Velasquez v Dos Santos

Dan_Eight

One way or another these 2 are gonna meet...Personally id like to see it as a HW championship main event, should Cain beat Lesnar when they meet. That way they would also both be undefeated in the UFC.

Imagine 5 rounds between these 2, both undefeated for the HW belt. Doesnt get much better than that.

If it were to go down Im having trouble calling it. Who do you think would take it and why?

(Lesnar fanboys please refrain from turning this thread into why Velasquez wont beat Brock...for the purpose of this debate lets just say hypothetically that Cain takes Brock)

JDS would gas early from cains relentless pace and wrestling takedowns...cain by tko round 3

They do say Cains stamina is a bottomless pit, but it is different when youre getting constantly hit by heavy hands like JDS has and seeings neither man has had a 5 round bout before, it would be interesting to see how they fare in the championship rounds. Could all come down to the cardio

Velasquez by decision

Thinking about it everyones right, Velasquez does have the edge. JDS' boxing looked pretty tight against Nelson, he was pretty much punching a bag for 15 minutes, I think his only hope would be to come out hard and try to win it on the feet in the early rounds, but you never know.

This would be one of the only fights I can think of where I wouldnt mind who won, just be rooting for MMA in this one

Thinking about it everyones right' date=' Velasquez does have the edge. JDS' boxing looked pretty tight against Nelson, he was pretty much punching a bag for 15 minutes, I think his only hope would be to come out hard and try to win it on the feet in the early rounds, but you never know.

This would be one of the only fights I can think of where I wouldnt mind who won, just be rooting for MMA in this one[/quote']

I really only see JDS winning if Velasquez is bold enough to stand with him. But realistically Velasquez will win using his wrestling to drag out a decision.

I really only see JDS winning if Velasquez is bold enough to stand with him. But realistically Velasquez will win using his wrestling to drag out a decision.

In which case we'll get to see if his ground games any good. Being Brazilian though he was probably doing Kimuras on the umbilical cord when he was still in his mothers womb

i dont think velasquez has what it takes to beat brock but i think he wud beat jds by 3rd round tko although junior does have great takedown defense if he cud stop some of cains takedowns i think he cud knock cain velasquez out in the stand up ...

Good point, Cigano (the gypsy)'s TDD is pretty sharp, which a few people may have overlooked...but against the likes of Velasquez and Lesnar its pretty difficult to maintain TDD against those kind of aggressive juggernauts, especially as fatigue sets in. I do however think JDS has some of the best boxing in the division so keeping it on it the feet would be vital for him to get the W

One way or another these 2 are gonna meet...Personally id like to see it as a HW championship main event' date=' should Cain beat Lesnar when they meet. That way they would also both be undefeated in the UFC.

Imagine 5 rounds between these 2, both undefeated for the HW belt. Doesnt get much better than that.

If it were to go down Im having trouble calling it. Who do you think would take it and why?

(Lesnar fanboys please refrain from turning this thread into why Velasquez wont beat Brock...for the purpose of this debate lets just say hypothetically that Cain takes Brock)[/quote']

Junior would win this fight for 1./ reason= Cheick Kongo rocked Cain three times in a ight Cain dominated and JDS hits a hell of a lot harder than Kongo and he has better ground work that the French man

Good point' date=' Cigano (the gypsy)'s TDD is pretty sharp, which a few people may have overlooked...but against the likes of Velasquez and Lesnar its pretty difficult to maintain TDD against those kind of aggressive juggernauts, especially as fatigue sets in. I do however think JDS has some of the best boxing in the division so keeping it on it the feet would be vital for him to get the W[/quote']

At 51 posts I am afraid you cannot be head of anything !!!! work your way through the ranks young palawan learner.

Good point' date=' Cigano (the gypsy)'s TDD is pretty sharp, which a few people may have overlooked...but against the likes of Velasquez and Lesnar its pretty difficult to maintain TDD against those kind of aggressive juggernauts, especially as fatigue sets in. I do however think JDS has some of the best boxing in the division so keeping it on it the feet would be vital for him to get the W[/quote']

aye true dat but i think even if he can defend 1 or 2 takedowns in the first he cud stun velasquez in the stand up yano what im sayin? and then velasquez mite take him down and then 2nd round if he can defend another 1 or 2 i think he can knock velasquez out cos yu saw he nearly got kncoked out twice by cheick kongo in his decision win

Junior would win this fight for 1./ reason= Cheick Kongo rocked Cain three times in a ight Cain dominated and JDS hits a hell of a lot harder than Kongo and he has better ground work that the French man

^This.

Cain has shown that he has a suspect chin. JDS has shown he has high level boxing with KO power. Cain has been in trouble, JDS has not.

Lesnar is going to run through Cain though, so this thread is mute.

^This.

Cain has shown that he has a suspect chin. JDS has shown he has high level boxing with KO power. Cain has been in trouble' date=' JDS has not.

Lesnar is going to run through Cain though, so this thread is mute.[/quote']

Not really,coz if Lesnar goes through both in his next 2 fights then theyll meet at a later date for number 1 contender status. this fight will have to happen, as i said in the OP one way or another

Archived