UFC v Strikeforce

Dan_Eight

I live in Spain and dont get to see any Strikeforce events...ive seen many of their top fighters over the years (Cung Le, Fedor and all of the ex-UFC fighters), but aside from their top names how does it shape up in comparison to UFC? Is there alot of talent or is it just a sub-level organisation full of UFC rejects as ive heard many indicate?

Yeah I guess' date=' but seeings alot of guys on here seem to be crying out for alot of the SF fighters to join the UFC I was wondering if i was missing out[/quote']

UFC has 90% of the best fighters in the big Promo.

People wanting SF guys in the UFC, want the UFC to monopolize MMA.

I live in Spain and dont get to see any Strikeforce events...ive seen many of their top fighters over the years (Cung Le' date=' Fedor and all of the ex-UFC fighters), but aside from their top names how does it shape up in comparison to UFC? Is there alot of talent or is it just a sub-level organisation full of UFC rejects as ive heard many indicate?[/quote']

Strikeforce has some very talented and exciting fighters that could definitely compete in the UFC, unfortunately they are few and far between.

Yeah I guess' date=' but seeings alot of guys on here seem to be crying out for alot of the SF fighters to join the UFC I was wondering if i was missing out[/quote']

from what i have gathered, all the UFC fans wanna take the top Strikeforce fighters until they lose a fight or something like that. I see a lot of people on this forum saying how terrible SF is and how it will never be UFC, and although it wont be as big as the UFC and doesnt have as many big names as UFC it still has good fights and fighters, I personally like to watch all MMA and enjoy Strikeforce events as well. Also if you miss or cant watch SF events i usually dont have a problem finding the fights online the next day. UFC takes theirs down rather quickly

SF is the Minors for sure. But there still is talent that could end up in the UFC. The UFC will definitely keep taking the big names. I guarantee that at least Feijao, King Mo, or Mousasi will have a couple fights in the UFC at some point (King Mo's contract has only one more fight left). Shields vs. Kampmann will be the first SF champ in the UFC...

And I'll watch every card Hendo's on.

It's not that ufc has better fighters than strikeforce ,but that ufc is so good at marketing their fighters,fight card etc. If the ufc didn't have Dana white as their president the ufc wouldn't be were it is today. If strikeforce can get a better representative they might be able to compete with ufc, but as of now the ufc is considered the best org. You should also watch bellator they put on great fights.

from what i have gathered' date=' all the UFC fans wanna take the top Strikeforce fighters until they lose a fight or something like that. I see a lot of people on this forum saying how terrible SF is and how it will never be UFC, and although it wont be as big as the UFC and doesnt have as many big names as UFC it still has good fights and fighters, I personally like to watch all MMA and enjoy Strikeforce events as well. Also if you miss or cant watch SF events i usually dont have a problem finding the fights online the next day. UFC takes theirs down rather quickly[/quote']

Thanks. I agree a good fight is a good fight...doesnt matter what pretty colours decorate the screen. I dont really like watching second hand fights online....nothing like live action. I stayed up til 7am to watch Sonnen V Silva and will again this weekend

Thanks. I agree a good fight is a good fight...doesnt matter what pretty colours decorate the screen. I dont really like watching second hand fights online....nothing like live action. I stayed up til 7am to watch Sonnen V Silva and will again this weekend

i agree about watching second hand online but i like to discuss fights a lot so if i am busy and miss them i do what i can to watch them(i also try not to look at results or comments before watching if i miss them)

UFC has 90% of the best fighters in the big Promo.

People wanting SF guys in the UFC' date=' want the UFC to monopolize MMA.[/quote']

I don't think this is the case. I think we all want to see the best fighters fighting each other. No one likes to see Fedor and Overeem fighting the Brett Rogers of this world.

To answer to my hermano's question (yo soy de Portugal), Strikeforce is definetly growing and there are some good fighters there. Fedor, Mousasi, King Mo, got their arses beaten IN Strikeforce, that has got to mean something.

And Paul Daley is joining! I kinda love that kid, except for the sucker punch.

Holy ****. That's pretty tight. I definitely would not make it to 7am tho. I'd be too drunk.

I don't think this is the case. I think we all want to see the best fighters fighting each other. No one likes to see Fedor and Overeem fighting the Brett Rogers of this world.

To answer to my hermano's question (yo soy de Portugal)' date=' Strikeforce is definetly growing and there are some good fighters there. Fedor, Mousasi, King Mo, got their arses beaten IN Strikeforce, that has got to mean something.

And Paul Daley is joining! I kinda love that kid, except for the sucker punch.[/quote']

Werdum beat people in the UFC, what does that mean?

Archived