Lightweight/Welterweight PPV

EdGOAT

It's hard to think of any LWs with a big enough name. If BJ loses on Saturday, then he could definitely still be a PPV headliner. Although there aren't many guys he hasn't fought.

As for WW, I think there are some names that could healdine a card.

I think guys like Fitch, Koscheck, Alves and Shields all have big enough names to headline a small-ish PPV card.

I dont think any weightclass can do that... besides Rampage and Rashad but that was special.

Mir vs. Cro Cop

Couture vs. Nog

Griffin vs. Ortiz

Any with Rich Franklin

Evans v. Silva

It's very common that non-title PPV cards are 185 lbs and up. I've never seen a non-title Lightweight/Welterweight fight headline. That's why I ask.

Mir vs. Cro Cop

Couture vs. Nog

Griffin vs. Ortiz

Any with Rich Franklin

Evans v. Silva

It's very common that non-title PPV cards are 185 lbs and up. I've never seen a non-title Lightweight/Welterweight fight headline. That's why I ask.

The only recent one which springs to mind is Sanchez vs Stevenson, but I don't think that was PPV.

The lower weight classes seem to headline the smaller events. Sanchez vs Guida, Florian vs Gomi, Maynard vs Diaz, Stevenson vs Diaz, etc.

If BJ Penn loses at 118' date=' how about Penn moving up for a rubber match against Matt Hughes as a headliner.[/quote']

That would be awesome, but Matt said after the Almeida fight that he was gonna take a while off and get back to training in 2011. And I don't think Dana would be happy about BJ taking 8 months out just for a rubber match.

Definitely an idea for the future though. That's definitely PPV-headline material.

Mir vs. Cro Cop

Couture vs. Nog

Griffin vs. Ortiz

Any with Rich Franklin

Evans v. Silva

its so bad that most everyone is focusing on toney vs couture and forgeting about penn vs edgar haha.

Archived