Why do you think there has been an increase in globalization in recent years?

Jerkwadd562

I know that this is completely off topic but i think this is very important.... Ok so we have been having this debate in my Global Economy class.... and well i think its got to do with consumer demand and the rapid advancement in technology has driven globalization exponentially over the last three decades. With the introduction of the internet, we as a society have quickly created a new medium of trade never seen by previous generations. Where almost all first world countries the average consumer has access to products and services anywhere in the world, all from the comfort of their couch. Competitiveness in the market place has never been higher due to the plethora of options available to most consumers. This competition has forced businesses to evolve and rethink how they operate, hence the major outsourcing of the 1980’s and 90’s. And now, an example of globalization we a have a nation that only a little under 20 years ago was once thought by most economist to be a third world, China has risen to be the worlds 2nd largest economy.....So what do you think?

I know that this is completely off topic but i think this is very important.... Ok so we have been having this debate in my Global Economy class.... and well i think its got to do with consumer demand and the rapid advancement in technology has driven globalization exponentially over the last three decades. With the introduction of the internet' date=' we as a society have quickly created a new medium of trade never seen by previous generations. Where almost all first world countries the average consumer has access to products and services anywhere in the world, all from the comfort of their couch. Competitiveness in the market place has never been higher due to the plethora of options available to most consumers. This competition has forced businesses to evolve and rethink how they operate, hence the major outsourcing of the 1980?s and 90?s. And now, an example of globalization we a have a nation that only a little under 20 years ago was once thought by most economist to be a third world, China has risen to be the worlds 2nd largest economy.....[b']So what do you think?[/b]

It's called capitalism, and it has no boundaries. Combined with a booming world population, and a half-assed economic system, it was bound to happen.

I know that this is completely off topic but i think this is very important.... Ok so we have been having this debate in my Global Economy class.... and well i think its got to do with consumer demand and the rapid advancement in technology has driven globalization exponentially over the last three decades. With the introduction of the internet' date=' we as a society have quickly created a new medium of trade never seen by previous generations. Where almost all first world countries the average consumer has access to products and services anywhere in the world, all from the comfort of their couch. Competitiveness in the market place has never been higher due to the plethora of options available to most consumers. This competition has forced businesses to evolve and rethink how they operate, hence the major outsourcing of the 1980?s and 90?s. And now, an example of globalization we a have a nation that only a little under 20 years ago was once thought by most economist to be a third world, China has risen to be the worlds 2nd largest economy.....[b']So what do you think?[/b]

Nice topic man. In the end it will all comes down to money. Who sells the cheapest will have the advantage.

As you can see, consumer nowadays are very demanding. 20 years ago consumer focus on the Brand name and if which country manufactures the said product. Now consumer check only the price.

Nice topic man. In the end it will all comes down to money. Who sells the cheapest will have the advantage.

As you can see' date=' consumer nowadays are very demanding. 20 years ago consumer focus on the Brand name and if which country manufactures the said product. Now consumer check only the price.[/quote']

20 years ago you ould still buy something that was half assed decent.

Everything today is crap.

Thats the big secret.

As you can see' date=' consumer nowadays are very demanding. 20 years ago consumer focus on the Brand name and if which country manufactures the said product. Now consumer check only the price.[/quote']

yeah i agree with you its all about the money and since the cost of outsourcing to China is relatively inexpensive it has become a common decision for many businesses all over the world, allowing the Chinese economy to grow at a rapid rate.

China's greatest resource is its human resource. Because of their population size, they are able to produce goods much cheaper than anywhere else in the advanced world. That plus their intellectual prowress, have allowed them to become the world's second largest economy basically. In terms of globalization, besides the many technical advancements such as the internet, e-banking etc, many countries have followed the US's lead and liberated almost all barriers to trade, making it easier for foreign companies to enter markets they previously could not and set up shop. So you now have many multi national companies all over the world, but with the parent company based in one of the giants, Germany, Asia, US.

2 things,

Increased ease and speed of communication across the globe.

Growing numbers of accountants. This leads to globalisation, sourcing the cheapest and best materials from the whole world. Engineers would use the best, accountants use the cheapest they can get away with.

Archived