What's with the new site?

ShawnOHair

Ever since they started changing the site around, i get frustrated every time I try to find something. The new Fantasy page seems to be the worse, I cant get anything to work on it, and the scores are way off. My latest problem is that I tried finding a sports bar in my area that is playing UFC 118, and it keeps giving me bars that played 117. I dont give a damn about UFC 117, it happened weeks ago. Why dont they update this crap so it actually works? Anyway, if anyone knows of a good site to find sports bars playing 118, please give me link.

I've got to agree... can't see my leagues current votes... seems no way to confirm the event selection so just shows the last results. The scores are rediculous too... what hope is there of getting in the top 20 when everyone in it seems to have unattainable scores. Very frustrating! Wish they'd sort it. Even before the change it wasn't perfect (I recall a few predictions I missed out on points on due to them counting the wins being in the 5th round of a 3 round fight)... but now it's even worse. I was under the impression the max points available per fight is 43 points total per fight... yet people in top 20 have 600+ on a card with 11 fights : / Have tried contacting the site but never get a response. Pretty bad website management :(

The site itself isn't necessarily the problem- it just takes a white to get used to new navigation.

As for Fantasy, the home page says leagues are not in play, so there is no need to check them. It is under construction and just not available. Some people complain "well then I can't keep track"... so what? The site is for free prizes, that's it, and it keeps track of itself. Scoring issues have always been dealt with manually, and the correct winners always end up getting their prizes eventually. It's free, you win free stuff, and you don't have to do anything but pick the winners.

Sports bar information is updated as the fight gets close, so the most current options will be found on the day before and the day of the fight.

I've got to agree... can't see my leagues current votes... seems no way to confirm the event selection so just shows the last results. The scores are rediculous too... what hope is there of getting in the top 20 when everyone in it seems to have unattainable scores. Very frustrating! Wish they'd sort it. Even before the change it wasn't perfect (I recall a few predictions I missed out on points on due to them counting the wins being in the 5th round of a 3 round fight)... but now it's even worse. I was under the impression the max points available per fight is 43 points total per fight... yet people in top 20 have 600+ on a card with 11 fights : / Have tried contacting the site but never get a response. Pretty bad website management :(

So I found this...

Fantasy 2.0: Improved Scoring and Mobile Technologies!

Not only do we have a new design, but also a new scoring engine. The new Fantasy game bases winning points off of several new factors. For example, this game knows fighters’ records. If you pick the statistical “underdog” to win, and he does, you would get more points than someone who just went with the fighter who “looks good on paper”. The new system is based on a concept called “probably outcomes”, so the more unlikely the win (including rounds and method), the more points you would get. The more you know about the fighters, the better you will do!

Next time I'll make stupid predictions, like Toney winning by Kimura and Maynard or Fitch by anything but a decision... What a cruddy way of scoring : /

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived