Ask Kang Questions Thread

Little_Kang

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*disclaimer' date=' this is a serious thread. I feel like discussing stuff with people. If you want to throw stupid comments out go post elsewhere*

No subject is taboo here. I will answer them to the best of my ability[/quote']

Great idea:p

How much of a chance do you see Toney having in his battle to prove he can do the MMA thing?

Great idea:p

How much of a chance do you see Toney having in his battle to prove he can do the MMA thing?

Here's the thing that worries me, because I'm a couture fan. Couture is a Greco-Roman Wrestler so naturally he's better in the clinch then taking shots. To get in the clinch Randy has to get past Toney's punches. Unlike Vera, Toney will throw. If Toney keeps his posture low and times Randy's head movement that he always does I think Toney can put Randy to sleep.

Right now I'd say roughly 65/35 for Randy

Here's the thing that worries me' date=' because I'm a couture fan. Couture is a Greco-Roman Wrestler so naturally he's better in the clinch then taking shots. To get in the clinch Randy has to get past Toney's punches. Unlike Vera, Toney will throw. If Toney keeps his posture low and times Randy's head movement that he always does I think Toney can put Randy to sleep.

Right now I'd say roughly 65/35 for Randy[/quote']

I would think Rand is wroking hard on timing his shot. He is probably in front of a hard striker that is throwing punches at him and he is changing levels and taking them to their back;)

Surely Rand would not be crazy enough to engage him?:eek:

I say 80/20 Randy

Who do rank higher bader or jones and who do you see going the furthest in there career

right now Bader, espically if he beats lil nog.

Over their career's probably Bones. Bones is younger, almost the same experience as Bader and has that time to improve before he even hits his "prime". Bader is hovering around his "prime" right now so

If Fedor/Reem pans out' date=' what's your take? How do you think that would go down?[/quote']

Depends whether Fedor finally learned his lesson of now being so reckless falling into other peoples strength. That's why he lost to Werdum. Werdum probably trained entirely off his back expecting it to go there. Fedor to me doesn't come in with the solid game plan because his power and skills save him. I think if Fedor does practice getting inside and using his grappling Ubereem will pick him apart standing. Fedor can hit as hard as anyone but Ubereem is that much more technical.

Too bad all rumors are pointing towards Fedor vs Big Foot next

Kang what in your eyes is the key to Stikeforce's survival?

keys! plural

First, avoid M-1. Dealing with those crooks will be a waste of time and money.

Second, they need more exposure even on a local scale. More PR work needs to be done so people hear more about them and thus want to see them.

Third, better commentators.

Finally, And the most important IMO, stop with these sideshow freak fighters. I'm sorry but guys like Herschel Walker, Draculino (love his bjj but he's 39 and debuting in mma?!) and Bobby Lashley/Batista. These guys probably cost WAY too much only for there name value when you could spend money on searching for younger and more talented guys to build up. It's like any other sport that involves teams, NFL for example, your not going to load a team up with a bunch of big names that will retire within a couple years. Sure for the short term it'll definitely boost credibility but long term your just holding onto dead weight. What you want to is bring in young talent and build them up over years. UFC did this. GSP started fighting in the UFC around 04 and today he's a superstar. Tito, Chuck, Randy have been with the UFC before that even and now they are their biggest draws. They need to find these diamonds in the rough and wait for them to shine. Jacare, Fejiao, Melendez are all champs and all are VERY talented. They should nuture them and not Lashley or Walker. I bet if they shined the lights on those 3, even though they might not be flashly behind a mic, they are great representatives for the sport.

Hey dude' date=' when do you see Brock will lose his belt? 2011,2012 and so on.

Then what year do you predict he'll be inducted into the HOF?[/quote']

Brock is only 33. He has at least 5 years to build his name into HOF status so it's very possible.

With the current competition in the UFC, Most likely Brock will lose by a lucky puncher. But if you take away that X factor, then he could hold it as long as he wants. Brocks biggest weakness will be a guy that is seriously legit off his back, which isn't Frank Mir..... Like if Werdum faced Brock, I'd be worried for Brock. Werdum is the best of the best on the ground and he knows how to deal with bigger guys. And at the moment, Brock's stand up is powerful but very basic and very telegraphic. Thing is no one will out wrestle Brock and no one in the UFC has the skills off there back to handle Brock on top of them

keys! plural

First' date=' avoid M-1. Dealing with those crooks will be a waste of time and money.

Second, they need more exposure even on a local scale. More PR work needs to be done so people hear more about them and thus want to see them.

Third, better commentators.

