Who thinks LW title has been eclipsed by Randy vs Boxing?

Dan_Eight

Nope' date=' BJ killing Frankie is going to be a treat to watch.

It's like Dana said, "I consider it a freakshow fight". It's interesting to watch, but I wouldn't care if it wasn't there.[/quote']

Im not saying no-one cares, any MMA fan will be looking forward to it, and will watch intently, no doubt... its more a case of it being pushed to the back of peoples mind until its actually happening and the lights go out on randy n toney.

Obviously its a bit of a spectacle that will get people talking, but theres like 20 threads on the freakshow to every one thread about the main event...bj and frankie must be fuming coz ufc 118s always gonna be remembered as the one with boxing v mma and oh yeah so and so won/defended the LW crown

Agreed' date=' not for the hardcore fans. But for the general populace, I think so.[/quote']

I guess it is pretty good in the sense it will bring new fans and even wider acceptance of the sport, while all the die-hards sit smugly wearing their 'im the no.1 mma fan' badges proudly, looking down their noses at these newbies....while secretly everyones just as excited as each other to see how this freakshows gonna turn out!

The thing i most dislike is how this fight is being tipped as the judge jury and executioner of boxing vs MMA when infact Coture is only one of soo many different styles of MMA the outcome of this event proves nothing in the boxing vs mma debate it is simply a publicity stunt

The thing i most dislike is how this fight is being tipped as the judge jury and executioner of boxing vs MMA when infact Coture is only one of soo many different styles of MMA the outcome of this event proves nothing in the boxing vs mma debate it is simply a publicity stunt

Correct....Unless MMA wins, of course

it has eclipsed the edgar penn rematch. I see penn winning the rematch but overall it will be even more boring than their previous fight this tiem with penn winning a close decision.

The toney vs couture match is more interesting, i reckon toney has a great chance of KOing the american dreamboat.

Watching the countdown certainly made it obvious the UFC holds this exhibition match in more regard. To be fair Penn and Edgar have already fought once. And......I have always been biased against the smaller divisions although I still enjoy them as well.

Archived