Ubereem Ducks Fedor

uedamasa

Ariel Helwani: Have you decided when and where your next fight will be?

Alistair Overeem: Yes, I'm going to fight in the K-1 tournament, so my first fight will be October for the Final 16 in Korea. If I win the fight, I will advance to the Final 8 in Japan. That fight will be in December.

Why isn't your next fight going to be for Strikeforce?

I've stated many times that Strikeforce was my number one priority, but after Fedor lost to Werdum, I had no intention of fighting somebody other than Werdum. I came to the States to challenge the winner of the fight and that was Werdum, so no need to fight somebody else. Furthermore, I like K-1 very much and there are not many opportunities to stay fighting in K-1, so I want to fight if I still can. One of my goals is to be K-1 champion and this is my chance.

Emelianenko has now said that he would like to fight you by the end of the year. Is that possible at this point?

No, unfortunately not. The reason is because if I enter the Final 16 and win, I will fight the K-1 Final in December. My decision was made because nothing was certain and Strikeforce and M-1 didn't act fast enough when I made my decision to start K-1 training. Now I read on the internet that Fedor and his management want to fight me all of sudden. Do they really need two months of thinking and negotiating? I think it's a little strange to be honest. If Fedor challenged me right after the fight it would have been something to take in consideration, but the M-1 management started to say that all the polls on several websites stated that people rather have a Fedor vs. Werdum rematch then a fight against me. There we have another lie by M-1 because every poll I have read stated the opposite and showed that everybody want to see Fedor versus me. Check their current poll at their own Web site (laughs).

Scott Coker recently hinted at the fact that Antonio Silva would be your next opponent. Does a fight against "Bigfoot" interest you?

No, not at all. When I fought Brett Rogers there was much criticism over how the champion could fight a fighter that lost his last fight. If you co-promote with people that have their own demands it's hard to make good and logical fights. If you look at another big MMA organization in the States, you can see that they have a clear road map of who's fighting who and which fighters are entitled to get a shot at the championship belt. Having a clear virtual ranking is one of the reasons they are successful because they can hype fights. You can debate if I'm the number one in Strikeforce using results of the past, but the fact remains that Fedor signed with Strikeforce and chose Werdum instead of me. We all know that in every organization Fedor is more than welcome to fight straight for the belt due to his stature and experience, but if his management decided that they would like a tune-up fight and then Werdum before fighting me they are taking a risk. Fighting in a organization is just the same as climbing a ladder. If you lose, you will fall a couple of steps down and if you win you go up. It's not fair to other fighters that are climbing the same ladder. So to make a long story short, I'm the champion, which means I'm number one, not based on ranking but because I'm wearing the belt.

Number two is clearly Werdum because of his win over Fedor and Antonio Silva. Fedor losing means he's number 3 and Antonio Silva, who came back from a loss against Werdum by defeating Arlovski is clearly the number 4. So in that case, Fedor should fight Antonio Silva and the winner of that fight should fight against the winner of a bout between myself and Werdum. It's just that simple -- it's not rocket science.

Does a part of you think that the Fedor fight will never happen now?

If Fedor stays in Strikeforce and beats Antonio Silva and I win my fight against Werdum, then there is a big possibility that I will face him. So I still think I will meet him in the cage eventually.

Do you still have an issue with the way M-1 has handled this situation?

Everybody knows that I'm not crazy about those guys. I personally think that they don't know how the US market works. They have a different mentality and culture. The way they use Fedor as a trophy is, in my opinion, not how a management team should work. They should have the interest of the fighter as the number one priority and sometimes I have the feeling that Fedor doesn't know what M-1 is demanding behind his back. I don't want to go in to details so I won't. All I can say is never have I witnessed a management manipulating and using the amount of tricks as Fedor's management has done.

Has this whole process been frustrating for you?

In the beginning I took it personally because of the things Vadim [Finkelstein] and M-1 we're saying in the media and I wanted to fight him bad, but now that he lost I was like, 'What goes around comes around.' So now I will move on and focus on my own career.

LOL' date=' what a joke.....the guy is persuing K-1 (where he gets mangled 40% of the time), and declining a fight with Fedor?

