good, he can rely on his natural talent to get him wins.....but as better fighters come up the ranks, this won't hold for very long.

As many people know, he's got a train of "yes" men who've always followed him around, and this has done nothing for him.

I think he's going to molest Frankie this time around though.....[/quote']

Penn is delusional and manufacturing drama. Which is at odds with his new attempts to play a babyface rather then a heel. Ever since the GSP fight it's like he's two personalities. One tries to be respectful and humble and he'll say all the right things because he knows fans like this...but then he'll wreck it and act like an **** and be whiny and disrespectful and emo because he didn't get his way.

Frank has never said a bad thing about Penn yet Penns trying to pretend he did so he can either motivate himself or hype the fight.

As much as I dislike Penn I have to agree with Ex that he's a decent fighter and could be amazing if he actually admitted his faults and trained hard to correct them. I just don't see that happening this time. On the countdown it shows Edgar training and BJ jumping off a waterfall.. Edgar training and BF standing in the surf staring at the sun. Edgar training and BJ sitting on the ground rubbing his budda belly.

While the odds are still on Penn to win I don't think we are going to see some crazy amazing BJ performance. He will look like he usually does and that still might be good enough.

but i'll still cheer for Edgar.

As much as I dislike Penn I have to agree with Ex that he's a decent fighter and could be amazing if he actually admitted his faults and trained hard to correct them. I just don't see that happening this time. On the countdown it shows Edgar training and BJ jumping off a waterfall.. Edgar training and BF standing in the surf staring at the sun. Edgar training and BJ sitting on the ground rubbing his budda belly.

While the odds are still on Penn to win I don't think we are going to see some crazy amazing BJ performance. He will look like he usually does and that still might be good enough.

I was wondering about this while watching the countdown show last night. The way they shot the footage of Penn reminded me so much of pre GSP II fight. Penn doing everything but actually train. Contrast that to pre Florian and Pre Diego countdowns where they showed him training hard with the RVCA guys at the gym in California. In those one he looked determined to kick some ****. They where also the 2 fights where BJ actually performed amazing with great cardio and didn't gas in the later rounds.

Now we all heard he spent time at the RVCA gym for this camp, maybe the countdown was filmed prior to that IDK but they didn't show any footage of it.The BJ I saw last night looked like he was struggling to find the motivation and like his yes men had convinced him the first was a fluke and he has this fight in the bag. He better check that attitude at the door or this fight is going to be a rude awakening for him.

There is no doubt BJ is the bigger, more experienced, more naturally gifted fighter. Sometimes though, that is not enough without the hard work and dedication. Edgar is no joke.

Penn is just the type of fighter that needs to dislike the guy he is about to fight. Think about his fighting history with J. Pulver, Sherk, Sanchez, Florien, ect. He always seems to find a reason to start disliking his opponents even if they say something as simple as yeah I think Maynard deserves the next title shot.

But I wouldnt say that BJ always gets his **** kicked when he motivates himself like that. For all of the above mentioned fighters, he kicked their asses. GSP was the only exception.

Penn is delusional and manufacturing drama. Which is at odds with his new attempts to play a babyface rather then a heel. Ever since the GSP fight it's like he's two personalities. One tries to be respectful and humble and he'll say all the right things because he knows fans like this...but then he'll wreck it and act like an **** and be whiny and disrespectful and emo because he didn't get his way.

Frank has never said a bad thing about Penn yet Penns trying to pretend he did so he can either motivate himself or hype the fight.

yeah, you're exactly right. BJ is nothing but a spoiled child and has always been so and is followed around by a bunch of **** kissers who tell him he is the mma Jesus. Not only calling Frankie yellow for saying it made sense for him to fight Gray, but calling him a joke when his trainers put him on their shoulders and celebrated....after winning the ****ing lightweight title!!! Seriously? He's not allowed to be happy when he won even?

There is no denying BJ's talent as a fighter, but as a person, he is absolute garbage and I hopes he gets paralyzed so I never have to see his stupid cabbage patch doll face on TV again.

most delusional... yet greatest LW fighter of all time

I would have to agree.

But I doubt he can beat Frankie, unless he just had an off night.

I don;t think he had an odd night.

He just ran into the guy who can beat him.

Like Ali and Ken Norton. Ali could beat them all, but for some reason he just couldn;t beat Ken Norton.

I would have to agree.

But I doubt he can beat Frankie' date=' unless he just had an off night.

I don;t think he had an odd night.

He just ran into the guy who can beat him.

[b']Like Ali and Ken Norton. Ali could beat them all, but for some reason he just couldn;t beat Ken Norton[/b].

Except in the rematch when he totally dominated him and humiliated him physically for 12 rounds.

Good analogy though, I see this rematch going pretty much the same way. Just like Ali, when Penn is not properly prepared and motivated, he can be had, but when he is, I don't think there is a LW, and very few fighters at higher weights, who can hang with him.

Ask EVERYBODY in the business, even the great Fedor, and they will tell you that BJ Penn is the most naturally talented and gifted fighter ever in the game.

Before yesterday, I would have agreed with you. Yesterday, I read an article on ESPN that shows how BJ is a decently grounded individual. While he does hear the hype around him as a fighter, he doesn't necessarily take it in.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/40432.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Check it out.

Archived