Jon Jones Fighting Someone in the Top 8

the_bear413

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Scroll down and click Dana White - UFC President

At around the 3:55 mark Dana announces that Jon Jones will fight someone in the top 8 sometime early next year. So let us speculate to pass the time.

Winner of Nogueira vs Bader? They're fighting at 119.

Loser/Winner of Machida vs Rampage? They're fighting in November.

Then there's Forrest. Although speculated, nothing has been confirmed, but it would make for a good fight.

I don't think he would fight Evans unless it were for the title, as they both train at Jackson's, but you never know.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin are about the only people he can fight soon because for him to wait for lil nog vs bader would take to long same thing with rampage vs machida he would have to wait for a long time so it wont be them unfortunaltly, like i said it will be either Rich Franklin or forrest Griffin who ever recovers from there injury first will fight him?

Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin are about the only people he can fight soon because for him to wait for lil nog vs bader would take to long same thing with rampage vs machida he would have to wait for a long time so it wont be them unfortunaltly' date=' like i said it will be either Rich Franklin or forrest Griffin who ever recovers from there injury first will fight him?[/quote']

Dana said he won't be fighting until next year.

originally it was

UFC 123 Jones vs. Forrest

i was thinking it could be Franklin vs. Jones as Rich was set to return in december but now i'm think it will probably be Rich vs. Forrest at UFC 124

so it looks like this

UFC 124 Franklin vs. Griffin

UFC 125/126 Jones vs. Thiago Silva Lil Nog/Bader winner or Couture

originally it was

UFC 123 Jones vs. Forrest

i was thinking it could be Franklin vs. Jones as Rich was set to return in december but now i'm think it will probably be Rich vs. Forrest at UFC 124

so it looks like this

UFC 124 Franklin vs. Griffin

UFC 125/126 Jones vs. Thiago Silva Lil Nog/Bader winner or Couture

oh ya i didnt know that Griffin vs Franklin would be a great fight!

I dont think Rich Franklin would be able to hang

Are you kidding me Rich Franklin is a really good fighter extremely underrated he could be champion of LHW' date=' i think he could be beat almost every1 in the LHW divison

Dana said he won't be fighting until next year.

Bone wont fight until then?

Are you kidding me Rich Franklin is a really good fighter extremely underrated he could be champion of LHW' date=' i think he could be beat almost every1 in the LHW divison

Bone wont fight until then?[/quote']

it's not a guarantee Forrest and Franklin i think a lot depends on what happens with Couture this Saturday, although it's not a 205 contest if he gets through w/pout injury it opens a lot of doors for LHW

[b']Bone wont fight until then?[/b]

Yeah. Dana said that the LHW division is all set up until the end of the year, and they'll wait until the dust clears until deciding who he's fighting next.

i've wanted rich to fight forrest for a long time i've been asking for that fight since '08

i want that fight too. it makes a lot of sense. griffin coming off the win over ortiz, franklin coming off the win against liddell. both trying to make it back up ladder. etc.

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Scroll down and click Dana White - UFC President

At around the 3:55 mark Dana announces that Jon Jones will fight someone in the top 8 sometime early next year. So let us speculate to pass the time.

Winner of Nogueira vs Bader? They're fighting at 119.

Loser/Winner of Machida vs Rampage? They're fighting in November.

Then there's Forrest. Although speculated' date=' nothing has been confirmed, but it would make for a good fight.

I don't think he would fight Evans unless it were for the title, as they both train at Jackson's, but you never know.

Anyone have any other ideas?[/quote']

I want him to fight loser of Rampage/Machida.

To his credit, Forrest has said in the past that he "will fight anybody"...and I believe him. However the fact that he will fight anybody does not mean that he fears nobody

He said in an interview that he hopes he doesn't fight Bones and that Bones would do to him pretty much what Anderson Silva did to him (AKA hurt him badly).. just youtube it you should be able to find this interview if you haven't already seen it..

Sorry, I like Forrest he's a good guy but he's never going to be the champion again he's just not explosive or mean enough for that division

Archived