Finally, And the most important IMO, stop with these sideshow freak fighters. I'm sorry but guys like Herschel Walker, Draculino (love his bjj but he's 39 and debuting in mma?!) and Bobby Lashley/Batista. These guys probably cost WAY too much only for there name value when you could spend money on searching for younger and more talented guys to build up. It's like any other sport that involves teams, NFL for example, your not going to load a team up with a bunch of big names that will retire within a couple years. Sure for the short term it'll definitely boost credibility but long term your just holding onto dead weight. What you want to is bring in young talent and build them up over years. UFC did this. GSP started fighting in the UFC around 04 and today he's a superstar. Tito, Chuck, Randy have been with the UFC before that even and now they are their biggest draws. They need to find these diamonds in the rough and wait for them to shine. Jacare, Fejiao, Melendez are all champs and all are VERY talented. They should nuture them and not Lashley or Walker. I bet if they shined the lights on those 3, even though they might not be flashly behind a mic, they are great representatives for the sport.[/quote']

interesting. what about their current Showtime deal? happy with it? Is it helpful of hurtful?

interesting. what about their current Showtime deal? happy with it? Is it helpful of hurtful?

Well any exposure is good exposure I guess. I think Showtime needs to build up Strikeforce. Like how Spiketv played pretty much non-stop ufc for how long. Even if it's a ton of repeats Showtime should try to get more and more of Strikeforce's name out there

Well any exposure is good exposure I guess. I think Showtime needs to build up Strikeforce. Like how Spiketv played pretty much non-stop ufc for how long. Even if it's a ton of repeats Showtime should try to get more and more of Strikeforce's name out there

Do you think the number of households that get Showtime in the US is enough? Would it be better to look to another network? Are you happy with who they chose as a Canadian provider? (Superchannel) Do you think the deal with CBS is dead?

Who is the p4p king? (now)

Anderson or GSP?

I'm kinda tired of p4p debate. IF I had to say one' date=' I'd say GSP. Chael showed Anderson can be taken down and GSP is a stellar wrestler.

Do you think the number of households that get Showtime in the US is enough? Would it be better to look to another network? Are you happy with who they chose as a Canadian provider? (Superchannel) Do you think the deal with CBS is dead?

No it's not but it's a start because if they went PPV's alone like EliteXC and Affliction did that they would out already. Another network would be entirely better, even just getting highlights on some sports stations. Like I was watching TSN and they had Bellator on there.... CBS is killing Strikeforce on main stream.

They need someone willing to show it not willing to screw with them

Who is the p4p king? (now)

Anderson or GSP?

Let me take a crack at this one.

GSP.

Its hard to say, because they have both been increadably dominant. I just think that A.Silva's UFC career has been full of fighters that suit him. His weakness is wrestlers, and he has only faced two in the UFC, Hendo and Sonnen. Henderson was dominating until he tried to strike with Silva. Sonnen was very unlucky, "he got caught:p".

I'm not saying Anderson has been giving easy opponents, its just his opponents have been good matchips for him imo.

GSP has dominated every style of fighting. The Wrestling of Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch. The BJJ of Penn and Serra. The Muay Thai of Alves, boxing of Penn, even Tai Kwon Do of Dan Hardy.

GSP does have the 2 losses, but has absoulutly destroyed the two people to even beat him.

If you were to design a fighter to beat GSP it would be... Top level striking with great takedown defence, and if you get him there one of the best off there back in MMA. To me that person sounds a lot like BJ Penn, and GSP dominated him.

I got one for you Kang

Should Strikeforce make there contracts exlusive so that the fighters can only fight for Strikeforce, to keep there main stars fighting in the organisation more often, and not lose there marketability by loosing to a fighter not signed with SF? Or should they let there fighters fight in DREAM and keep the fighters happy by giving them there freedom?

I got one for you Kang

Should Strikeforce make there contracts exlusive so that the fighters can only fight for Strikeforce' date=' to keep there main stars fighting in the organisation more often, and not lose there marketability by loosing to a fighter not signed with SF? Or should they let there fighters fight in DREAM and keep the fighters happy by giving them there freedom?[/quote']

lol they need to keep their contracts open, excluding M-1 though. Main Reason is their champ, Ubereem. If you forced Alistair to make a division he'd jump to Japan, he's more of a star there and will get paid better there. Strikeforce can't contend with that, the UFC could though.....

What I truely think is Strikeforce needs to build a relationship with Dream. They need to feed Dream stars to cans to make them look exciting and build them up. The worse possible move they did dealing with Dream was forcing Marius Zamoski and Shinya Aoki in title fights against Diaz and Melendez. I bet people would love to see Marius and Shinya fight guys that would work into there strengths. Give Aoki some can that has no punching power and little wrestling so Aoki can work his ground magic. Give Marius a guy with a questionable chin so Marius can head kick them

lol they need to keep their contracts open' date=' excluding M-1 though. Main Reason is their champ, Ubereem. If you forced Alistair to make a division he'd jump to Japan, he's more of a star there and will get paid better there. Strikeforce can't contend with that, the UFC could though.....

