New TV = Bad MW2 experience?

Muhammads_Apprentice

Alright well I'll try to make this short and simple, I recently bought a new 42' plasma HDTV and I hooked it up and got on some Call of Duty: MW2, but the weird thing is that I can't really play good anymore. Okay this is kinda hard to explain but when I had my other TV I could easily follow someone and shoot them down with my gun but with this new TV I feel as if though its almost lagged when I play, I've changed my sensitivity but it's just weird... So any suggestions?

P.S. I've been playing with this TV for a couple of days already so I'm not sure if "getting used to it" is really a solution... Maybe it's a problem with the plasma? Like the settings, screen width, etc...

i refuse to play any video games on a plasma. I refuse to even buy one. it tends to have a slower refresh rate and after frequent usage, most of them will suffer from burn in's. Just about everybody i know who has had one has had problems, at one point and gotten rid of it.

on the plus side, they do look neat for the first few months you have it, but then you will be regretting it.

Alright well I'll try to make this short and simple' date=' I recently bought a new 42' plasma HDTV and I hooked it up and got on some Call of Duty: MW2, but the weird thing is that I can't really play good anymore. Okay this is kinda hard to explain but when I had my other TV I could easily follow someone and shoot them down with my gun but with this new TV I feel as if though its almost lagged when I play, I've changed my sensitivity but it's just weird... So any suggestions?

P.S. I've been playing with this TV for a couple of days already so I'm not sure if "getting used to it" is really a solution... Maybe it's a problem with the plasma? Like the settings, screen width, etc...[/quote']

Your TV is bigger dude. Like when you had your small TV you could easily see people without having to move your eyes to far but when it gets bigger you can miss stuff. Ya know what I'm saying?

It's hard to explain, The same happened to me but you'll get used to it.

Could you elaborate on what a "burn in" is?

when your device sends a constant signal to the television and the internals get so hot it can sketch in the outlines of certain things, which will still be visible, sometimes even permanently edged into the screen, and you can still notice it, even when you are watching tv or playing a movie.

for instance, if you are running full 1080p and turn on your xbox, leave for work or whatever and forget to turn your tv off, come back nine hours later and it will still be at a pause menu. you don't want to do that for any reason, but everybody does it at some point or another and leaves it on. video games are the worst if you are just at a title screen or a pause menu and you walk out leaving it on. It will damage your television.

any still image left over time will get burned into the display due to heat congestion

computer's have a smart way around it, ever since windows there has been a screen saver. they don't call it that for no reason. if you leave still images displayed in high resolution on any devices with no active motion, it will have the tendancy to want to etch itself onto the screen, even when no longer there. plasma's are the worst for that.

I have a plasma, and have had it for over two years. Haven't experienced any burn in, and games play just fine for me.

I have heard of burn-in issues though - they typically only occur when a stagnant image is displayed for hours on end. Most video games are constantly changing, so there isn't much of an issue.

I have a plasma' date=' and have had it for over two years. Haven't experienced any burn in, and games play just fine for me.

I have heard of burn-in issues though - they typically only occur when a stagnant image is displayed for hours on end.[b'] Most video games are constantly changing[/b], so there isn't much of an issue.

Unless your a camper on MW2.

I have a plasma' date=' and have had it for over two years. Haven't experienced any burn in, and games play just fine for me.

I have heard of burn-in issues though - they typically only occur when a stagnant image is displayed for hours on end. Most video games are constantly changing, so there isn't much of an issue.[/quote']

except for your HUD

Alright well I'll try to make this short and simple' date=' I recently bought a new 42' plasma HDTV and I hooked it up and got on some Call of Duty: MW2, but the weird thing is that I can't really play good anymore. Okay this is kinda hard to explain but when I had my other TV I could easily follow someone and shoot them down with my gun but with this new TV I feel as if though its almost lagged when I play, I've changed my sensitivity but it's just weird... So any suggestions?

P.S. I've been playing with this TV for a couple of days already so I'm not sure if "getting used to it" is really a solution... Maybe it's a problem with the plasma? Like the settings, screen width, etc...[/quote']

same thing happened to me when i got a new tv it like hurts your eyes and you do horrible on online games you just got to give it a week or two untill you get used to it

I had this same problem. Try another game and if the lag seems to continue you need to upgrade to a HDMI cable or better. Although it only helped all my other games, except CoD.

Also if you have a ps3, go to display settings and choose 720p even if your TV supports 1080, as all ps3 games operate at 720

Archived