Carwin vs Nelson.. Who you got???

Slam_Man

Carwin with ease.

Nelson doesn't have a change. I doubt he'd be able to knock him out.... if Lesnar couldn't take him down in the first then I highly doubt Nelson could... this would be a stand up striking exchange that I don't see Roy Nelson winning.

Carwin knows about all of his 'cardio' accusations, and he knows what critics have said about his performance against Brock. He's going to be coming back with an eagerness to prove these people wrong. Not to mention the fact that Roy has started talking, and pissing of a guy like Carwin isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.

I either see him crushing Roy within the first few minutes as usual, or completely grinding him down to a pulp, in a Lesnar-style beatdown.

Roy Nelson isn't that great by the way.

He took JDS to a decision and totally gassed by the end of the second. Not really great at all.

Yeah, hes a little overrated as far as cardio goes. He really didnt do anything against Junior, just had his arms in front of his face

Yeah' date=' hes a little overrated as far as cardio goes. He really didnt do anything against Junior, just had his arms in front of his face[/quote']

Yes, I did notice it seemed like his guard was really inhibiting his vision.... though it may be the reason he just barely survived that fight.

I'm surprised anybody said nelson. Carwin has it easily. Roy will get ktfo!!! And Carwin's cardio shouldn't be in question. Carwin didn't gas out, it was lactic acid, read the articles, do some research, talk to a doctor or nutritionist. Lactic acid is legit, not some lame excuse to cover up for poor cardio. You won't see this happen to carwin again.

Carwin,

Cardio, boxing, power, wrestling, on a mission.

Nelson

Chin, BJJ, heart.

Gotta give it to Carwin.

He took JDS to a decision and totally gassed by the end of the second. Not really great at all.

I'd say taking JDS to a decision is worth listing as one of his positive attributes.

Just simply for the beating he took while looking barely able to stand. What I learned there is JDS can struggle to finish (he should have had that in the 2nd)' date=' and Roy will not ever give up either mentally or physically. Tire yes give up no.

And Carwin's cardio shouldn't be in question. Carwin didn't gas out, it was lactic acid, read the articles, do some research, talk to a doctor or nutritionist. Lactic acid is legit, not some lame excuse to cover up for poor cardio.

I agree,

You won't see this happen to carwin again.

Disagree, It is unlikely to happen again but lightning is more likely to strike where it has struck before.

I however sure as hell hope not.

I would put money on Carwin attempting or landing more strikes in the first round against Lesnar than Roy Nelson in his whole fight against JDS

You may be right, but I just dont see Carwin being able to knock fat boy out so this would go into the later rounds and well we know what happens to Carwin after round one......

I don't see Nelson having superior standup to Carwin and certainly don't see him eating repeated shots from Carwin on their feet. I don't see Nelson taking this to the ground and actually would suspect Carwin wanting to keep the match on their feet. I think Nelson tries to press Carwin against the cage to wear him out and not having success doing it. It is possible Nelson could land one of those big overhand rights he throws like an angered bar fighter though.

Carwin's next fight will say much about how serious he is at making another run. If that dude gets motivated and takes nothing but positive things from his Lesnar loss the HW division is in a lot of trouble.

Archived