You've got to be kidding me......he stated many times he wanted to fight Fedor, now he's saying he wants Werdum.

Horsemeat, give your head a shake.[/quote']

This

Gotta say, it does appear Overoid is being a chicken **** now.

He called out Fedor, Fedor said he will fight Overoid and he is to busy with K1, which he said was going to take a back burner to Strikeforce.

He is a coward. But then again, that whole organization seems **** backwards and full of ****.

Oh please, what a bunch of bull.

Fedor is only claiming to want to fight Overeem now because he knows Overeem already committed to fighting in K-1 this year.

What a phony, he's not fooling anyone.

He had the chance to agree to fight Overeem for a long time... and he ducked and made excuses.

You know what his claim that he wants to fight Overeem now is all about?

It's just the latest attempt to save face because he and M1 are setting up a can "anti ring rust" match as we speak.

He wants to be able to say "Well, I had to fight Stephen Hawking because Overeem wouldn't fight me."

Pffffffffffffffft, who does he and M1 think they're fooling.

Grow a new pair Fedor. You let M1 emasculate you.

Oh please' date=' what a bunch of bull.

Fedor is only claiming to want to fight Overeem now because he knows Overeem already committed to fighting in K-1 this year.

He had the chance to agree to fight Overeem for a long time... and he ducked and made excuses.

It's just the latest attempt to save face because he and M1 are setting up a can "anti ring rust" match as we speak.

He wants to be able to say "Well, I had to fight Stephen Hawking because Overeem wouldn't fight me."

Grow a new pair Fedor. You let M1 emasculate you.[/quote']

Committed to K-1? He could drop out on a whim........the guy gets wasted in K-1, and is an MMA "champion". The guy he's been "chasing" for the last 2 years officially calls him on, and he says he's got no interest?

Puhlease. Fedor just put it out there, Overeem is running. Don't even bring K-1 into the discussion.....

Committed to K-1? He could drop out on a whim........the guy gets wasted in K-1' date=' and is an MMA "champion". The guy he's been "chasing" for the last 2 years officially calls him on, and he says he's got no interest?

Puhlease. Fedor just put it out there, Overeem is running. Don't even bring K-1 into the discussion.....[/quote']

Fedor's days of people running to accommodate him are over.

He doesn't even really want to fight Overeem, and Overeem knows it.

And I respect Overeem for signing up for K-1 especially if it's a challenge for him. That's the only way to improve his skills. It will make him a better MMA fighter.

Bottom line, has Fedor signed SF's "champions" clause yet?

If not, then he's not serious about fighting Overeem.

It's like I said, this is just cover so when he fights Stephen Hawking he and M1 can try to save face by lying that they really wanted to fight Overeem.

Fedor's days of people running to accommodate him are over.

He doesn't even really want to fight Overeem' date=' and Overeem knows it.

And I respect Overeem for signing up for K-1 especially if it's a challenge for him. That's the only way to improve his skills. It will make him a better MMA fighter.

Bottom line, has Fedor signed SF's "champions" clause yet?

If not, then he's not serious about fighting Overeem.

It's like I said, this is just cover so when he fights Stephen Hawking he and M1 can try to save face by lying that they really wanted to fight Overeem.[/quote']

[a]http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://chuckpalahniuk.net/files/lolwut.jpg&imgrefurl=http://chuckpalahniuk.net/forum/1000026/what-would-you-say-to-the-guy-who-is-doing-your-wife&usg=__t9KeW6jp3H1xdPEzZeTXzW2U90Y=&h=427&w=455&sz=109&hl=en&start=16&sig2=hlanDEwa7amVju-HwALcXw&zoom=1&tbnid=zRVb-Lt9I3oP6M:&tbnh=129&tbnw=155&ei=L991TMKMB5SgsQOHyMGgDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlolwut%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D578%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C342&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=458&vpy=211&dur=2795&hovh=217&hovw=232&tx=121&ty=117&oei=IN91TLTOD4iCsQPM66WgDQ&esq=2&page=2&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:16&biw=1024&bih=578[/a]

Fedor (and Co) ducked Overeem when Overeem wanted to fight.