What I truely think is Strikeforce needs to build a relationship with Dream. They need to feed Dream stars to cans to make them look exciting and build them up. The worse possible move they did dealing with Dream was forcing Marius Zamoski and Shinya Aoki in title fights against Diaz and Melendez. I bet people would love to see Marius and Shinya fight guys that would work into there strengths. Give Aoki some can that has no punching power and little wrestling so Aoki can work his ground magic. Give Marius a guy with a questionable chin so Marius can head kick them[/quote']

Thats interesting. I never thought about the possibilty of the fighters choosign Japan over SF.

polar bear

Correct!

so the polar bear has almost 6 inches of blubber armor hidden within its thick hide and 3 inches of course fur' date=' not to mention the fact that he is a bear, natures muderous thug.

The problem i have with your apparant stance (i say apparant because you seem to be alluding to it and i refuse to search the thread for where you directly state it) is that you believe a glorified geco can somehow defeat gods meat grinder.

If the crocodile gets the first strike on the bear then the bear will most likely lift its leg, observe that there is some disgusting slime covered sea something attached to it, and assume he stepped in some kelp. The bear will then remove the croc from his leg, and proceed to kill a dozen 2 ton walri and use the croc as a garnish. Like parsley on the side of a fancy dish the croc wont even have the honor of being eaten. He will simply be chewed on occasionally for flavour, then rolled back into the ocean and left to rot.

The bear has no respect for the croc because the croc is a retarded salamander and the bear is a ferocious murder devil.

The croc would have a better chance of winning a fight against a mountain, or against a rubiks cube, or against 1/2 pound of thermite.

Why do you think crocodiles dont live in any region of the world where griz or polar bears live? They used to. Infact, crocs used to be the domminant land predator of north america. Then the bear came along and said "hey, retardedly large log looking snake thing, i am going to eat your babys, what! Bring it!"

the croc had to finally escape to the safety of the seas, but then the polar bear showed up with sea faring prowess and was all like "whats up now stupid lizard! Time to kill you because i am a murderous tyrant and i do what i want to whoever i want." so the poor, croc had to retreat to the safety of the equator.

The evolution of the croc has been devoted in its entirety to avoiding bears.

Why?

Because a croc is just a giant stupid sea cow.

And a bear is a freight train with chainsaws attached to the cow catcher.

Croc vs bear is akin to sandwich vs human.

A crocodile is really just a turtle without a shell.

And a bear is like a 2ton armored truck with a fur coat being driven by a samurai with an ak47.

Bear wins.[/quote']

No it's not but it's a start because if they went PPV's alone like EliteXC and Affliction did that they would out already. Another network would be entirely better' date=' even just getting highlights on some sports stations. Like I was watching TSN and they had Bellator on there.... CBS is killing Strikeforce on main stream.

They need someone willing to show it not willing to screw with them[/quote']

Ok let me chime in with a few of my thoughts and lets see what you think. I think that Showtime is doing just enough for Strikeforce. The question is, is that enough? This question is harder to answer than it simply appears. When Strikeforce was holding local shows in California, I think it was perfect. It gave them access to 16 million homes, and being part of the Viacom (later CBS) family it gave them security. It also garnered interest from CBS for their tv deal even though they had been through Elite XC debacle just prior.

My guess is that CBS/Showtime is footing the bill for all production costs with complete creative control over that production. You wonder why UFC doesn't have a network deal? It's this very reason... networks hate to give up production control of their product and the UFC will not sign a deal unless they keep complete control of production. Strikeforce has been having talks recently with someone I think would be a great addition to the executive producing team at Strikeforce, (Mr. Paul Heyman). I don't know however just how much he would be able to do at either Showtime or CBS as he is the type of guy who would want that creative control.

Why Stikeforce and Showtime signed a deal with Superchannel in Canada is beyond me. We have a network in Canada that absolutely no one subscribes to. I don't know many cable packages that even include it in a group package. I don't know about you, but I certainly won't pay $15/month for that channel. Bad bad choice imo.

Eventually Strikeforce is going to have to look at it's ratings and think if perhaps the pasture is greener elsewhere. What about MTV? Here we have a younger demographic, available to 95 million homes and a Viacom owned company.

hmmm....

