Nate Diaz:The Truth

SpiderProdigy

Now some of you may remember my last thread about BJ Penn, where i explained my opinion about him, this is going to be a serious called "The Truth" written by yours truly where i give my opinion on certain fighters and there skill sets, also go over some of there fights. In like of his up coming fight with Marcus Davis, i thought you people should know The Truth

Nate Diaz, most of you know him as ********* i hope Marcus Davis KTFO's, well sadly i do not see that being the case. I know he is a very hated fighter and because he is i feel he is extremely underrated. Listen people yeah hes a punk hes probably pretty dumb, but this isn't a spelling bee this is MMA.

First off let me start by saying this guy has some serious cardio, good hands, great submissions, and a good chin to boot. People like to call him pillowfisted but how do you like when people smack you in the face 5 or 6 times every 10 seconds. His boxing is overwhelming and people fold to it, if he had some power behind his punches they could do some serious damage.

Now i want to talk about his losses there are 5 of them, but lets only count 4 because his first loss was to Koji Oishi in his second MMA fight. Other than that hes lost to Hermes Franca, Clay Guida, Joe Stevenson, and Gray Maynard. Now correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure Diaz fought Franca at a very young age, and was actually dominating on the feet, only to get submitted later on. His fight with Clay Guida was also a split decision where once again from what i've seen he dominated on the feet and probably lost on takedowns. With Joe Stevenson it was a grappling clinic, both hunting for submissions and control, Stevenson was on top for most so he walked away with the decision. His fight with Maynard a split decision loss took place on the feet, where it was very close, im pretty Maynard and Diaz both had knock downs at some point in the fight.

I would like to add i only saw Nate Diaz highlights of the Franca and Guida fight.

Now the guy also has wins over Manny Gamburyan, Kurt Pellegrino, Melvin Guillard, and most recently Rory Markham. Manny being the number one feathweight contender, Pellegrino being a guy to always keep your eye on coming off a loss to the highly regarded G-Sot, Guillard being one of the most explosive lightweights and climbing up the ranks, and Markham being an eh fighter at welterweight.

Kurt Pellegrino and Melvin Guillard suffered the same fate as they were both submitted in the second round. Pellegrino was controlling the fight winning on points until Nate wrapped him up, and Guillard was getting some good shots and takedowns on Diaz, he even knocked him down, until ultimately going for a takedown and meeting a nasty guillotine.

Rory Markham was Diaz's welterweight debut and although he isn't really stiff competition Diaz ran through him. Markham came in at like 177 or something like that, and was knocked down by Diaz early, back mounted than pounded out from that position. Diaz really looked great at welterweight and i think its a much better weight class for him, he had to cut a lot to make lightweight.

All that being said i expect Nate Diaz to run through Marcus Davis, although Davis is great i the feet, i think Nate's reach and cardio will have him slapping Davis around all night. I think at some point the fight will hit the ground and Diaz will either sub him, or get to a position and pound for a stoppage.

There you have it folks The Truth about Nate Diaz, tune in next time for my opinions on light heavyweight contender Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson.

Now some of you may remember my last thread about BJ Penn' date=' where i explained my opinion about him, this is going to be a serious called "The Truth" written by yours truly where i give my opinion on certain fighters and there skill sets, also go over some of there fights. In like of his up coming fight with Marcus Davis, i thought you people should know [b']The Truth[/b]

Nate Diaz, most of you know him as ********* i hope Marcus Davis KTFO's, well sadly i do not see that being the case. I know he is a very hated fighter and because he is i feel he is extremely underrated. Listen people yeah hes a punk hes probably pretty dumb, but this isn't a spelling bee this is MMA.

First off let me start by saying this guy has some serious cardio, good hands, great submissions, and a good chin to boot. People like to call him pillowfisted but how do you like when people smack you in the face 5 or 6 times every 10 seconds. His boxing is overwhelming and people fold to it, if he had some power behind his punches they could do some serious damage.

Now i want to talk about his losses there are 5 of them, but lets only count 4 because his first loss was to Koji Oishi in his second MMA fight. Other than that hes lost to Hermes Franca, Clay Guida, Joe Stevenson, and Gray Maynard. Now correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure Diaz fought Franca at a very young age, and was actually dominating on the feet, only to get submitted later on. His fight with Clay Guida was also a split decision where once again from what i've seen he dominated on the feet and probably lost on takedowns. With Joe Stevenson it was a grappling clinic, both hunting for submissions and control, Stevenson was on top for most so he walked away with the decision. His fight with Maynard a split decision loss took place on the feet, where it was very close, im pretty Maynard and Diaz both had knock downs at some point in the fight.

