Why do you hate Brock Lesnar?

Labyrinthic

Don't hate him at all. He's a talented athlete who hates to lose and has a fierce competitive nature. His genetic freakishness is matched only by his desire to further learn and improve day after day. He is the best, and with his attitude and work ethic he can stay there for a long, long time. I respect all of these things.

Don't hate him at all. He's a talented athlete who hates to lose and has a fierce competitive nature. His genetic freakishness is matched only by his desire to further learn and improve day after day. He is the best' date=' and with his attitude and work ethic he can stay there for a long, long time. I respect all of these things.[/quote']

Can't really argue with any of that. Like BJ Penn though, he is a fighter I can't stand but who you would have to be retarded to deny their talent. Brock will definitely be hard to beat, but his attitude is horrible and he's just generally an immature moron. He showed some heart and toughness against Carwin but I believe Carwin will be back and he will be the man to dethrone Brock.

I will give him this, he has improved his behavior since his shameful display after beating Mir, and I hope he can continue to learn some humility, but I also suspect that when he does eventually get beaten again, he will go back to the crybaby WWE caveman.

He's a talented fighter no doubt and before the Frank Mir post-fight incident the only problem I had with him was I thought he got the title shot too early and he was being babied in the UFC. People try to defend him by saying "Oh look at all this good competition he's getting so early in his career, hes been thrown into the shark tank etc etc."

I believe any fighter would absolutely love the opportunity he has had. He got a Co-main event in his first fight in the UFC. That's why I laugh when people say look at who he has fought in his first five fights. I guarantee you other fighters would love to have had the chance to fight those guys in their first few fights and I bet plenty would have dominated just as Brock has.

I will give him credit for being tough though he took an onslaught from Carwin and did what a champion does and found a way to win plus, he was very humble and respectful afterwards. So, I tip my hat to him for that and if he keeps that kind of attitude my opinion of him may change even though I do wanna see him get destroyed just one time in a fight than my dislike of him will be gone for good.

Randy got his title shot after 4 fights as well,and everyone loves him

i just think people are blinded by the fact he was in the WWE witch is stupid considering

his wrestling back ground,all Brock has to do is improve his striking and he will be very hard to beat

I like fighters with different body types & from different countries & backgrounds..I like the problems they have to deal with,with each fight from size & fighting styles..Its kinda like the old video game Punch-Out,you have people from all over the world in MMA..Oh & every time I see the Hendo Bisping fight,I think of the sound it makes when you knock an opponent down in Punch-Out..Beow Beow Beeeow,and I don't know why..

He is disrespectful.

This is a fighting organization. You're allowed to say whatever you want. If he were disrespectful and still lost fights, I could see where you're coming from. But as the champ, you can talk as much **** as you want until someone proves you wrong.

Also, he's going to be less disrespectful from now on, so your opinion of him may change over time.

Brock showed after his first loss that he wasn't the best loser... he wasn't happy in defeat... hey... most of us aren't.

After beating Heath Herring... Lesnar tried to ride him like a horse and made gestures that weren't exactly respectful.

After beating Couture, he was filled with good emotions and paid some respect.

After dominating Mir... he got into his face and simply said "TALK YOUR **** NOW"

He didn't say "F, the fans" or "F this sport" he simply let his anger/emotions get the best of him in a sport where he wasn't given a lot of credit for his wrestling abilities.

I can't imagine how it would feel if you had half an arena booing you or chanting "Stand them up" while he was in complete control of the fight dominating Frank Mir. (The same guy who talked so much crap on Lesnar but was in front of his home town audience)

After his illess, he came back and showed that he was a new and more humbled champion... the kind everyone wants to see but put a guy like Frank Mir who can talks like Michael Bisping in front of Lesnar again... let him run his mouth and you'll probably see the same reaction...

Who's fault is that?

Get rid of the Frank Mir one and change it too him just being downright disrespectful and that is what i would pick. He definitely didn't deserve a title shot so soon' date=' but i wont hate him for that, just think Dana is a ****.[/quote']

Downright disrespectfull? Care to explain ?

to the person who stated that they don't like lesnar because he got a title shot to soon remember this. Anderson Silva got a title shot on his second fight!

Anderson was a proven world class fighter before he came to the ufc.

chonan-1.gif

After dominating Mir... he got into his face and simply said "TALK YOUR **** NOW"

He didn't say "F' date=' the fans" or "F this sport" he simply let his anger/emotions get the best of him in a sport where he wasn't given a lot of credit for his wrestling abilities.