Now that Fedor has lost his mythical air, Overeem aint that keen. And honestly I don't think Fedor and co are that keen either.

Everyone (including M1) wondered how Fedor Vs Ubereem would go, but everyone knew Fedor would beat Werdum. So I see Ubereem as a step up from Werdum and are M1 the sort of company who will allow fedor to lose two in a row? I highly doubt it.

Neither group wants the fight.

LOL' date=' what a joke.....the guy is persuing K-1 (where he gets mangled 40% of the time), and declining a fight with Fedor?

You've got to be kidding me......he stated many times he wanted to fight Fedor, now he's saying he wants Werdum.

+1

Exactly what a clown he's been going on and on about how Fedor has been ducking him and then when Werdum is injured until next year and Fedor says he would like to fight Alistair all of a sudden AO would rather lose K1 tournament to either Badr Hari in a rubber match or Semmy Schilt if he actually made the finals.

Overeem is full of ****. He went on and on about how Fedor was ducking him but now that he lost one legit fight to Overeems like 10 or 11 career losses Fedor doesn't deserve the fight.

lol I know exactly what this is Overeem is back on the juice and HGH (horsemeat) in preparation for K1 where they don't even tend to test and if they do you can beat it in Japan all the time.

Anyone find it odd that last year when Overeem was in K1 he weighed 119.5 kilos (263) and then when he cycled off the juice to fight Rogers he was 253 and didn't look near as bulky?

He was able to pass a piss test just like so many of these other fighters that cycle off the juice in time to fight. Apparently Barnett just sucks **** at cycling off the juice properly.

Oh please' date=' what a bunch of bull.

[b']He had the chance to agree to fight Overeem for a long time... and he ducked and made excuses.[/b]

Grow a new pair Fedor. You let M1 emasculate you.

Excuse me what?! He has chances to fight a strikeforce champion that WOULD NOT fight in the states for THREE years? You're a clown that just likes to bash Fedor. Overeem was in Japan beating up cans in dream and fighting in K1. How the hell is Fedor ducking a fighter that was getting bigger and bigger and AVOIDING fighting stateside?

What the **** dude was Fedor suppose to chase him to K1? Did you forget about Overeem's nightclub brawl where his hand got cut up and said he couldn't fight for Strikeforce but a few weaks later took fights with cans like James Thompson.

You don't seem to understand what ducking someone means because it's impossible to duck someone that won't even defend his belt until 3 years later and refused to fight in the states until he could cycle off the juice.

Excuse me what?! He has chances to fight a strikeforce champion that WOULD NOT fight in the states for THREE years? You're a clown that just likes to bash Fedor. Overeem was in Japan beating up cans in dream and fighting in K1. How the hell is Fedor ducking a fighter that was getting bigger and bigger and AVOIDING fighting stateside?

What the **** dude was Fedor suppose to chase him to K1? Did you forget about Overeem's nightclub brawl where his hand got cut up and said he couldn't fight for Strikeforce but a few weaks later took fights with cans like James Thompson.

You don't seem to understand what ducking someone means because it's impossible to duck someone that won't even defend his belt until 3 years later and refused to fight in the states until he could cycle off the juice.

Why did Overeem have to fight Rogers instead of Fedor after Fedor beat Rogers?

Why did Overeem have to fight Rogers instead of Fedor after Fedor beat Rogers?

The fight with Werdum was already lined up with the idea of Fedor beating him and fighting Alistair after that. AO wouldn't defend his belt in strikeforce with multiple excuses including a hand injury that didn't stop him from crushing several cans like Goodridge, Tony Sylvester (WHO?!), James Thompson and Fujita.... people rag on Fedor for beating like 6 different former UFC HW champions but it's okay for Overeem to fight guys who aren't even ranked in the top 50 in Japan all roided up.

Don't get it twisted son the fact is the roid machine avoided fighting state side for 3 years. If Alistair really wanted to fight Fedor so badly he could have scrapped K1 last year and defending his title against Fedor instead of Fedor fighting Rogers.

