Fighters Who Lost You

joshdfs

Rashad and Rampage.

Still love Rampage, he's just too funny not to like, but as fighters, these guys talked so much smack leading up to the fight that I as a fan expected to see them try to kill eachother when they finally met in the octagon.

What resulted, is to this day, and probably will remain until the end of time, the most disappointing fight of all time!

Rashad and Rampage.

Still love Rampage' date=' he's just too funny not to like, but as fighters, these guys talked so much smack leading up to the fight that I as a fan expected to see them try to kill eachother when they finally met in the octagon.

[b']

What resulted, is to this day, and probably will remain until the end of time, the most disappointing fight of all time![/b]

I have to agree with the bolded part!

Rashad and Rampage.

Still love Rampage' date=' he's just too funny not to like, but as fighters, these guys talked so much smack leading up to the fight that I as a fan expected to see them try to kill eachother when they finally met in the octagon.

What resulted, is to this day, and probably will remain until the end of time, the most disappointing fight of all time![/quote']

I gotta think that with there being a title shot on the line, they both fought more cautiously.

So let it go to a judges decision?

They hyped that fight up as being the biggest grudge match in UFC history, being fought by two guys with great stand up, who wanted to hurt eachother!

There was no evidence of this in the fight what so ever!

So let it go to a judges decision?

They hyped that fight up as being the biggest grudge match in UFC history' date=' being fought by two guys with great stand up, who wanted to hurt eachother!

There was no evidence of this in the fight what so ever![/quote']

Lol you're right. I like both fighters so I half-**** try to defend that fight.

Lol you're right. I like both fighters so I half-**** try to defend that fight.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like both fighters too, obviously I prefer Rampage, but mostly because he's the funniest guy in MMA, well, maybe after Joe Rogan :P

But what happened in that fight was beyond disappointing. It had all the makings of being an outright slug fest, but in reality, it was just a hug fest.

Brock Lesnar for sure. When he first came to the UFC I was like this will be interesting. I wasn't bothered by the fact that he got a co-main event in his first UFC fight because he did have a huge fan base from WWE and was quite popular plus he was very humble in defeat in a fight that he was dominating in.

But then he got his undeserved title shot which was a "eh" moment for me I didn't think it was right but, oh well let's see how he holds himself as champion and of course he made a complete fool of himself post Frank Mir rematch which made me dislike him completely. If it wasn't for those things I probably would be a Lesnar fan.

Brock Lesnar for sure. When he first came to the UFC I was like this will be interesting. I wasn't bothered by the fact that he got a co-main event in his first UFC fight because he did have a huge fan base from WWE and was quite popular plus he was very humble in defeat in a fight that he was dominating in.

But then he got his undeserved title shot which was a "eh" moment for me I didn't think it was right but' date=' oh well let's see how he holds himself as champion and of course he made a complete fool of himself post Frank Mir rematch which made me dislike him completely. If it wasn't for those things I probably would be a Lesnar fan.[/quote']

So it was alright for Frank Mir to talk all the crap that he did, but it's not alright for Lesnar to get in his face?

Come on.. talk about double-standards.

Mir deserved everything he got from Lesnar.. and so did the idiotic fans who were booing him for reasons they don't even understand.

Kimbo, you guys may laugh but i had high hopes with him. That Seth Petruzelli fight was a hoax. I used to watch Kimbo on Youtube and he let a another large black man tee off with huge punches. He hit Kimbo like 3 times and Kimbo said "thats all *****? This ***** over. Then knocked the guys eye out. I thought kimbo would do good but his knee just failed him.

So it was alright for Frank Mir to talk all the crap that he did' date=' but it's not alright for Lesnar to get in his face?

Mir deserved everything he got from Lesnar.. and so did the idiotic fans who were booing him for reasons they don't even understand.[/quote']

you couldnt of said it better.

Kimbo' date=' you guys may laugh but i had high hopes with him. That Seth Petruzelli fight was a hoax. I used to watch Kimbo on Youtube and he let a another large black man tee off with huge punches. He hit Kimbo like 3 times and Kimbo said "thats all *****? This ***** over. Then knocked the guys eye out. I thought kimbo would do good but his knee just failed him.[/quote']

If the Houston Alexander that fought Jardine turned up for his fight with Kimbo, that would have been an awesome slug fest, and my money would have been on Houston all day. Such a shame, for me, after Rampage and Rashad, this was the most disappointing fight in UFC history.