I can't imagine how it would feel if you had half an arena booing you or chanting "Stand them up" while he was in complete control of the fight dominating Frank Mir. (The same guy who talked so much crap on Lesnar but was in front of his home town audience)

After his illess, he came back and showed that he was a new and more humbled champion... the kind everyone wants to see but put a guy like Frank Mir who can talks like Michael Bisping in front of Lesnar again... let him run his mouth and you'll probably see the same reaction...

Who's fault is that?[/quote']

Dominating yeah, but wasn't the roles reversed in their first fight. Mir "dominating Lesnar in less than two minutes, I think so. Brock should not have been so disrespectful because Mir already had a win on him and eventually they have to fight again! BJ gets his rematch right away, but not Mir that's some BS.:)

bj-part2.gif

He didn't say "F' date=' the fans" or "F this sport" he simply let his anger/emotions get the best of him in a sport where he wasn't given a lot of credit for his wrestling abilities.[/quote']

He said exactly that when he flipped off the crowd and insulted his organizations main sponsor.

Truth is he is kinda growing on me, like toe fungus. He showed humility, some skillset development, and a good bit of testicular fortitude in his last fight. His earlier career antics, including the constant referral to himself in the third person (GOD I hate that) really turned me off personally and his obvious lack of a complete MMA game made it worse, but he has grown up a little bit, both in his abilities and his mentallity.

We will see where he goes from here, but he is starting to make me root for him.

But I still hate that giant phallic symbol on his chest.

Truth is he is kinda growing on me' date=' like toe fungus. He showed humility, some skillset development, and a good bit of testicular fortitude in his last fight. His earlier career antics, including the constant referral to himself in the third person (GOD I hate that) really turned me off personally and his obvious lack of a complete MMA game made it worse, but he has grown up a little bit, both in his abilities and his mentallity.

We will see where he goes from here, but he is starting to make me root for him.

But I still hate that giant phallic symbol on his chest.[/quote']

He earned some respect from me as well, as long as he remembers that he is a ufc fighter and not a pro wrestler he will erase the stains of his early career. The third person talking his the first of embarrassing habits from his wwe career that he needs to lose.

Hating him because he got a title shot so early really just isn't fair. He didn't CHOOSE for that to happen people, if it's put in your face, offered on a silver platter, whose going to turn that down? I mean seriously, hate Dana White for that.

As for the disrespectful, as they teach you in kindergarden, which I think some of you may not have attended, treat others the way you wish to be treated. Thus Frank Mir starts talking crap before, thus Lesnar retaliates with his overemotional self. Considering he's so new to MMA and his life style he's had over the years, it's understandable how he would take much more to heart as he's never been in such situations.

And just to throw out there, with the Carwin fight and him in the feeble position. How many times in his life, considering he's only had a few fights, has he had many experiences getting hit in the face like that? It's just a flinch, as anyone who hasn't had years and years of fighting experience would do. Give him maybe 2 years and I guarentee you'll see his standing game evolve, and start evasively standing and trading.

Just my 2 cents.

Hating him because he got a title shot so early really just isn't fair. He didn't CHOOSE for that to happen people' date=' if it's put in your face, offered on a silver platter, whose going to turn that down? I mean seriously, hate Dana White for that.

As for the disrespectful, as they teach you in kindergarden, which I think some of you may not have attended, treat others the way you wish to be treated. Thus Frank Mir starts talking crap before, thus Lesnar retaliates with his overemotional self. Considering he's so new to MMA and his life style he's had over the years, it's understandable how he would take much more to heart as he's never been in such situations.

And just to throw out there, with the Carwin fight and him in the feeble position. How many times in his life, considering he's only had a few fights, has he had many experiences getting hit in the face like that? It's just a flinch, as anyone who hasn't had years and years of fighting experience would do. Give him maybe 2 years and I guarentee you'll see his standing game evolve, and start evasively standing and trading.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote']

+1

to the person who stated that they don't like lesnar because he got a title shot to soon remember this. Anderson Silva got a title shot on his second fight!

Anderson had an impressive resume before his debute in the UFC, he didn't really earn it but it was gonna happen sooner then later. Lesnar got it because he is popular.

Simply he is disrespectful of other fighters.

Yes he showed some class for the first time ever after beating Carwin but you have to wonder if that was simply because Carwin smashed the hell out of him before he walked away with the belt.

I didn?t like his riod past, but I consider him clean now.

Title shot, Maybe if he lost it would be different but if you leave with the belt I don?t see how you can say he could his shot to early, yes maybe some other fighter got rorted

But I don't hate anyone so I didn't vote

He showed ... some skillset development' date='[/quote']

Really what?

All I saw was a chin nothing more.

I do think he is a scarier champion after that fight but not because of anything he did but what he didn't do ie go to sleep after getting whacked by Carwin.

Archived