Just like he could scrap the K1 crap and fight Fedor now but he's too busy juicing up for K1 and knows he couldn't cycle off in time. Overeem wants to be sure that when he fights Fedor he doesn't pull a Barnett and literally destroy an entire show/promotion 10 days before the fight.

The fight with Werdum was already lined up with the idea of Fedor beating him and fighting Alistair after that. AO wouldn't defend his belt in strikeforce with multiple excuses including a hand injury that didn't stop him from crushing several cans like Goodridge' date=' Tony Sylvester (WHO?!), James Thompson and Fujita.... people rag on Fedor for beating like 6 different former UFC HW champions but it's okay for Overeem to fight guys who aren't even ranked in the top 50 in Japan all roided up.

Don't get it twisted son the fact is the roid machine avoided fighting state side for 3 years. If Alistair really wanted to fight Fedor so badly he could have scrapped K1 last year and defending his title against Fedor instead of Fedor fighting Rogers.

Just like he could scrap the K1 crap and fight Fedor now but he's too busy juicing up for K1 and knows he couldn't cycle off in time. Overeem wants to be sure that when he fights Fedor he doesn't pull a Barnett and literally destroy an entire show/promotion 10 days before the fight.[/quote']

Has Fedor signed SF's "champions" clause?

If not, he's not serious about fighting Overeem.

Look, this whole "I want to fight Overeem all of a sudden" is just bull by Fedor/M1.

It's just their cover for when they announce the "anti ring rust" can they're actually planning to fight in Japan later this year.

The fight with Werdum was already lined up with the idea of Fedor beating him and fighting Alistair after that. AO wouldn't defend his belt in strikeforce with multiple excuses including a hand injury that didn't stop him from crushing several cans like Goodridge' date=' Tony Sylvester (WHO?!), James Thompson and Fujita.... people rag on Fedor for beating like 6 different former UFC HW champions but it's okay for Overeem to fight guys who aren't even ranked in the top 50 in Japan all roided up.

Just like he could scrap the K1 crap and fight Fedor now but he's too busy juicing up for K1 and knows he couldn't cycle off in time. Overeem wants to be sure that when he fights Fedor he doesn't pull a Barnett and literally destroy an entire show/promotion 10 days before the fight.[/quote']

agreed,ubereems already jacked up so much on his "horsemeat" that if he was to fight fedor now he could blow it all like you so rightly said.

soon he'll be back to hiding in his caves in europe again growing more of his own horsemeat.

who knows whats gonna happen but bigfoot at this time deserves fedor more than reem does.

and LOL at the fedor insults in this thread,what desperate troll attempts they are :eek:

probably not ducking but he thinks that he needed to fight the number 1 contender which is werdum.i'm a fedor fan but i guess he should climb all the way back to the top.well as for reem,if he wanted to be part of the p4p best,this is the time for him,its like saying that "who gives a f***,i'll fight anyone" and beating some one like fedor will make him part of the top HW.

probably not ducking but he thinks that he needed to fight the number 1 contender which is werdum.i'm a fedor fan but i guess he should climb all the way back to the top.well as for reem' date='if he wanted to be part of the p4p best,this is the time for him,its like saying that "who gives a f***,i'll fight anyone" and beating some one like fedor will make him part of the top HW.[/quote']

Overeem is the top HW in SF already.

But this calling Overeem out is just a ploy, and Overeem knows it.

Fedor/M1 are setting up an "anti ring rust" can for Fedor to fight.

They are only calling out Overeem now because they know it's safe, they know he's already committed to fighting in K-1.

They just want to be able to save face when they announce Fedor-Hong Man Choi II by saying they tried and wanted to fight Overeem all along.

It's all bull.

If Fedor was serious about fighting Overeem he'd have signed SF's champion's clause. Until he does, it's all just smoke and mirrors from Fedor/M1.

Overeem is just a troubled young man who is basically ducking everyone.

He won;t fight Barnett either.

I only heard that Barnett was trying to get in SF, not that he had done it already.

I'd like to see Barnett-Overeem.

What name could they come up with for that night of fights?

Roid Rage In da Cage?

:D

Archived