Sonnen will get rematch.

FerociousKO

According to this forum the majority of his training was spent on sub defense' date=' and he was at the top of his game and couldnt be submitted... therefore no improvement there.[/quote']

Just as in the first fight i would be suprised if sonnen loses. Sonnen could possibly eat a flying knee or get caught in another sub but i see sonnen dominating him for 5 rounds.

Just as in the first fight i would be suprised if sonnen loses. Sonnen could possibly eat a flying knee or get caught in another sub but i see sonnen dominating him for 5 rounds.

Sonnen fought his best fight ever, the perfect fight (so his performance can only get worse)... Silva fought his worst fight ever (so his performance can only get better. If Silva won when he was at his worst and Sonnen was at his best then Silva can never lose to Sonnen.

triangle1.gif

run_away.gif

As good as Sonnen looked in the first fight' date=' I really don't see him beating Silva in a rematch.[/quote']

Sonnen has silva number , I said this a million times before the first fight and everyone laughed at me but styles make fights and sonnen has the style to beat silva.

Sonnen fought his best fight ever' date=' the perfect fight (so his performance can only get worse)... Silva fought his worst fight ever (so his performance can only get better. If Silva won when he was at his worst and Sonnen was at his best then Silva can never lose to Sonnen.[/quote']

If sonnen fought his best fight ever he wouldn't have got caught and next time you will see the best sonnen and the best silva. And it will be sonnen who will leave the cage with the belt.

Sonnen has silva number ' date=' I said this a million times before the first fight and everyone laughed at me but styles make fights and sonnen has the style to beat silva.[/quote']

Styles do make fights I agree. The thing is though, other than not getting caught in a Triangle Sonnen has nothing new to offer in a rematch. He fought the fight of his life and couldn't finish it.

Silva on the other hand lets face it had a pretty ****ty fight. Most of that I credit to Sonnen taking him out of his game. That said, Silva will not be taking Chael lightly. I think that fight will light the fire under Silva's ****. If we see the Silva from the early days of his UFC career re-emerge, Sonnen is in for a world of hurt.

Styles do make fights I agree. The thing is though' date=' other than not getting caught in a Triangle Sonnen has nothing new to offer in a rematch. [b']He fought [/b]the fight of his life and couldn't finish it.Silva on the other hand lets face it had a pretty ****ty fight. Most of that I credit to Sonnen taking him out of his game. That said, Silva will not be taking Chael lightly. I think that fight will light the fire under Silva's ****. If we see the Silva from the early days of his UFC career re-emerge, Sonnen is in for a world of hurt.

Sonnen isn't very good at finishing fights (look at his record) But he is very good at out toughing his opponents as sonnen said before the marquart fight.

Marquart may be a better striker,wrestler,grappler and even a bettter fighter than me but i will fight a way to win this fight i dont know how but i will out fight him.

Sonnen has Silva. Sonnen Beat his **** for 4 and a half rounds. Silva came out with the W but just barely. 4 and a half rounds of beating the **** out of someone will really wear on a guy. a rematch? idk Silva walk away from this fight learning and improving alot but it does look like Sonnen has Silva's number. Sonnen proved everyone wrong. Silva is not unbeatable. maybe now people wont worship that overrated dancer

I really wish there wasn't the constant rematches going on, but I am interested to see this one go down.

You have a change in the psychology of the fight with this one. Chael knows he can beat Silva, and Silva might just be a littel more scared of Chael than he was before.

Visible damage or not, having a guy pounding on you and grinding on you for any length of time will wear ya down in a fight.

Silva showed that he has a good mind and heart to pull off a submission, but his eyes were that of a beaten man at the end of that fight. I don't mean any disrespect in that statement.

Now, if the injury was real and a huge factor, then we may see a very different fight. I think that Silva has to learn to be the agressive striker to make this one happen though. Counter puncing a take down artist will be tough.

I look forward to the fight happening again, even if it is an immediate rematch. Silva will be less confident and Chael will be more confident going into this one (if that's even possible for Chael.)

its weird... a part of me feels like Sonnen doesn't deserve a rematch since he fought 110% and Silva fought 50% and he still lost... but with that said though, when looking at the reality of the situation, who else would fight Silva besides Belfort, who's been waiting forever now and needs to take on new fights? honestly, I think this will be a good opportunity for Silva to redeem himself, especially now that he knows what to expect... he obviously took that fight so lightly he screwed himself... training with Steven Segal in Aikido? yeah, that pretty much sums that up right there...

Sonnen will do the same thing... and Silva will be ready for it this time... this ends in either in a TKO (if Silva improves his TDD) or a triangle in the 2nd (if Silva improves his BJJ)

its weird... a part of me feels like Sonnen doesn't deserve a rematch since he fought 110% and Silva fought 50% and he still lost... but with that said though' date=' when looking at the reality of the situation, who else would fight Silva besides Belfort, who's been waiting forever now and needs to take on new fights? honestly, I think this will be a good opportunity for Silva to redeem himself, especially now that he knows what to expect... he obviously took that fight so lightly he screwed himself... training with Steven Segal in Aikido? yeah, that pretty much sums that up right there...

Sonnen will do the same thing... and Silva will be ready for it this time... this ends in either in a TKO (if Silva improves his TDD) or a triangle in the 2nd (if Silva improves his BJJ)[/quote']

i'm not sure why everyone continues to discredit sonnen's game. silva was at 50%? i'm certain that if another silva/sonnen thread pops up next week his fight night percentage will have gone down another 20%.

i'm not sure why everyone continues to discredit sonnen's game. silva was at 50%? i'm certain that if another silva/sonnen thread pops up next week his fight night percentage will have gone down another 20%.

I dunno dude... Silva is normally swift and dodges punches like Neo from the matrix... saw none of that (other than that stellar elbow in the 4th)... the takedowns I can understand, but seeing Silva get knocked around on his feet like that... I don't know... just really seemed off... no excuses though... its Silva's fault for slacking on his training and taking the fight that lightly...

At the end of the day... I think we're going to see a very different Silva in the rematch... same like we are very likely going to see a very different Penn in his rematch... with that said though, if Sonnen beats him this time around, we'll know for sure Silva was likely at his best and most motivated so all doubt will be put aside after that...

Sonnen has silva number ' date=' I said this a million times before the first fight and everyone laughed at me but styles make fights and sonnen has the style to beat silva.[/quote']

Styles do makes fights, thats why Sonnen has no chance. Almost all of his losses have been by submission. He openly calls Bjj gay and that he doesn't care about it. Anderson will just submit him again.

I dunno dude... Silva is normally swift and dodges punches like Neo from the matrix... saw none of that (other than that stellar elbow in the 4th)... the takedowns I can understand' date=' but seeing Silva get knocked around on his feet like that... I don't know... just really seemed off... no excuses though... its Silva's fault for slacking on his training and taking the fight that lightly...

At the end of the day... I think we're going to see a very different Silva in the rematch... same like we are very likely going to see a very different Penn in his rematch... with that said though, if Sonnen beats him this time around, we'll know for sure Silva was likely at his best and most motivated so all doubt will be put aside after that...[/quote']

yeah silva did not look like we had seen him in the past, but i think a lot of that has to do with sonnen coming at him so aggresively. if we were surprised to see silva look that way, what makes everyone think that silva wasn't surprised himself by what he saw from sonnen. i can't disagree with the fact that we saw a different silva, but i wish more people would tip their hats to sonnen and admit that maybe silva got a bit overwhelmed.

as far as the rematch goes i'm gonna root for sonnen but i think silva will be the one to learn more from his mistakes.

Archived