Couture > Tony in MMA striking

Ataraxia

I dont understand where all this Tony will demolish him standing up bullcrap. There is only one element that Randy has to look out for and its the counter punch to the endless barrage of leg kicks that he will do to cripple Tony.

Look back at the Renzo Gracie fight with Matt Hughes. Renzo has delt with leg kicks and training against them for his entire mma career. Tony wont even have half the rusty leg defence that Renzo had.

Randy by Takedown via Leg kicks to GnP

I dont understand where all this Tony will demolish him standing up bullcrap. There is only one element that Randy has to look out for and its the counter punch to the endless barrage of leg kicks that he will do to cripple Tony.

Look back at the Renzo Gracie fight with Matt Hughes. Renzo has delt with leg kicks and training against them for his entire mma career. Tony wont even have half the rusty leg defence that Renzo had.

LOL......wow.

Randy has never been know to be a good kicker. Toney has fast hands and could easily clip couture before he lands a kick.

Randy will double leg him and pound him out.

James Toney is being over hyped. I've been studying his fights since the announcement was made that he'd be fighting Randy, and honestly, I don't see anything Toney has to offer MMA. His boxing style won't adapt to MMA, he'll be kicked, knee'd, and taken down. I can't wait to see the first TKO on his record to be in MMA.

Randy has never been know to be a good kicker. Toney has fast hands and could easily clip couture before he lands a kick.

Randy will double leg him and pound him out.

hughes too wasn't known to be a good kicker .. but he trained to literally kick the hell outta renzo .. with that being said , randy's gonna literally kick james's lead leg then go for the double .. or combinations first then the double ..

hughes too wasn't known to be a good kicker .. but he trained to literally kick the hell outta renzo .. with that being said ' date=' randy's gonna literally kick james's lead leg then go for the double .. or combinations first then the double ..[/quote']

If slow old Randy tries to kick his legs it will look like Marquardt vs Maia.

I don't think Randy will stand and trade with Toney at all. Why even give him a chance to catch him. Randy is just going to faint like he is going to stand and then close the distance and take him down. Guys who trained MMA for years can't stop Randy's double...I just don't think he will even bother with trying to prove a point. His main focus will be TD's and subs...he wont take Tony out with kicks though.

Archived