How Do You Know When To Trust Someone?

Doctor_Obviously

I'd enjoy all feedback on this guys.

So, everyone on here knows me for my photoshops. I not only post them here, but I've posted on youtube and I've told plenty of others who've passed on the word. So in other words, a lot of people know me for that. Now imagine if you were me....

If a woman takes an interest in me, and we talk for three days, how do I know she's for real? Most of us have seen what BEG had to go through with no one believing she was a female. If the female in question (not BEG) saw your picture, your status on these forums and all of your photoshops, how would you know if she was real or if it was a former forum member playing a very smart mindgames when she can't provide the same info? BEG finally decided to post a pic of herself to prove, but did she really have to? The one in question does not see my point of view and now she will not talk to me.

But what would you guys think? She knows about me from my photoshops, but a lot of the forum members and youtubers do. She could be anyone. The only thing I know is what I read in the posts. And like I said, it could be a sick game someone is playing to get to me. I'm not naming any names so I'm not trying to demolish anyone. She's doesn't post here on this forum, but she's in the featured members forum. It's only been a short time and I don't know what to think, and when or how much to trust anyone. I respect all that give me respect and understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry, not trying to cause drama, just trying to get feedback.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So' date=' everyone on here knows me for my photoshops. I not only post them here, but I've posted on youtube and I've told plenty of others who've passed on the word. So in other words, a lot of people know me for that. Now imagine if you were me....

If a woman takes an interest in me, and we talk for three days, how do I know she's for real? Most of us have seen what BEG had to go through with no one believing she was a female. If the female in question (not BEG) saw your picture, your status on these forums and all of your photoshops, how would you know if she was real or if it was a former forum member playing a very smart mindgames when she can't provide the same info? BEG finally decided to post a pic of herself to prove, but did she really have to? The one in question does not see my point of view and now she will not talk to me.

But what would you guys think? She knows about me from my photoshops, but a lot of the forum members and youtubers do. She could be anyone. The only thing I know is what I read in the posts. And like I said, it could be a sick game someone is playing to get to me. I'm not naming any names so I'm not trying to demolish anyone. She's doesn't post here on this forum, but she's in the featured members forum. It's only been a short time and I don't know what to think, and when or how much to trust anyone. I respect all that give me respect and understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry, not trying to cause drama, just trying to get feedback.[/quote']

from my experience, the only time you can TRULY trust another human being is when you have their child chained to a radiator or a hot water heater in your dank windowless basement.

then they KNOW you mean business.

for example.

I went out on a couple dates with this lady.

things were going great, she laughed at all my jokes that I KNOW weren't that funny,

and I inturn listened intently to storys about her life that I had absolutely NO interest in.

we were a regular romeo and Juliet.

a sid and nancy.

a lewis and clark.

but after about 3 dates it was CLEAR things were going to be pushed up to a new level.

in preparation for this, I bathed thoroughly (obviously), I bought some new expensive cologne, I wore a VERY nice sport coat, AND I arrived at her house 2 hours early, when I knew she would still be at work, inorder to abduct her child and chain it in my seedy underground rape dungeon.

now, dont misinterpret me here.

I did NOT rape her child.

Its just that I only have 1 dungeon, and it happens to be a rape dungeon.

just because its primary use is rape, doesnt mean I cant use it for NORMAL kidnappings.

anyways..... dinner went great.

I spilled a little tomato sauce on my new shirt, there goes 40$ down the drain.

she seemed a little standoffish ..... couldent tell if this was due to the fact that I was a mess with a big red stain on my shirt, or if it was due to the fact that I had just informed her that her childs life was depending on how well this date went.

either way, I can tell you one thing for sure.

that woman was being COMPLETELY up front with me for the rest of the evening.

still, I wonder why she hasent called me back yet? things went great. we had lovely conversation (although to be honest, her banter seemed a little forced) and in the end she got her child back.

man that kid is a handful.... I mean 9 years old and it had pissed itself in the 4 hours we were gone.

psh.

long story short, abducting a loved one is a guaranteed way to get complete honesty out of a distant acquaintance.

although I am left wondering if she would have been so upfront with me if she had known how FULL my forrest grave yard really is.

hmm.

maybe I will ask her that when she calls me back.

good luck!

So' date=' everyone on here knows me for my photoshops. I not only post them here, but I've posted on youtube and I've told plenty of others who've passed on the word. So in other words, a lot of people know me for that. Now imagine if you were me....

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry, not trying to cause drama, just trying to get feedback.[/quote']

In my opinion you don't know anyone truly. But the best way to get to know a person is in person, and see how each reacts in a situation or with others.