I would like to add i only saw Nate Diaz highlights of the Franca and Guida fight.

Now the guy also has wins over Manny Gamburyan, Kurt Pellegrino, Melvin Guillard, and most recently Rory Markham. Manny being the number one feathweight contender, Pellegrino being a guy to always keep your eye on coming off a loss to the highly regarded G-Sot, Guillard being one of the most explosive lightweights and climbing up the ranks, and Markham being an eh fighter at welterweight.

Kurt Pellegrino and Melvin Guillard suffered the same fate as they were both submitted in the second round. Pellegrino was controlling the fight winning on points until Nate wrapped him up, and Guillard was getting some good shots and takedowns on Diaz, he even knocked him down, until ultimately going for a takedown and meeting a nasty guillotine.

Rory Markham was Diaz's welterweight debut and although he isn't really stiff competition Diaz ran through him. Markham came in at like 177 or something like that, and was knocked down by Diaz early, back mounted than pounded out from that position. Diaz really looked great at welterweight and i think its a much better weight class for him, he had to cut a lot to make lightweight.

All that being said i expect Nate Diaz to run through Marcus Davis, although Davis is great i the feet, i think Nate's reach and cardio will have him slapping Davis around all night. I think at some point the fight will hit the ground and Diaz will either sub him, or get to a position and pound for a stoppage.

There you have it folks The Truth about Nate Diaz, tune in next time for my opinions on light heavyweight contender Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson.

I agree i think Davis is a better version of Markham, Nate will get the W for sure.

Now the guy also has wins over Manny Gamburyan

I'm a big fan of the Diaz brothers, especially Nick, but come on, you can't really put the win over Manny as a big deal, Manny won the first round, then his shoulder went. I'd have liked to have seen a rematch between these two guys.

I'm a big fan of the Diaz brothers' date=' especially Nick, but come on, you can't really put the win over Manny as a big deal, Manny won the first round, then his shoulder went. I'd have liked to have seen a rematch between these two guys.[/quote']

a W's a W my friend. I'd like a re-match too but Manny is more suited for feathweight and Nate is more suited for welterweight.

Oh yeah he's gonna kill Davis. Wanna hear something weird?

Nick Diaz is one of my favorite fighters (see sig) but I can't stand Nate.

Nate basically a worse version of Nick. Not even close to being as funny either. :P

Nick and Nate have like the exact same style basically haha, Nick being the better of course, and i don't find much difference for there attitude either.

a W's a W my friend. I'd like a re-match too but Manny is more suited for feathweight and Nate is more suited for welterweight.

Not at all. How you get the win is what counts. That's the truth.

By your own logic, a loss is a loss. So any of his losses are just a loss my friend.

Not at all. How you get the win is what counts. That's the truth.

By your own logic' date=' a loss is a loss. So any of his losses are just a loss my friend.[/quote']

A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. I do not believe Manny would win a rematch, and i also do not believe the fighters hes lost too are better than him. Its my opinion that the guys a great fighter, that doesn't mean his losses no longer count, same for his wins.

Nice post man' date=' I've been a big Nate Diaz fan ever since his fight with Guida... I think this will be a really exciting fight with him and Davis, both like to strike, should be good..[/quote']

thank you, i do my best

He speaks the truth listen people' date=' i think he is a good fighter glad he is in the UFC[/quote']

great fighter

You should do "BROCK LESNAR' date=' The Truth" and how he doesn't deserve that belt.[/quote']

everybody gets their turn ;)

Now some of you may remember my last thread about BJ Penn' date=' where i explained my opinion about him, this is going to be a serious called "The Truth" written by yours truly where i give my opinion on certain fighters and there skill sets, also go over some of there fights. In like of his up coming fight with Marcus Davis, i thought you people should know [b']The Truth[/b]

i would love for nothing more then his first KO loss to come at the hands of the Irish Hand Grenade but unfortunately i don't think that will be the case, Diaz is very underrated at 170 and i think he'll make a run at GSP

i would love for nothing more then his first KO loss to come at the hands of the Irish Hand Grenade but unfortunately i don't think that will be the case' date=' Diaz is very underrated at 170 and i think he'll make a run at GSP[/quote']

hes still very young too, i think hes gunna be a real force in the future.

"Nate Diaz' date=' most of you know him as ********* i hope Marcus Davis KTFO's,"

This was the best part, I hope to see Diaz taken out of the cage like Lashley was, on a stretcher. It should be a hilarious stare down at the weigh ins.[/quote']

You obviously didn't watch the Strikeforce event this week. Lashley walked out of the cage back to the locker room. Never saw said stretcher...

Archived