What are the most stacked UFC fight cards of all time?

Dan_Eight

UFC 73 Stacked

(A.Silva v Marquadt, Ortiz v Evans, Florian v Robinson, Sherk v Franca, R.Nog v Herring, Bonnar v Nickels, Lytle v Gilliam, Edgar v Bocek)

Event lived up to its name with nearly all fights featuring a top name

UFC 84 ill will

(BJ v Sherk, W.Silva v Jardine, Machida v Ortiz, T.Silva v Mendes, Clementi v Etim, and also featured Sokudjou, dong hyun kim, ivan salaverry and shane carwin to name a few)

These are a few of my favourites, however i think my favourite line-up so far has to be:

UFC 46 Super Natural

(Curran v Serra, Thomson v Franca, St.Pierre v Parisyan, Lee Murray v Rivera, Wes Sims v Frank Mir, BJ Penn v Matt Hughes, Verissimo v Carlos Newton and Vitor Belfort v Randy Couture for LHW belt)

You really cant beat a card like that, just a shame Belfort v Couture 1 ended the way it did.

What in your opinion are the most stacked cards to date?

Ufc 100 .

Agreed but the prelim card wasnt that great. I find the older UFC events are best for this coz the prelim card can be stacked with all the stars of today when they were on their way up. Also I feel like the UFC used to be more concerned with putting on great events rather than just PPV grabbing main events, but thats business i guess

but UFC 83 had a good card too(Serra,St-Pierre,Nate Quarry(the funny fight with Kalib starnes),Franklin,Lutter,Bisping,Mac Danzig,Belcher,Velasquez) and i can say that the worst was definitely UFC 80:Penn vs Stevenson because except for them there cost for mentioning only Werdum and gonzaga and Grove

but UFC 83 had a good card too(Serra' date='St-Pierre,Nate Quarry(the funny fight with Kalib starnes),Franklin,Lutter,Bisping,Mac Danzig,Belcher,Velasquez) and i can say that the worst was definitely UFC 80:Penn vs Stevenson because except for them there cost for mentioning only Werdum and gonzaga and Grove[/quote']

Great call on 83, I dont have this one will be buying it next, thanks

I agree with 80, its a UK card and alot of fighters wont go overseas these days coz they lose PPV revenue...however Kelly v Taylor is one of my favourite fights of all time

I wouldn't say stacked' date=' but UFC 72 is underrated.[/quote']

Stacked doesnt necessarily feature the greatest fights, but does feature alot of top names, hence it is one of the most stacked cards

What's the worst one that Dana's mentioned? It was UFC 30-something (?)

UFC 33. Three fights on a card, hmm the UFC learned their lesson in 2001, Strikefarce just learned that lesson a few months ago.

During the post fight press conference for UFC 111, in response to questions about a perceived boring fight between Georges St. Pierre and Dan Hardy UFC president Dana White commented that "UFC 33 is the only one I can remember where every fight sucked."

Hey' date=' can you send me a link to your reqeusts page? I cant find it.[/quote']

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=51007&highlight=Doctor_Obviously

UFC 33. Three fights on a card' date=' hmm the UFC learned their lesson in 2001, Strikefarce just learned that lesson a few months ago.

During the post fight press conference for UFC 111, in response to questions about a perceived boring fight between Georges St. Pierre and Dan Hardy UFC president Dana White commented that "UFC 33 is the only one I can remember where every fight sucked."[/quote']

Thanks for clarifying.:)

UFC 92 - incredible names and incredible fights' date=' rarely do the two go together so well

UFC 100 - nuff said

UFC 117 - great card top to bottom and it was a blast to be there live

UFC 84 - someone already mentioned this, great card all around

UFC 73 - name says it all[/quote']

Yeah 117 was one of the best this year, just disappointed Alves barely turned up

92 is great, but again i feel unde card wasnt great

Archived