If Toney Wins ...........

King_Can

It comes to mind that this fight is pretty much boxing vs mma. if toney beats couture, it will be embaressing and boxing fans will have proof that boxers are superior ( which i do not believe )

if Toney submits couture ( because he said he subed king mo ) I wont know what to think. Its not very likely that this would happen but if it did, mma would be a joke.

i am not sure what division Toney wants to fight at butI REALLY WISH they didnt put Toney vs Couture, so many beter fighters in the HW/LHW division to put him against. Rashad ( if he wasnt fighting shogun ), lil nog, anyone that would submit him or lay and pray him until he quits.

in the ufc countdown i said couture wants to get into the clinch and dirty box if he gets the chance. is he dumb? he will get KTFO.

what if Toney becomes champ. would you still watch mma or would you start watching just boxing?

It comes to mind that this fight is pretty much boxing vs mma. if toney beats couture' date=' it will be embaressing and boxing fans will have proof that boxers are superior ( which i do not believe )

if Toney submits couture ( because he said he subed king mo ) I wont know what to think. Its not very likely that this would happen but if it did, mma would be a joke.

i am not sure what division Toney wants to fight at butI REALLY WISH they didnt put Toney vs Couture, so many beter fighters in the HW/LHW division to put him against. Rashad ( if he wasnt fighting shogun ), lil nog, anyone that would submit him or lay and pray him until he quits.

in the ufc countdown i said couture wants to get into the clinch and dirty box if he gets the chance. is he dumb? he will get KTFO.

what if Toney becomes champ. would you still watch mma or would you start watching just boxing?[/quote']

chill dude it will not be the end of the world whatever happens that being said

if Toney submits Couture i will send you ?20 british pounds

I watch both boxing and mma. Enough so to say that this fight doesn't mean anything. Boxers have 10x the hand skills of mma fighters. MMA fighters such as Randy, have way better wrestling and grappling skills (never have seen a boxer wrestle or grapple so it may even be 100x better for mma fighters). Randy is done. He has no chin, no power, no speed. He is too old to fight elite guys like Shogun or Lesnar because he would just get mauled. Thats not to say that Toney is still the old self. Toney is done. He will never accomplish any more in boxing but has a chance in mma (as long as people stand with him). Put in a real boxer in his prime like Chad Dawson and put him up against Anderson Silva. That will prove once and for all if boxers are better mma fighters then mma fighters.

If Toney wins it will just prove he is a great MMA fighter and that striking of a top level boxer in on another level then what we see in the UFC. Other then that it won't prove a thing and not every boxer would make a good MMA fighter. Toney is the real deal though. The guy is vicious, has a iron chin and is one of the best and most precise close strikers on the planet. But he won't win with just his boxing though. His stance and striking will be adapted for MMA me thinks.

*bangs head against wall*

I give up, you guys continue argueing about pointless stuff.

Randy MIGHT knock Toney out.

Toney MIGHT top Rany out.

Wait and see what Toney brings to the MMA game before speculating either way on what you say WILL happen.

If couture is that much of an idiot to dirty box he deserves to lose. Though I get the feeling he was just saying that... I do wish they chose somebody better to put toney away 100% forsure but w/e. I'll probly stop watching for a while cause that's an embarrassment to the sport

It's not even boxing vs mma to me. It's a boxer trying his hand at mma. If this were a boxing vs mma fight then James would not be training mma techniques. Good luck to Toney but I really don't think nine months of training is going to stop Randy's takedowns.

I watch both boxing and mma. Enough so to say that this fight doesn't mean anything. Boxers have 10x the hand skills of mma fighters. MMA fighters such as Randy' date=' have way better wrestling and grappling skills (never have seen a boxer wrestle or grapple so it may even be 100x better for mma fighters). Randy is done. He has no chin, no power, no speed. He is too old to fight elite guys like Shogun or Lesnar because he would just get mauled. Thats not to say that Toney is still the old self. Toney is done. He will never accomplish any more in boxing but has a chance in mma (as long as people stand with him). Put in a real boxer in his prime like Chad Dawson and put him up against Anderson Silva. That will prove once and for all if boxers are better mma fighters then mma fighters.[/quote']

Put Floyd Mayweather in there vs Jose Aldo and watch him lose the fight STANDING UP yeah I went there BLEE DAT

It comes to mind that this fight is pretty much boxing vs mma. if toney beats couture' date=' it will be embaressing and boxing fans will have proof that boxers are superior ( which i do not believe )

what if Toney becomes champ. would you still watch mma or would you start watching just boxing?[/quote']

Garbage

It's not even boxing vs mma to me. It's a boxer trying his hand at mma. If this were a boxing vs mma fight then James would not be training mma techniques. Good luck to Toney but I really don't think nine months of training is going to stop Randy's takedowns.

this^

Boxing fans don't even care about Toney.

Archived