UFC 121 - HW Championship: Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez

Double_Tap

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as would like to see Brock get beatdown (again!), i think he'll win via TKO first or second round.

I will say though, so i don't get flamed, i do have more respect for Brock as a person and as a fighter from the way he handled himself after the Carwin fight.

Only way this fight goes to round 5 is if Cain manages to avoid the takedowns and just runs around the ring picking his shots and winning a decision. I got Brock by tko, hmmmm He surprised everyone last time by getting a submission so.... Il say he wins by knocking Cain down with a punch and then ground and pounding him til the ref stops it

Most likely: Brock Lesnar knocks or takes Cain down and swarms him resulting in a TKO

2nd: Cain Velasques keeps the fight standing for 5 rounds and wins a reasonable decision

3rd: Cain finds a kink in the armor and hits Brock in the chin for the TKO/KO win.

4th: Brock Knocks or takes Cain down and lays on him for 5 rounds for the win.

5th: Brock's long powerful Dhalsim arm bangs Cain in the head and Knocks him out like Randy Couture.

As good of a Wrestler Cain is, I think Brock can get 1 takedown every 5 mintues at least, I don't think Cain can take Brock down (unless it's by wobbling his lets). I think Cain will outstrike Brock, but I don't think he has the hands or the power to lay a finishing shot. I think Brock is too hard to get off you when he's on top of you even for Cain Velasquez.

I'm excited for this fight because I really think any of the results I've listed is fairly viable. I give Lesnar the edge, but not by a landslide. It will be really interesting to see what happens.

Round 1

Brock pushes Cain against the cage and works for a takedown. Halfway through the round he gets it and pounds on Cains face until the bell rings and the ref stops them.

Round 2

Cain comes out with his face bleeding slightly and tries to stick and run around Brock. Eventually Brock cuts him off and gets him against the cage again. Brock and Cain show piss poor dirty boxing until Brock gets the takedown again. Brock pounds Cain out from half guard for a TKO.

Round 1

Brock pushes Cain against the cage and works for a takedown. Halfway through the round he gets it and pounds on Cains face until the bell rings and the ref stops them.

Round 2

Cain comes out with his face bleeding slightly and tries to stick and run around Brock. Eventually Brock cuts him off and gets him against the cage again. Brock and Cain show piss poor dirty boxing until Brock gets the takedown again. Brock pounds Cain out from half guard for a TKO.

I totally agree.

carwin is the worst out of the top 4(being lesnar, carwin, jds, and cain)

followed up by cain and JDS and for sure Lesnar on top.

But i think cain is best suited to beat lesnar. Lesnars standup is embarassing. And i think he will be too big and slow for cain. He will be explosive for his size, but it wont last with the tempo velasquez will push.

I think cain will jon fitch him for 2-3 rounds, and once lesnar is worn out, he will just work him sonnen style for 2 more rounds. coasting out to a UD win.

I think Lesnars size doesnt suit 5 round fight. and i think cain is good enough to avoid getting squashed in the first 2 and will just cling to a leg. even if he gets thrown off like a child, he will jump right back onto it. and itll wear the big man out.

My worry is that cain goes for a takedown early, lesnar can just power choke him, or hammer fist the side of his head which might daze him.

Either Lesnar wins by being a big thug in the first 2 rounds, or velasquez outclasses him.

Im going with outclassing. i have been on fire with predictions lately, and im going with my gut and brain on this one.

CAIN UD

People around here think Brock has bad cardio. It is really unfounded. He went 3 rounds against Herring and was still fresh at the end of the fight. That was 3 fights ago, his cardio is more then likely going to be even better in this fight.

I said this a wild ago, Brock's striking is the wild card in this fight. Brock likes to try and stike with his opponent. He has had the right people in his training camp and i think people are not giving them enough credit. Brock's striking will be 100% more acurate this fight and he will not ball up when getting hit in the face.

This fight is going to be interesting. If Brock wins i would not like to be the dude fighting him next. This fight is going to be hard for Brock, he will be putting alot of new things into practice. Next fight he will probably have very respectable hands.

I am quite sure that Brock will win' date=' probably TKO in the second round.

The question for me is will this win solidify Brock as the greatest heavyweight of all time? Or will we still get people saying that he has no skill and doesn't deserve it?[/quote']

Slow down. If he beats Cain, JDS and Carwin in a rematch we can start talking GOAT of the HWs. He is proving to be a very good HW right now with only room for improvement. But right now, without a doubt Fedor is the GOAT.

Slow down. If he beats Cain' date=' JDS and Carwin in a rematch we can start talking GOAT of the HWs. He is proving to be a very good HW right now with only room for improvement. But right now, without a doubt Fedor is the GOAT.[/quote']

Yeah i am a MASSIVE Brock Lesnar fan, but he would need to defend the title 3 more times before we can call him GOAT HW.

As much as would like to see Brock get beatdown (again!)' date=' i think he'll win via TKO first or second round.

I will say though, so i don't get flamed, i do have more respect for Brock as a person and as a fighter from the way he handled himself after the Carwin fight.[/quote']

Again the MAIN reason for the talk after the Mir fight was MUR!!! He's a d***!

Ive got Lesnar by TKO at the end of the 2nd.

Cain will be able to class him on the feet for a little while and Brock will probably play along. I think after a few good shots tho Lesnar will go for the takedown, do the hanky panky and rearrange Cains face a little.

Cain is no Carwin. I expect Brock to come in a little heavier and stronger then he did Vs Carwin. He's also coming off a big win. TD's won't be at will, but they are sure to come. Size/power difference tells me Cain will not be getting up once he's on his back.

LOL at people saying Cain will out do him in the stand up. Cain has NEVER shown even decent standup. Much less the fantasy great striking some people are talking about on here. Step back and leave the hype train.

Every person but Nog he ever tried to stand with pummeled him standing. And EVERYONE beats Nog standing. His standup is horrible and it always has been. Cain cant win this standing or on the Ground.

Lesnar seems to like taking the first round to feel out his opponent and exhaust them so i say round 2 TKO but you never know. Cain is outclassed so badly here that he might not make it out of the first.

after reading a few posts. it seems like people think cain can either avoid the takedown' date=' or will be taken down.

has everyone forgot that cain pushes the fight better than any HW fighter in the world right now?[/quote']

Against Lethargic Nog, no wrestling Kongo, or not even fazed but maybe tired Rothwell?. He will not set the pace this fight takes place at.

Lesnar TKO likely the infamous 2nd round.

Archived