Kenny Florian speaks spanish o.o

Remice

Not trying to sound disrespectful like "he's not smart enough to do so," I just didn't quite see that coming in the press conference. Quite cool if you ask me.

Anyway, that brings me to my question, what other fighters can speak more than 1 language fluently? Not Anderson's rehearsed same old, same old.

Kenny Florian is a very intelligent fighter. One of the most intelligent fighters in MMA. He's a very good analyst and that's why he does a lot of work for MMA Live and often covers for Joe Rogan if he can't be at an event.

I'm not surprised that someone of his intelligence is able to speak more than one language. Not at all.

As for your second question, I'm not sure. Obviously a lot of the Brazilian guys speak English in some interviews. I wish James Toney would bother to learn English.

learning a different language sounds like a lot of work to me. Think i might have a coffee and a biscuit and learn another language in the next life......

It's very easy for some, and very difficult for others. It often has no real correlation with the person's intelligence either. You get some real retards who can pick up a language in a matter of weeks, while you can also get some very clever people who live in a country for years and still don't have a full grasp of the language.

It's very easy for some' date=' and very difficult for others. It often has no real correlation with the person's intelligence either. You get some real retards who can pick up a language in a matter of weeks, while you can also get some very clever people who live in a country for years and still don't have a full grasp of the language.[/quote']

You're right, where i live its maybe 60% Spanish language and 40% English.

And a lot of both dont know the other language

Not trying to sound disrespectful like "he's not smart enough to do so' date='" I just didn't quite see that coming in the press conference. Quite cool if you ask me.

Anyway, that brings me to my question, what other fighters can speak more than 1 language fluently? Not Anderson's rehearsed same old, same old.[/quote']

Cain velasquez..

GSP can speak French and English. We don't see/hear him speak French often, but he does. I believe during his fight with Karo Parysian (probably misspelled), his corner was speaking French.

Karo and Manny can also speak both Armenian and English.

Tim Credeur can speak French and English.

I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Also, was Florian speaking Spanish or Peruvian? Or is Spanish the language of Peru?

It's very easy for some' date=' and very difficult for others. It often has no real correlation with the person's intelligence either.[/b'] You get some real retards who can pick up a language in a matter of weeks, while you can also get some very clever people who live in a country for years and still don't have a full grasp of the language.

+1

I had a 4.0 before taking spanish as a sophmore. lol

I thought it was really cool when Kenny broke out in another language, shows a true appreciation to fans around the world. I speak english and when I see a fighter who speaks another language that took time to learn english that really helps in winning me over as a fan.

I thought it was really cool when Kenny broke out in another language' date=' shows a true appreciation to fans around the world. I speak english and when I see a fighter who speaks another language that took time to learn english that really helps in winning me over as a fan.[/quote']

I was really surprised to see JDS doing so many interviews in English for the Nelson fight. He's obviously been working very hard on it and its paying off.

I was really surprised to see JDS doing so many interviews in English for the Nelson fight. He's obviously been working very hard on it and its paying off.

See that's what I am talking about right there, JDS is one of my favourite fighters right now and I love it when I see a fighter making an effort to communicate better with his fans who speak another language.

Archived