Seriously?? AS/Sonnen rematch??

Z_RoTheCrooked

I disagree with this. Silva submitted him, yeah he got dominated for 4 rounds, but Sonnen tapped and no longer wanted to fight. I would like to see this fight happen again, but an immediate rematch i think is wrong. Oh yeah, and when they do fight again, Silva is going to annihilate this Sonnen this time around i promise

I disagree with this. Silva submitted him' date=' yeah he got dominated for 4 rounds, but Sonnen tapped and no longer wanted to fight. I would like to see this fight happen again, but an immediate rematch i think is wrong. Oh yeah, and when they do fight again, Silva is going to annihilate this Sonnen this time around i promise[/quote']

^ interpretation

'WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHH MOMMY!! MOMMY!!!! JOE SILVA IS A BAD MAN WAAAHHHHH"

Fights are put on to sell tickets. It has nothing to do with who deserves it. It has everything to do with what the UFC sees as a marketable fight.

Chael hyped the hell out of the last fight and got good ppv numbers, the UFC would like to milk him for all hes worth before he falls down the rankings.

Stop talking about who deserves what, its a business, they are here to make money. Deal with it.

I disagree with this. Silva submitted him' date=' yeah he got dominated for 4 rounds, but Sonnen tapped and no longer wanted to fight. I would like to see this fight happen again, but an immediate rematch i think is wrong. Oh yeah, and when they do fight again, Silva is going to annihilate this Sonnen this time around i promise[/quote']

who cares if ppl think he is the best p4p fighter in the world (i do) then he should try and make his last fight look like a joke by knocking sonnen out in the first round sonnen is the only guy that has a chance look at the other guys

belfort? okami? leben? marquardt? bisbing? sexyama? the only guy that can beat him is sonnen but i still dont think sonnen will win

You noobs need to do some background checks. First, Chael beat Silva senseless for four and a half rounds. Second, that rib "injury" is a poor mans excuse, if Silva actually had bad ribs before the Doc's wouldn't have clear him. Fact is the Doc clear which meant he was able enough to fight. Finally, Chael didn't tap/ he went out. Chael himself has reported that the ref woke him up.

You noobs need to do some background checks. First' date=' Chael beat Silva senseless for four and a half rounds. Second, that rib "injury" is a poor mans excuse, if Silva actually had bad ribs before the Doc's wouldn't have clear him. Fact is the Doc clear which meant he was able enough to fight. Finally, Chael didn't tap/ he went out. Chael himself has reported that the ref woke him up.[/quote']

I agree with everything you just said but i watched that entire card and was glue to the TV. Chael did tap 2 times i might add on AS's thigh.

sorry but how did you get didnt want to fight???????

people get subbed they tap cos they are in too much pain or are about to go out!

silva was moments from losing his title.............GSP would have raped him!

You noobs need to do some background checks. First' date=' Chael beat Silva senseless for four and a half rounds. Second, that rib "injury" is a poor mans excuse, if Silva actually had bad ribs before the Doc's wouldn't have clear him. Fact is the Doc clear which meant he was able enough to fight. Finally, Chael didn't tap/ he went out. Chael himself has reported that the ref woke him up.[/quote']

im so glad you are still here to help these idiots!

its lonely here sometimes:(

20 odd minutes of taking SILVA apart and one slip and these noobs think he shouldnt be in the same ring as SIVA!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB'S

Excuses' date=' if your a mma fighter you are rarely at 100%.[/quote']

That's not an excuse.

Silva didn't fight as well as he normally does. He made some critical errors that cost him that he has never made before during fights.

He didn't fight his best fight and anyone who can't see that is retarded.

Not taking anything away from Sonnen because Sonnen handed him a whooping.

Chael himself said he was really surprised how little resistence Silva gave. Chael said he believes Silva when he said he was injured and not fighting his best fight because of it.

But, you can disagree with Chael if you want,...tool.

Your defending AS a little to hard, making me think you have a man crush on him. All I'm saying is that the doctor cleared both to fight, regardless of whatever badly injured ribs he had it couldnt have been that bad bc he was cleared. I agree Silva looked a little off. And one more thing I think Sonnen learned more from this loss that Silva from the win

Your defending AS a little to hard' date=' making me think you have a man crush on him. All I'm saying is that the doctor cleared both to fight, regardless of whatever badly injured ribs he had it couldnt have been that bad bc he was cleared. I agree Silva looked a little off. And one more thing I think Sonnen learned more from this loss that Silva from the win[/quote']

Oh yeah, saying I have a crush on a dude I've never met is really mature. You must be 12 years old.

Actually, according to AS and his guys, their doctor told him to pull out of the fight but AS said hell no and was gonna fight anyways.

