Whats with all the god damn Immediate rematches???

Ichigo

I am the only one here that thinks if you lose you start from scratch again???

I think its unfair on other competitors to have to stand by and wait while these things are going on!

A loss is a loss and you should have to start at the start again and work through the ranks yet again to prove yourself still worthy of a title shot!

Now before but Shogun KO'd Lyoto so that proves he was worthy just dont bother i know Shogun won but i still think he should have started again and had at least 2 more wins before getting another shot! Its only fair on the other fighters in the division!

Now i know two of them have been close decisions eg BJ Frankie and Shogun Lyoto but Shogun and BJ both lost and its only fair they start again! For example im sure everybody would like to see BJ run through a few fighters before getting another shot right? i sure as hell would! but now we dont get to see this because of the immediate rematch im sure alot of people would have liked to see that from Shogun too!

but still i dealt with that before and said i was not happy about the immediate rematches but hey 1 person cant make a different right?

But now ive read that Dana White is Setting up Silva vs Sonnen 2 now what the ****!!! I mean sure Sonnen made Anderson work a hell of a lot harder than anybody else in probably his whole fighting career but dammit Sonnen got finished!

How does getting finished mean you are worthy i mean really say Shogun loses to Rashad by TKO or sub or something do you really think an immediate rematch would be just? i sure as hell dont i mean maybe but only maybe if he lost to Anderson by KO late in the Fifth which hasnt ever happened to Chael before but man getting caught in the same Sub everybody catches him in warrants and immediate rematch ??

NO

Sure it dont now dont get me wrong CHael put on one hell of a fight but showed he has not evolved in his BJJ game at all because he is arrogant as ****! LIke seriously after getting in the same sub he has been caught in over and over again all from the same position too apart from the Maia one seriously!

I mean if Chaels getting an immediate Rematch why not Carwin he almost finished Lesnar right? but got finished this must also warrant an immediate Rematch!

http://mmafrenzy.com/15725/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-rematch-planned-for-january-or-february-ufc/

Discuss!

The problem with the UFC (with the exception of LHW) is that there are so few people in each division that can hang at the top. What's the point of making them start all the way back at the bottom? If a fight is close, I don't see the harm in giving them an immediate rematch, unless there are other people in line.

Sonnen getting a rematch is somewhat premature as Belfort has been waiting for a long time, but maybe he's not ready yet either, I don't know.

The problem with the UFC (with the exception of LHW) is that there are so few people in each division that can hang at the top. What's the point of making them start all the way back at the bottom? If a fight is close' date=' I don't see the harm in giving them an immediate rematch, unless there are other people in line.

Sonnen getting a rematch is somewhat premature as Belfort has been waiting for a long time, but maybe he's not ready yet either, I don't know.[/quote']

well you know what i mean not right at the bottom like at the middle of the division and have to fight someone there then somebody higher class then a rematch

well you know what i mean not right at the bottom like at the middle of the division and have to fight someone there then somebody higher class then a rematch

If they're already ranked in the top 10, why make them fight someone out of the top 10?

If they were to lose the following fight as well, then I could see having them fight someone out of the top 10.

If they're already ranked in the top 10' date=' why make them fight someone out of the top 10?

If they were to lose the following fight as well, then I could see having them fight someone out of the top 10.[/quote']

thats why i said like sorta middle

like say if BJ lost to Frankie again i would expect him to face somebody like Gomi or something first then somebody like Florian

or if Shogun lost to Rashad i would think somebody like BAder first then somebody like Rampage or lil Nog

if you get what i mean

thats why i said like sorta middle

like say if BJ lost to Frankie again i would expect him to face somebody like Gomi or something first then somebody like Florian

or if Shogun lost to Rashad i would think somebody like BAder first then somebody like Rampage or lil Nog

if you get what i mean

Why would the #2 LW in the world fight someone that isn't even top 10?

Why would the #2 LW in the world fight someone that isn't even top 10?

ahhh but heres the thing

there are no official rankings in the UFC therefore the UFC can make any fight they want and you cant really complain about the rankings of each

if Shogun lost to Lyoto again the UFC could have easily put Shogun in a fight with lets say Steve Cantwell if they really wanted and you cant really complain because there are no rankings

so i would like an official rankings list before you bring rankings into it!

and you could be looking for a while as there are none

The UFC could make any fight they want that they think could make them money or help boost the hype of a just lost opponent they dont care about rankings good example Travis Lutter got a shot at Anderson and he is in no way top ten so that blows your logic right out of the water!

ahhh but heres the thing

there are no official rankings in the UFC therefore the UFC can make any fight they want and you cant really complain about the rankings of each

God I hope you're trolling. Sherdog is what everyone uses for rankings.

if Shogun lost to Lyoto again the UFC could have easily put Shogun in a fight with lets say Steve Cantwell if they really wanted and you cant really complain because there are no rankings

But they didn't because they know it would serve no purpose. The fact that they can do something doesn't mean that they should' date=' and thankfully, they don't.

so i would like an official rankings list before you bring rankings into it!

