The Wolfslair

TheXFactorV2

I dont understand why Dana has such a hard on for these guys. He has signed 4 or 5 fighters from there for 120. None of their fighters have even done anything significant in the UFC, Rampage has been and gone and didn't really improve while he was there anyway. Kongo is a one dimensional gate keeper and Bisping always falls at the last hurdle to a title shot. You could say that Team Rough House consisting of Hardy, Daley, Winner and Pearson have performed much better than Wolfslair in the UFC so I really don't understand the credit they get.

I dont understand why Dana has such a hard on for these guys. He has signed 4 or 5 fighters from there for 120. None of their fighters have even done anything significant in the UFC' date=' [b']Rampage has been and gone and didn't really improve while he was there anyway.[/b] Kongo is a one dimensional gate keeper and Bisping always falls at the last hurdle to a title shot. You could say that Team Rough House consisting of Hardy, Daley, Winner and Pearson have performed much better than Wolfslair in the UFC so I really don't understand the credit they get.

Rampage left Wolfslair?

Kongo and rampage should go to team quest so their wrestleling can be up to par with their competition. They both have great striking some of the best in their division. As for bisping I could give a rats **** about him he'll never be a a champ, the ufc just feeds him lower level competition So he doesn't lose, because he is the English poster boy for the ufc.

Because he has a hard on for a certain turtle that got him a bunch of PPV sales from England and made his wallet bigger.

while this is essentially correct i'd just like to point out that ufc isn't a PPV over here ESPN UK show the ppv's live for free aslong as you have ESPN because there on at early times and we rarely have many ppv events anyway only american based boxing fights and the wwe. However the point is still valid as im sure ESPN are paying a fair amount for the privellege of showing it

Why don't some of you just **** off saying British fighters are crap and Americans are the greatest people on earth, last i remember John Hathaway (A british fighter, yes BRITISH) ****ing ruined Diego Sanchez. The British don't suck at fighting so stop making out that they are. And plus when Michael Bisping lost to Rashad Evans, the only reason why alot ofpeople think he lost was Rashad used his wrestling... as always. Yeah Michael got knocked the **** out by Dan Henderson but most people are getting knocked out these days wether they are British, American, Brazillian, Russian whatever the nationality

Dana does this a lot with non US events. Signs a lot of new fighters from the host country. Some lose and just get cut, others win and go on to have a career in the UFC. Kurt Warburton, Rob Broughton and Paul Sass are all very promising prospects. I don't really know anything about Tom Blackledge but hopefully he'll destroy James McSweeney's ****y ****.

Why don't some of you just **** off saying British fighters are crap and Americans are the greatest people on earth' date=' last i remember John Hathaway (A british fighter, yes BRITISH) ****ing ruined Diego Sanchez. The British don't suck at fighting so stop making out that they are. And plus when Michael Bisping lost to Rashad Evans, the only reason why alot ofpeople think he lost was Rashad used his wrestling... as always. Yeah Michael got knocked the **** out by Dan Henderson but most people are getting knocked out these days wether they are British, American, Brazillian, Russian whatever the nationality[/quote']

iznb09.jpg

iznb09.jpg

I wondered the same thing. I'm English and get pretty defensive when someone bashes our country in general. But this thread doesn't bash Britain, it's just bashing a particular gym. Lots of people don't like Bisping, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when people generalise all British fighters and even British fans based on the actions or words of one fighter or fan.

its in Britian and Wolfslair is the predominant English mma gym

Are they though? Hardy was the number one contender and Daley was almost too. Pearson won TUF. That is alot more than Bisping, Kongo and Kelly have accomplished. BTW I am English and alot of people have mistaken this for a Brit bashing topic. It is not. It is just that to have 6 fighters on a card all from the same camp seems like it is nothing more than a Wolfslair showcase which imo is unjustified as they haven't really accomplished anything in the UFC.

Are they though? Hardy was the number one contender and Daley was almost too. Pearson won TUF. That is alot more than Bisping' date=' Kongo and Kelly have accomplished. BTW I am English and alot of people have mistaken this for a Brit bashing topic. It is not. It is just that to have 6 fighters on a card all from the same camp seems like it is nothing more than a Wolfslair showcase which imo is unjustified as they haven't really accomplished anything in the UFC.[/quote']

Well, I think the reason may really be coincidental. Paul Sass is a very talented grappler who is undefeated and has had his name uttered alongside UFC for a while now. Rob Broughton is coming off an impressive tournament win where he beat James Thompson and former UFC fighter Neil Wain. Kurt Warburton is a very impressive striker who holds a win over Ross Pearson. He's been given arguably the toughest match up against Spencer Fisher, but expect Warburton to really take it to Spencer in the stand up battle.

As for Tom Blackledge, I don't really know much about him so I can't comment.

Rough House is a great gym but their only big prospect at the moment is Jim Wallhead and he's just signed with Bellator. The only other big gym really is London Shootfighters, and my knowledge of them is pretty limited. My honest guess is that it's just a coincidence that the top 4 most promising and available fighters outside the UFC were all training at Wolfslair.

Archived