Did anyone else hate the movie..

TheFedornator

Never Back Down? The movie was TOTAL GARBAGE, the plot was boring, the actors sucked, it was a total waste of time, the main characters name was Jake Tyler for crying out loud!! could they have picked a more generic name!? who the hell wrote this thing!? LMAO, i know, i know, the movie was targeted at teenagers, but i cant think of a worse way to introduce anyone to the sport, it'll probably turn any weak mind that watches it into a Ed Hardy wearing meat head, WTF

for those of you who havent seen the film i'll post the trailer to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn2-nzMHgtU

LMAO Hmm.. i wonder how many retards watched it' date=' thought they could fight, and got their **** handed to them, anyone care to guess?[/quote']

I agree it was a dumb movie but it was somewhat realistic. As for guessing how much influence this movie had probably not alot but it's funny how they had badass on youtube in that movie just like alot of pretenders do today. e.g. UFC wanna be teenagers posting thier amatuer fights on youtube thinking thier badasses. Personally I blame Kimbo.

When I started doing BJJ formally I thought I knew alot ( been a avid fan and I trained with friends with instructional tapes and rolled regularly. Then when I actually joined a school I rolled with new students and I still thought I was pretty good. Then I rolled with the instructor and I learned just how much I didn't know. The minute details I learned later really blew my mind.

When I saw the preview I knew it would be a waste of money. Furthermore' date=' I have not even bother to rent it or view it online.[/quote']

lol.

my thoughts exactly.

there was another fighting movie that came out in the last couple years that was the same garbage.

never saw either of them.

and I laugh at anyone going into that movie thinking "this movie is going to be awesome!"

the only movie worth watching is rush hour 3.

i also watched it on TV' date=' no way was i going to pay to see this piece of tripe, or spend my precious time looking for it online[/quote']

Yeah I caught it on tv and wanted to see what all the un-hype was about. Well they were right but I generally try to give mma movies a chance even though I've only seen one that passed as pretty decent....Redbelt in case your wondering.

Absolutely horrendous. Anyone who considers themselves "fans" of MMA should discredit this movie for the garbage that it is. You should of heard all the wannabe MMA fans a few years ago at my school, talking about how good the movie was...Such idiots.

In a nutshell:

Never Back Down

-Bad acting

-Terrible plot

-Actors in their 20's playing the role of high schoolers

-Unrealistic

-Trashy fight scenes

Yeah I caught it on tv and wanted to see what all the un-hype was about. Well they were right but I generally try to give mma movies a chance even though I've only seen one that passed as pretty decent....Redbelt in case your wondering.

Yeah i've seen RedBelt it was decent not great, but decent , i'll post the trailer incase someone wants to know what we're talking about:

Archived