In your case, i dont think what is being asked is too much, it is the internet afterall where people are driven by anonymity to do cowardly and downright wrong things, so asking for a little "proof" or ease of mind is fair.

I would say definitely take your time, i think talking in private message or emails should of been the next step, then photos, and then if all went well, real life meeting. But each to their own. I would just find it ridiculously hard to ever meet someone online, let alone a forum, but hey, like normal life, you need to take risks, a leap of faith or whatever you would like to call it, because thats the only time you will be rewarded, nothing is for free.

Thank you Dcent. Now how about my situation? How do I know you're not a smart' date=' witty 16 year old female?[/quote']

well.

for one, regardless of how witty a 16 year old female is they will NOT make jokes about abducting children and chaining them in a rape dungeon for 4 hours while you go out on a romantic date with their mom.

in all seriousness (and I only do this because I respect you) I do not know how to tell for sure how old a person is etc.

even if she sent you a picture it might not be her. or it might be her 5 years ago before "the accident"

you cant tell. it is the beauty of the internet.

the complete anonymity allows people like me to flex my creative wit without threat of repercussion (because my sense of humor would not play well with the people I surround myself with in real life)

BUT... it makes a real life meaningful connection very difficult.

I would say your choice of medium (internet) is flawed.

I would honestly recommend taking gardening courses at the local community college, meeting women in the grocery store. in real life.

BUT if you are uncomfortable with that I would say go for a dating website.

but be warned that you may be taken for a ride.

dont get suckered in. if she needs you to pay for her flight out to ________ to meet you then she is going to go home with everything in your bank account.

but I am NOT a computer friendly kind of guy.

I wish I had an answer for you.

but unless you can say "send me a picture of you holding up a piece of loose leaf paper with the words "GOOSE TUTOR" printed on it in red sharpie"

then I would not necessarily trust that she is the same person in reality as she claims to be in a picture.

Well for starters' date='

If you want to be trusted you need to take off that mask.

Who trusts anyone in a mask? ;)[/quote']

I did take off my mask and reveal what I looked like. I think that's where I went wrong....

In my opinion you don't know anyone truly. But the best way to get to know a person is in person' date=' and see how each reacts in a situation or with others.

[b']In your case, i dont think what is being asked is too much, it is the internet afterall where people are driven by anonymity to do cowardly and downright wrong things, so asking for a little "proof" or ease of mind is fair.[/b]

I would say definitely take your time, i think talking in private message or emails should of been the next step, then photos, and then if all went well, real life meeting. But each to their own. I would just find it ridiculously hard to ever meet someone online, let alone a forum, but hey, like normal life, you need to take risks, a leap of faith or whatever you would like to call it, because thats the only time you will be rewarded, nothing is for free.

Thank you. You see where I'm coming from. We had been PMing, but all I know is what she told me. So what does it take to believe someone before they give up on you for not believing them?

Well for starters' date='

If you want to be trusted you need to take off that mask.

Who trusts anyone in a mask? ;)[/quote']

I ONLY trust people in masks.

to reveal your natural face is akin to flashing your genitalia.

it is sick and wrong.

for me it is pig skin mask all the way.

Dang! And here I thought I was the only one.

Took me a while before I realized you just can't put your regular kidnapping victims in your dungeon because no matter how you try to explain they're gonna be ok... it's just that you only have one dungeon... they get scared and piss themselves.

I finally broke down and put in some of those nice Japanese paper wall partitions so the regular kidnap victims couldn't see all the stuff in the rest of the dungeon, these ones in fact, I still have the website bookmarked:

ori-SSCLCBLSS-Natural-L.jpg

Anyhoo, not only did it drastically reduce the pissing, I was also pleasantly surprised with how they lightened up the place.

well.

for one' date=' regardless of how witty a 16 year old female is they will NOT make jokes about abducting children and chaining them in a rape dungeon for 4 hours while you go out on a romantic date with their mom.

in all seriousness (and I only do this because I respect you) I do not know how to tell for sure how old a person is etc.

even if she sent you a picture it might not be her. or it might be her 5 years ago before "the accident"

the complete anonymity allows people like me to flex my creative wit without threat of repercussion (because my sense of humor would not play well with the people I surround myself with in real life)

I would honestly recommend taking gardening courses at the local community college, meeting women in the grocery store. in real life.

dont get suckered in. if she needs you to pay for her flight out to ________ to meet you then she is going to go home with everything in your bank account.

[b']but unless you can say "send me a picture of you holding up a piece of loose leaf paper with the words "GOOSE TUTOR" printed on it in red sharpie"

then I would not necessarily trust that she is the same person in reality as she claims to be in a picture[/b].