So, yeah, uh huh. Sure.

Was it confirmed that there is a rematch?

Oh yeah' date=' saying I have a crush on a dude I've never met is really mature. You must be 12 years old.

Actually, according to AS and his guys, their doctor told him to pull out of the fight but AS said hell no and was gonna fight anyways.

So, yeah, uh huh. Sure.[/quote']

Take a valum.

I do believe that Sonnen had his shot and a rematch will be a very different fight to what we previously witnessed.

However, does Chael deserve his rematch? Yes, most definitely. He took Silva into places he has never been before, dominated him for 4 rounds with little resistance. He made it an unmissable fight from the moment it was made with his brilliant PR work, raising more viewers than could have been expected if left to the UFC or Silva to promote.

He is the ultimate underdog who had his Rocky moment, let him go for it again, even Silva wouldn't deny him that much i'm sure.

Like i said originally, i have Silva for this but i do wonder why so many Andy fans are adamant a rematch should not take place, worried maybe?

I do believe that Sonnen had his shot and a rematch will be a very different fight to what we previously witnessed.

However' date=' does Chael deserve his rematch? Yes, most definitely. He took Silva into places he has never been before, dominated him for 4 rounds with little resistance. He made it an unmissable fight from the moment it was made with his brilliant PR work, raising more viewers than could have been expected if left to the UFC or Silva to promote.

He is the ultimate underdog who had his Rocky moment, let him go for it again, even Silva wouldn't deny him that much i'm sure.

Like i said originally, i have Silva for this but i do wonder why so many Andy fans are adamant a rematch should not take place, worried maybe?[/quote']

Nah, we just want to see other guys get a chance at the belt

BJ, Shogun and Chael all fight an instant rematch and screws 3 other fighters out of a chance at the belt. That's bulls***.

Nah' date=' we just want to see other guys get a chance at the belt

BJ, Shogun and Chael all fight an instant rematch and screws 3 other fighters out of a chance at the belt. That's bulls***.[/quote']

Would you honestly drop any of those guys from the number 1 position & if so who would you replace them with.

Number one contender gets the shot.

Nah' date=' we just want to see other guys get a chance at the belt

BJ, Shogun and Chael all fight an instant rematch and screws 3 other fighters out of a chance at the belt. That's bulls***.[/quote']

But honestly their is no one at the MW division that could do what chael did to silva. This is the UFC, its entertainment, a business. They rematched bc the fight could have gone either way if Chael shogun and BJ got slaughtered their would be no rematch

Would you honestly drop any of those guys from the number 1 position & if so who would you replace them with.

Number one contender gets the shot.

Who ever was next in line is who I would put at the #1 spot.

If you lose, whether it's contraversial or whatnot, you lost and/or you left it up to the judges to decide your fate. Your #1 contender spot is gone because you lost and whoever is next in line takes the #1 contender spot.

You don't see Carwin complaining and begging for a rematch because he beat down Brock but had what can be considered a "fluke" getting overly fatigued and shocked with lactic acidosis and resulted in a loss.

Shane had that fight dominating, just like Chael did, yet Shane isn't looking for a re-match based on a fluke loss. They both tapped, they both should lose their #1 contender spot.

Who ever was next in line is who I would put at the #1 spot.

If you lose' date=' whether it's contraversial or whatnot, you lost and/or you left it up to the judges to decide your fate. Your #1 contender spot is gone because you lost and whoever is next in line takes the #1 contender spot.

You don't see Carwin complaining and begging for a rematch because he beat down Brock but had what can be considered a "fluke" getting overly fatigued and shocked with lactic acidosis and resulted in a loss.

Shane had that fight dominating, just like Chael did, yet Shane isn't looking for a re-match based on a fluke loss. They both tapped, they both should lose their #1 contender spot.[/quote']

Something tells me though that if Silva had lost you would have been demanding an instant rematch.

Something tells me though that if Silva had lost you would have been demanding an instant rematch.

I kind of think it would've been fun seeing Silva climb the ranks again. Maybe it would've given him the "eye of the tiger" that he had when he fought Leben and Franklin.

It seems like nowadays he's doing just enough not to lose.

Fights are put on to sell tickets. It has nothing to do with who deserves it. It has everything to do with what the UFC sees as a marketable fight.

Chael hyped the hell out of the last fight and got good ppv numbers' date=' the UFC would like to milk him for all hes worth before he falls down the rankings.

Stop talking about who deserves what, its a business, they are here to make money. Deal with it.[/quote']

Well Randy and Chuck are both big draws and they haven't been given a title shot? So what does your theory say?

Randy and Chuck > Sonnen in terms of starpower and bringing in PPV numbers.

Archived