Ok let me chime in with a few of my thoughts and lets see what you think. I think that Showtime is doing just enough for Strikeforce. The question is' date=' is that enough? This question is harder to answer than it simply appears. When Strikeforce was holding local shows in California, I think it was perfect. It gave them access to 16 million homes, and being part of the Viacom (later CBS) family it gave them security. It also garnered interest from CBS for their tv deal even though they had been through Elite XC debacle just prior.

My guess is that CBS/Showtime is footing the bill for all production costs with complete creative control over that production. You wonder why UFC doesn't have a network deal? It's this very reason... networks hate to give up production control of their product and the UFC will not sign a deal unless they keep complete control of production. Strikeforce has been having talks recently with someone I think would be a great addition to the executive producing team at Strikeforce, (Mr. Paul Heyman). I don't know however just how much he would be able to do at either Showtime or CBS as he is the type of guy who would want that creative control.

Why Stikeforce and Showtime signed a deal with Superchannel in Canada is beyond me. We have a network in Canada that absolutely no one subscribes to. I don't know many cable packages that even include it in a group package. I don't know about you, but I certainly won't pay $15/month for that channel. Bad bad choice imo.

Eventually Strikeforce is going to have to look at it's ratings and think if perhaps the pasture is greener elsewhere. What about MTV? Here we have a younger demographic, available to 95 million homes and a Viacom owned company.

hmmm....[/quote']

Well that's the one thing I was thinking about. Why doesn't a station like MTV or even some Fox networks pick of MMA, MTV espically. The best age range of viewers in mma is the 18-30 yr old males. Hell Bully Beatdown did great on MTV and that wasn't even straight MMA.

But that's also brings up problems of production control. IF MTV got a hold of an MMA organization they would want to put it over the top for the wrong reasons. I think MTV would push the production towards like Pro-Wrestling view instead of the fight itself. They would want big lights, fireworks, and some mean-mugging dudes in a fight that looks more like something you'd see two drunks do then an actual technical exchange.

I just don't know what network that would want show more of technical side to educate people on the various aspects of mma. They want the tough-man competition type fights. I don't want mma to go down that route.

Don't confuse production control with overall control of the company and it's matchmaking. I don't think Strikeforce or any network that takes it over would be interested in changing the format too much. Of course each network head and it's executive producers will want their own vision of a show, but in the end they want what is going to be successful as ratings = money.

Don't confuse production control with overall control of the company and it's matchmaking. I don't think Strikeforce or any network that takes it over would be interested in changing the format too much. Of course each network head and it's executive producers will want their own vision of a show' date=' but in the end they want what is going to be successful as ratings = money.[/quote']

I know. But the production can affect how mma is seen you know. I think MMA needs to be recongized more as a sport then some bloody thirsty brawl.

I think the best stations for that is actual sports networks. Like in Canada we have Rogers Sportsnet televising alot of the ufc. Maybe the UFC should ink a permanent deal with them first. Because any basic cable has at least one sports channel. And if all them had a deal with an organization then mma will get out there more and be respected more.

Jake SHields verses GSP breakdown

go watch GSP vs Fitch lol. Shields is only a slightely better version of Fitch, except Fitch has better cardio.

Shields believes in "american jiu jitsu" which is so top game orientated. I think he, like others, believe GSP won't take him down. But that's the thing, GSP will take him down and Shields has never been known for his bottom game bjj. Standing would be a joke, Shields is so robotic standing it hurts. GSP is too quick, he's always moving and always on the balls of his feet ready to explode.

It would be 5 rounds of GSP doing whatever he wants to Shields

Why do you think UFC is not holding an event in Japan anymore' date=' or why are they not reviving a PRIDE show even for once in Japan.[/quote']

A)UFC is a legit business lol. And considering there's no governing athletic commission in Japan could be a reason

B)Pride was ran by the Yazuka. And like today with K-1/FEG/DREAM they are having a little trouble with the Yazuka right now stopping them from promoting any card. Go look on the K-1 website. The last card they had was July 10th and haven't annouced any further cards

C) The Bubble in Japan burst in 2007-ish. It'll be better for the UFC to wait for the Japanese fans to want to see MMA again before pushing it there.

go watch GSP vs Fitch lol. Shields is only a slightely better version of Fitch' date=' except Fitch has better cardio.

Shields believes in "american jiu jitsu" which is so top game orientated. I think he, like others, believe GSP won't take him down. But that's the thing, GSP will take him down and Shields has never been known for his bottom game bjj. Standing would be a joke, Shields is so robotic standing it hurts. GSP is too quick, he's always moving and always on the balls of his feet ready to explode.

It would be 5 rounds of GSP doing whatever he wants to Shields[/quote']

True, GSP would school him

Archived