Thank you. Isn't that what BEG ended up doing? What happens if she says all the right things and sounds too good to be true? Do I keep going to see if she is for real? She didn't see my persepective....she gave up on what I thought. I felt I was only being cautious.

I would like to believe her, but there are so many things that are hard to believe. I'd feel bad if she was telling the truth about everything...but then again, she could be a he playing a crude joke that can go too far....

I hope she's reading this and understands more of where I'm coming from. If she can't see that, than I don't know what else to say.

I would say if she just came up to you out of the blue, and only posted to you... then it could be a set up.

But if she's been around a while, and you can tell she posts to a lot of people not just you... I would say you're on reasonable grounds to think she's for real. You would have to have a pretty motivated 'enemy' to create a long history on a forum with many members just in hopes they could pull one over on you.

So, if she's been a long time poster. Posts to other people in a consistent way that she does with you... I think the odds are in your favor.

Edit: oh, I forgot to add, "I think the odds are in your favor... and what's the worst that could happen really, you end up in dcent's basement? No one said love isn't without risk. ;)

BTW' date=' I slightly plagiarized you on the which 3 people would you take to an island thread.

Sorry, couldn't be helped.[/quote']

i will have to check it out.

edit: checked it out and I would not have even noticed.

a joke is a joke.

the copy paste(from UFCMMA) got me a little miffed, but what are you going to do right? its out there.

and besides, I honestly think UFCMMA got more positive responses to MY post because it wasnt me posting it.

good to get a different response to your work.

****ing UFCMMA has been straight copy pasting my post of toney knocking on randys door, randy in reading glasses gets KO'd, feces rubbed against the walls when the cops show up, 2 pics linked (1 of docs and 1 of ex's)

STRAIGHT COPY PASTA!

no worries.

I consider it flattery.

for now........

Dang! And here I thought I was the only one.

Took me a while before I realized you just can't put your regular kidnapping victims in your dungeon because no matter how you try to explain they're gonna be ok... it's just that you only have one dungeon... they get scared and piss themselves.

I finally broke down and put in some of those nice Japanese paper wall partitions so the regular kidnap victims couldn't see all the stuff in the rest of the dungeon' date=' these ones in fact, I still have the website bookmarked:

[img']http://www.ivgstores.com/prodimages-cdls/ori/ori-SSCLCBLSS-Natural-L.jpg[/img]

Anyhoo, not only did it drastically reduce the pissing, I was also pleasantly surprised with how they lightened up the place.

I might consider this.

it like EVERY SINGLE person I kidnap thinks "oh god, oh no, hes gonna rape me"

I mean gimme a break right?

just cause I am raping the kidnap victim chained to the radiator next to you doesnt necissarily mean I am ALSO going to rape you right?

I mean, there are ALOT of reasons to kidnap a person, its not all rape.

psh....

these kidnap victims.

sometimes you cant talk any sense into them before you rape them

its ****ing ridiculous the attitude some of these people have.

I would say if she just came up to you out of the blue' date=' and only posted to you... then it could be a set up.

But if she's been around a while, and you can tell she posts to a lot of people not just you... I would say you're on reasonable grounds to think she's for real. You would have to have a pretty motivated 'enemy' to create a long history on a forum with many members just in hopes they could pull one over on you.

So, if she's been a long time poster. Posts to other people in a consistent way that she does with you... I think the odds are in your favor.

Edit: oh, I forgot to add, "I think the odds are in your favor... and what's the worst that could happen really, you end up in dcent's basement? No one said love isn't without risk. ;)[/quote']

Thank you....

Yes, half of me thinks if she is for real, I'll feel very bad about it.....but the other half thinks if it was all a joke, then I'd feel worse....but I'd say games over, he/she wins. I can't be sure.

If she's reading this, please take all of what I said in this thread and what we've talked about into consideration. Real or not.

The fact that she won't have a bar of it anymore is ridiculous, if she can't see where you are coming from then id feel a little suspect about her to be honest. You are not asking for much, and anyone these days can see/understand your point of view.

Hey man, you have always been here for us so I want to help you too. I think you should propose Webcam conversations with voice and everything. There you can see if she's really a woman (or seems to be :) ) and how she reacts to what you say.

NOW, you can only Trust her completely if you meet her in person and spend quite some time with her.

Good luck my friend

On the internet i dont need to trust anyone. The people on here that i like and get on with could turn out to be people that i would despise if i met them, but on here where i communicate with them they are cool, so we get along.

It works both ways, the people who i dont like could be people who i would get on with well if i met them.

