Official - Sonnen get Silva rematch

darkthrone99

After the speculation, Dana has confirmed that sonnen will get an instant rematch against silva but no date has been set - here's the source - http://mmajunkie.com/news/20406/dana-white-chael-sonnen-rematch-up-next-for-ufc-champ-anderson-silva.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Feed%29

I think it's completely pointless as the result will be exactly the same

Sonnens a joke he beat on an injured Silva determined to Sub him cause of his comments on his black belt. With a healthy Silva in the octagon sonnen will not make it out of the first round. And anyone who thinks Sonnen can beat SIlva has to be the biggest tool there is on this site PERIOD..

"We could do the rematch with Chael' date=' but we'll see what happens. We'll see how it goes." [/u']

Maybe I am not reading it correctly no where in the article did the UFC confirm that it was on. WHite said it could happen but we'll see what happens.

http://www.790theticket.com/lebatard.aspx

Scroll down, click Dana White - UFC President, about half way down the page on the left.

I dont like the idea of a sonnen rematch, imo machida is more derved of a rematch than sonnen. Machida got ktfo but it could quite eaisly have been a fluke on shoguns part. Up until that ponit machida was winning the fight. However the triangle that silva put on sonnen was no fluke, it wasnt a case of silva getting lucky but sonnen getting careless. He left his arm there and ended up getting chocked out which of course was exactly what silva was hoping for each round. Sure sonnen was dominating the fight and in a rematch he could quite possibly grind out a 5 win decision. Is that really what people wanna see next for dilva? me personally id rather see the planned vitor vs silva match and after that a rmeatch with sonnen.

This is fuccin retarded' date=' Might as well give Machida a rematch with Shogun, Since he was winning the fight till he got KTFO.

fucc rematchs !![/quote']

EXACTLY....if Dana does this I am gonna be pissed. You can't start catering to the idiot fans who just want to see a rematch cause the god-fearing american ****** lost a fight he was winning. This was not a double knockout, it wasnt ended due to a cut, it wasnt a split decision, there was no controversy!!! Sonnen tapped! Thats it, he lost...who's next?

Archived