Both had all the promise of being classic stand up wars, neither delivered, not even to be entertaining fights.

If the Houston Alexander that fought Jardine turned up for his fight with Kimbo' date=' that would have been an awesome slug fest, and my money would have been on Houston all day. Such a shame, for me, after Rampage and Rashad, this was the most disappointing fight in UFC history.

Both had all the promise of being classic stand up wars, neither delivered, not even to be entertaining fights.[/quote']

It might be common sense to throw leg kicks at someone who is not used to him but on TUF Kimbo revealed his knee problem

It might be common sense to throw leg kicks at someone who is not used to him but on TUF Kimbo revealed his knee problem

I really don't get why Houston was so tentative in that fight. Ok, he had a few losses previous to his fight with Kimbo, and got outstruck on his feet twice, but I genuinely do believe that he has the better striking against Kimbo. Perhaps it was self doubt, or something else.

I've gotta say, having followed MMA since the very first UFC, and having watched many different promotions, this was one of the few fights where my spidey sense was tingling that perhaps something wasn't right.

Part of it might just be that I really wanted Houston to do well, because when you hear about his life outside the UFC, it's hard not to feel for the guy, and want him to do well, plus his comeback in his debut fight in the UFC against Jardine was awesome!

I really respect Kimbo for training his **** off like he did to get on TUF, and even since TUF, and he's come such a long way, but Houston could have mauled him in that fight, and I'll probably never understand why he didn't.

BJ Penn.

I liked him up to about 3 weeks ago ish.

his run up to this fight has been embarrasing at best.

win or lose he will always be daddys little girl. and when daddys little girl doesnt get her pony, she crys and whines.

BJ will win me back when he loses a fight, and makes no excuses.

So it was alright for Frank Mir to talk all the crap that he did' date=' but it's not alright for Lesnar to get in his face?

Mir deserved everything he got from Lesnar.. and so did the idiotic fans who were booing him for reasons they don't even understand.[/quote']

What Frank did was pre-fight talk and let's be honest probably the most disrespectful thing he said was the arm wrestling comment.

The "this isn't WWE thing" was his trainers not him. He was just doing combat sports 101 try to get in your opponent's head to fight with emotions to make mistakes in the fight. When a fight is over and done with there is no reason to do what Brock did this isn't personal street fighting it's martial arts it's one thing to say stuff before the fight a totally different level of disrespect to do what he did after the fight.

I'm in no way using double standards I'm not a fan of any fighter that has done what Brock has or similar in nature. (Paul Daley for example)

Paulo Thiago, He was my favorite and I thought he was just gonna tear right threw all the welter weights and become champion and then he just got dismantled by Martin Kampmann. He hasn't lost me as a fan but it was just disappointing to see the guy who I thought would become the next champ just get outpointed for 15 minutes

In contrast to the Fighters Who Won You Over thread' date=' this is for fighters that have lost you as a fan....

For me it is Hendo, Fitch, KJ Noons[/quote']

Just wondering how KJ Noons lost you? His last fight was amazing, probably one of the best KO' I've ever seen. Yes the punch after the bell was wrong but I think he was already in motion.

After the Hirota fight' date=' it's hard to stay fan of a man like that.[/quote']

Yea his antics after the fight was pretty lame. I let it slide with him though, his submissions are by far the best in mma.

Also, what do you have against cung lee, I can't get enough of him.

best video of him ever

Yea his antics after the fight was pretty lame. I let it slide with him though' date=' his submissions are by far the best in mma.

Also, what do you have against cung lee, I can't get enough of him.

best video of him ever[/quote']

I used to like Le before MMA. Once he made his MMA debut and the Le Bandwagon started, I seriously started to dislike him. He had one fight in MMA and people thought he would be the next UFC champion.

i was never a fan of Leben or Sonnen but Leben won me over with his heart and winning 2 fights in two weeks and he was underdog in both and for Sonnen i thought he had no chance, but he went in ther and did what he said he was gunna do for 4.5 rounds and i respect that

Lost- Rampage and Sanchez ill still watch there fights but they used to be some of my favs

Archived