For example... the women of the forum. I dont care if there not really girls. There account is female so i treat them like females

We are communicating with accounts, not real people.

With your friends real life there is nothing more important than knowing who you can trust, who you can rely on, and who will be there when you need them.

Request to have a video chat with the dame.

I've not read everybody's post here, but if you want my true advice D.O. - tell the person in question, politely, to **** off!

Not worth the potential bull ****, mate. Or you could be throwing away the best opportunity in years away? Your call.....

Wow man that is deep and I just read your mind

In this case I woudl request a pic so that I knew who I was talking to. Also YOu can do a live chat like on camera or actually meet the person in real life. i do not think I would become to invloved until those things occured.

Wow man that is deep and I just read your mind

In this case I woudl request a pic so that I knew who I was talking to. Also YOu can do a live chat like on camera or actually meet the person in real life. i do not think I would become to invloved until those things occured.

Good call Cherokee, but these things can also be faked, no?

I dunno fella's, if you can't talk to them face2face (in the flesh) I wouldn't trust them. Even this could be a decoy, man I'm paranoid :eek:. Best solution, tell them to **** off, politely.

Good call Cherokee' date=' but these things can also be faked, no?

I dunno fella's, if you can't talk to them face2face (in the flesh) I wouldn't trust them. Even this could be a decoy, man I'm paranoid :eek:. Best solution, tell them to **** off, politely.[/quote']

heheeh

YOu are right, it msut be a meeting face to face. It would really suck to fall in love with an internet screen name to only later find out it was a hoax:eek:

well.

for one' date=' regardless of how witty a 16 year old female is they will NOT make jokes about abducting children and chaining them in a rape dungeon for 4 hours while you go out on a romantic date with their mom.

but unless you can say "send me a picture of you holding up a piece of loose leaf paper with the words "GOOSE TUTOR" printed on it in red sharpie"

then I would not necessarily trust that she is the same person in reality as she claims to be in a picture.[/quote']

This for sure. The internet should not be regarded as a medium for fulfilling relationships. If you are keen on using the net, it's best to at least hit up a reputable dating site. But even that's no guarantee.

Trust can only truly be gained through legitimate face to face contact. So the means (internet) to establishing the face to face relationship might work, but it is no way a measure of trustworthiness itself.

You can't trust anyone but yourself in this life, human nature makes it mandatory that we use people for our own benefit, or even just for the fun of it. I don't even trust people in person, much less over the internet, honestly you have no way of telling who this person is. You seem like genuinely a cool person, very easy going, but over the the internet is just wrong in my opinion. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but these are completely my views and not necessarily reality.

Disclaimer: I am a terribly Jaded and guarded individual, only thing is I have learned from my mistakes and I ain't never going be vulnerble again.

Here's a :P:p:p just to ligthen the mood though.:P

from my experience' date=' the only time you can TRULY trust another human being is when you have their child chained to a radiator or a hot water heater in your dank windowless basement.

for example.

things were going great, she laughed at all my jokes that I KNOW weren't that funny,

and I inturn listened intently to storys about her life that I had absolutely NO interest in.

a sid and nancy.

a lewis and clark.

but after about 3 dates it was CLEAR things were going to be pushed up to a new level.

in preparation for this, I bathed thoroughly (obviously), I bought some new expensive cologne, I wore a VERY nice sport coat, AND I arrived at her house 2 hours early, when I knew she would still be at work, inorder to abduct her child and chain it in my seedy underground rape dungeon.

just because its primary use is rape, doesnt mean I cant use it for NORMAL kidnappings.

she seemed a little standoffish ..... couldent tell if this was due to the fact that I was a mess with a big red stain on my shirt, or if it was due to the fact that I had just informed her that her childs life was depending on how well this date went.

still, I wonder why she hasent called me back yet? things went great. we had lovely conversation (although to be honest, her banter seemed a little forced) and in the end she got her child back.

man that kid is a handful.... I mean 9 years old and it had pissed itself in the 4 hours we were gone.

psh.

long story short, abducting a loved one is a guaranteed way to get complete honesty out of a distant acquaintance.

although I am left wondering if she would have been so upfront with me if she had known how FULL my forrest grave yard really is.

hmm.

good luck![/quote']

This is one of the funniest things I have read on here. Dcent your one crazy dude!

Thank you....

Yes' date=' half of me thinks if she is for real, I'll feel very bad about it.....but the other half thinks if it was all a joke, then I'd feel worse....but I'd say games over, he/she wins. I can't be sure.

If she's reading this, please take all of what I said in this thread and what we've talked about into consideration. Real or not.[/quote']

Maybe set up a windows live messenger meeting with web cam.