Now you're just losing it. It's like you're trying to say that there's only the #1 guy, and everyone else is on the same level, which is simply not true.

and you could be looking for a while as there are none

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-26238

God I hope you're trolling. Sherdog is what everyone uses for rankings.

But they didn't because they know it would serve no purpose. The fact that they can do something doesn't mean that they should' date=' and thankfully, they don't.

[b']Now you're just losing it. It's like you're trying to say that there's only the #1 guy, and everyone else is on the same level, which is simply not true.[/b]

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-26238

no no im not saying that im saying there is not an official MMA rankings those ranking are official to Sherdog Only

Where as several different websites also claim to have an official MMA rankings List when really they are only offical to themselves

plus Sherdog wiped Fedor from there p4p list due to Fedors 1 loss where im sure everybody would agree is ridiculous

no no im not saying that im saying there is not an official MMA rankings those ranking are official to Sherdog Only

Where as several different websites also claim to have an official MMA rankings List when really they are only offical to themselves

plus Sherdog wiped Fedor from there p4p list due to Fedors 1 loss where im sure everybody would agree is ridiculous

Actually, even though I greatly respect the entire career's work that Fedor has done, I would agree with Sherdog on this one. Fedor hasn't done shi.t in the past few years. He SHOULD be out of the top 10 P4P.

On that note, we must all recognize that the P4P list is and always was absolutely stupid. It's as stupid as the BCS rankings in college football.

This rematch is FREAKING awesome! I can't wait for it! Sonnen is gonna come in stronger and faster! Its D-day for anderson soon and I hope Anderson doesn't prove me wrong again............. I don't know how any of you can complain after watching the last match. The match was epic. Vitor will get his match if he wins his next match. He only won one match at MW thats not exactly earning a title shot even though its over Rich.

This rematch is FREAKING awesome! I can't wait for it! Sonnen is gonna come in stronger and faster! Its D-day for anderson soon and I hope Anderson doesn't prove me wrong again............. I don't know how any of you can complain after watching the last match. The match was epic. Vitor will get his match if he wins his next match. He only won one match at MW thats not exactly earning a title shot even though its over Rich.

He is now more deserving than Chael who just got finished in his last fight ; )

I am the only one here that thinks if you lose you start from scratch again???

I think its unfair on other competitors to have to stand by and wait while these things are going on!

A loss is a loss and you should have to start at the start again and work through the ranks yet again to prove yourself still worthy of a title shot!

Now before but Shogun KO'd Lyoto so that proves he was worthy just dont bother i know Shogun won but i still think he should have started again and had at least 2 more wins before getting another shot! Its only fair on the other fighters in the division!

Now i know two of them have been close decisions eg BJ Frankie and Shogun Lyoto but Shogun and BJ both lost and its only fair they start again! For example im sure everybody would like to see BJ run through a few fighters before getting another shot right? i sure aas hell would! but now we dont get to see this because of the immediate rematch im sure alot of people would have liked to see that from Shogun too!

but still i dealt with that before and said i was not happy about the immediate rematches but hey 1 person cant make a different right?

But now ive read that Dana White is Setting up Silva vs Sonnen 2 now what the ****!!! I mean sure Sonnen made Anderson work a hell of a lot harder than anybody else in probably his whole fighting career but dammit Sonnen got finished!

How does getting finished mean you are worthy i mean really say Shogun loses to Rashad by TKO or sub or something do you really think an immediate rematch would be just? i sure as hell dont i mean maybe but only maybe if he lost to Anderson by KO late in the Fifth which hasnt ever happened to Chael before but man getting caught in the same Sub everybody catches him in warrants and immediate rematch ??

NO

Sure it dont now dont get me wrong CHael put on one hell of a fight but showed he has not evolved in his BJJ game at all because he is arrogant as ****! LIke seriously after getting in the same sub he has been caught in over and over again all from the same position too apart from the Maia one seriously!

I mean if Chaels getting an immediate Rematch why not Carwin he almost finished Lesnar right? but got finished this must also warrant an immediate Rematch!

http://mmafrenzy.com/15725/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-rematch-planned-for-january-or-february-ufc/

Discuss!

So you would rather just watch rape someone else? Its the best match up why not make the fight again.

Archived