I think someone mentioned that.

That could be a good next step.

IMO - trust is developed over a very long period of time. It takes me a looooong time to truly trust someone, based upon them earning it.

One thing is for certain though, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. If you know someone long enough, you can typically make an informed decision as to whether to trust them or not.

IMO - trust is developed over a very long period of time. It takes me a looooong time to truly trust someone' date=' based upon them earning it.

One thing is for certain though, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. If you know someone long enough, you can typically make an informed decision as to whether to trust them or not.[/quote']

Even on a forum?

I am not convinced of that' date=' no way.[/quote']

Convinced of what - I personally don't think true trust can be attained on a forum. I am kinda big on actually knowing the person in real life first, and even then, it takes a long time to trust.

That being said - there are varying levels of trust as well.

I thought you were asking if it takes a long time even on a forum...this is what I said yes to, if you are even ever inclined to trust someone you have never met.

Convinced of what - I personally don't think true trust can be attained on a forum. I am kinda big on actually knowing the person in real life first' date=' and even then, it takes a long time to trust.

That being said - there are varying levels of trust as well.

I thought you were asking if it takes a long time even on a forum...this is what I said yes to, if you are even ever inclined to trust someone you have never met.[/quote']

I would agree with this, there are alot of people on here and other forums i go on who i like and i think seem to be good people but i can't honestly say that this amounts to a real trust in them.

In saying that i could probably count on one hand the amount of people i completely trust.

Straight from the hip Doc, I wouldn't trust anyone from an internet forum on a situation like this without further confirmation. As someone said, a video chat at a bare minimum.

Especially this internet forum with the bunch of ****s that troll this place on a regular basis.

But then again, my wife has told me numerous times I have trust issues. Other than my immediate family I fully trust no one (and I have 1 sister I'm not totally sold on).

Straight from the hip Doc' date=' I wouldn't trust anyone from an internet forum on a situation like this without further confirmation. As someone said, a video chat at a bare minimum.

Especially this internet forum with the bunch of ****s that troll this place on a regular basis.

But then again, my wife has told me numerous times I have trust issues. Other than my immediate family I fully trust no one (and I have 1 sister I'm not totally sold on).[/quote']

I don't trust even my immediate family a 100%, sounds wrong aye, but its true. People can become/are so weak to things such as money/greed and addiction, and these days honor and pride are not valued as before, you can not trust anyone anymore.

With that being said, i trust and love my family the most, by a long way, its definitely 99.9% but never 100%!

doc, if you can't find love in your everyday life try a dating website. you're from houston correct? there has to be a ton of singles from there that are in the same situation you are. i personally don't trust the internets. hell, look at all the stupid **** that i say. is it true? you don't know, i do.

doc, stop trying to find love on an mma website. i guarantee you start looking at dating websites you will find a helluva lot more people you have more in common with.

but hey, this is coming from a guy who got taken for everything by a stripper. twice.

I think a lot of what has been said here is very wise. Time, my friend. It takes time to become friends in the physical world, so it makes sense that it will take time on the internet as well. It takes time to build trust, for both people.

At the old TUF forum, a young man and a young lady met on there. They exchanged messages, then phone calls, etc... over a period of time... and they are going to be married in a couple months. That didn't happen in a few weeks or months, but over time.

I can also tell you that I have had some trust issues, but in taking time to get to know people on the old TUF forum, on a private forum and on here, that I have made some good friends and some of them I have met in person. For example.. I took a holiday with my wife and son and we travelled 2500 km to meet a respected and loved member of the old TUF forum. My wife and I have become very good friends with this couple.

Also, we were on the coast this past April, and Brewster came down, picked us up and took us to his house for pizza and UFC ppv. This weekend, if things work out Kang and I will be meeting up with another member of this forum.

Different levels of trust... take things REALLY slow. Don't rush anything. Maybe you make a good friend in the real world... maybe more... maybe less... but have patience my friend.

from my experience' date=' the only time you can TRULY trust another human being is when you have their child chained to a radiator or a hot water heater in your dank windowless basement.

for example.

a sid and nancy.

a lewis and clark.

psh.

hmm.

good luck![/quote']

Dcent, as much as ive **** talked you in the past for being a liberal pantywaist this was absolutely hysterical. We have like the same sense of humor, I now apologize to you sir for my insults and whatnot since I have found some common ground with you.

if you want to kno if you can trust her than get to truly know her.

ask about her and her life. once you know a lil more about her than ask for her number whether its to text or talk. but if u talk than ul know. and take it from there my friend

Archived