What is the 1st UFC match u seen, or can remember watching live or taped?

DetroitMoney

What is the first UFC match you seen? or can remember watching live or taped?

Me and my friend were in high school when we went to Hollywood Video to rent some movie's. They had a bunch WWF and some UFC tapes at the bottom, yeah I said tapes VHS for the kiddies. Well they didn't have the latest one there, if I remember right it was 6 and 8 were the UFC's we rented. As we drove home I was pretty excited being a big Bruce Lee fan, I remember asking him do you think this UFC stuff is real or just another WWF, he said "don't know". All I remember is David "Tank" Abbott knocking a man into a seizure. "Damn", I looked at him and both of us were speechless as Tank mocked the man as he lay convulsing and I said "I'm pretty sure this is real".:) He would lose to Oleg after that.

tankabbottjohnmatua.gif

The first live event I seen was Tito Ortiz vs "The Janitor", every single fight went to a decision. Nothing to remember accept being mad that Tito couldn't finish that old man.

29ljmtx.gif

I remember seeing ufc #1 but I dont remember much about it... The earliest fight i can really remember is the little white dude knocked out some 400 lbs monster.. I dont even remember their names.. But I think the little dude earned the nickname "The Giant KIller" or something like that..

I'm kind of new in the sport, the first event i seen was UFC 102 Couture Vs Nogueira ... still one of the best I have watched since. I remember they showed Todd Duffee knocking out Hague just before Marquardt destroyed Maia. And what a war between Nogueira and Couture. I remember me and my friend can't believed Couture was 46 years old! That was a good time! =D

It may sound like I'm trying to be Mr Lookatme, but I remember watching a friends copy of the first UFC event on VHS. Gerard Gordeau vs Teila Tui. I recall laughing at the ring announcer introducing the fighters by saying their names, pausing, then repeating their surnames. I wasn't expecting much, then Gordeau kicked Tui's teeth out, and I was hooked. I saw the first 4 events, then didn't see it again until the first card in London, Brawl At The Hall (hated that name).

First MMA fight I ever saw was Wand stomping some poor Japanese bastards head in. That's when I learned what Muay Thai was and said "I wanna do that ****." Of course I had to wait until I was 18 since my mom was just as horrified as I was amazed but I've been a hardcore Wand fan ever since.

The first full UFC event I ever saw I think was Chuck vs Randy at UFC 52 but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

The first fight I saw was in Reading in like 2004. One of my buddies dragged me a long because he had a friend who was fighting, and I thought it was boring as hell because the fight we went to see was just two rounds of one guy lying on top of another.

This buddy was a big fan of the sport at the time so when I told him I didn't like it, he made it his mission to get me into it and we started watching some UFC dvds and tapes round his house and I started to get really into it. I wish I could go back to that first fight now, cos my mate has always said that it was actually a great fight, but because I had no idea what was going on, I just looked bored as hell.

UFC 32 Ortiz-Sinosec

Was cruising the box one night and I saw this dude with a flame skull cap and a mexican flag and I was like wonder what the **** this is, I was 11 at the time and just watched wrestling. I was a Tito fan since then not really huge on MMA yet but I was a fan and would watch here and there, my bro thought it was whack at first, then UFC 34 happened and when I turned to the channel Hughes-Newton was starting, then he got him against the cage and knocked him out with that slam and I was hooked ever since same with my bro.

Me and my friend were in high school when we went to Hollywood Video to rent some movie's. They had a bunch WWF and some UFC tapes at the bottom' date=' yeah I said tapes VHS for the kiddies. Well they didn't have the latest one there, if I remember right it was 6 and 8 were the UFC's we rented. As we drove home I was pretty excited being a big Bruce Lee fan, I remember asking him do you think this sh!t is real or just another WWF, he said "don't know". All I remember is David "Tank" Abbott knocking a man into a seizure. "Damn", I looked at him and both of us were speechless as Tank mocked the man as he lay convulsing and I said "I'm pretty sure this sh!t is real".:) He would lose to Oleg after that.

[img']http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/les79sommerville/MMA/tankabbottjohnmatua.gif[/img]

The first live event I seen was Tito Ortiz vs "The Janitor", every single fight went to a decision. Nothing to remember accept being mad that Tito couldn't finish that old man.

Damn good thread i cant honestly remember. im only 17 but i think it was Gsp Serra 2.

ultimate fighter us vs uk finale' date=' i only ended up watching the main event which was guida vs sanchez. after watching that fight, i just had to see more. they r both still my favorite fighters[/quote']

That's the kind of first fight to watch, that can make a life time fan. That fight was epic!!!

i remember the first ufc tournament' date=' i just got home from karate class and my dad and his work buddies were all drinking and watching the fights keith hackney was my favorite until pat smith started fighting[/quote']

Hackney was the guy who beat the giant Sumo and punched the that Asian fighter in the groin over and over, and it was legal back then, thanks for the post:) here he is

hackneyjoeson.gif

Hackney was the guy who beat the giant Sumo and punched the that Asian fighter in the groin over and over' date=' and it was legal back then, thanks for the post:)[/quote']

The sumo guy was 500lbs Emmanualle (not sure if thats the right spelling) Yarbrough and the asian guy was Joe Son the guy that throws his shoe at people in Austin Powers.

I remember my dad ordered ufc 1 on pay per view. My brother and I couldnt believe how

Gracie was schooling all these huge guys.

Ordered every ppv through ufc 5. I remember my dad said he wouldnt order them anymore after the Gracie v. Shamrock debacle.

I think I started watching again at ufc 10' date=' but cant remember.[/quote']

yeah, being only 170lbs watching Gracie dominate made you realize it wasn't all about power and size.

Me and my friend were in high school when we went to Hollywood Video to rent some movie's. They had a bunch WWF and some UFC tapes at the bottom' date=' yeah I said tapes VHS for the kiddies. Well they didn't have the latest one there, if I remember right it was 6 and 8 were the UFC's we rented. As we drove home I was pretty excited being a big Bruce Lee fan, I remember asking him do you think this UFC stuff is real or just another WWF, he said "don't know". All I remember is David "Tank" Abbott knocking a man into a seizure. "Damn", I looked at him and both of us were speechless as Tank mocked the man as he lay convulsing and I said "I'm pretty sure this is real".:) He would lose to Oleg after that.

[img']http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/les79sommerville/MMA/tankabbottjohnmatua.gif[/img]

29ljmtx.gif

I saw a little when i was in about 12 or 13, which was enough to intregue me. I wasn't able to watch much after that until TUF came around, or they showed fights on Spike (not sure which came first). Soon as i didn't have to pay for a PPV i was all over it. And now i am addicted. Dana White has got some real money out of me at this point, lol.

I still have the first three UFC's to air on VHS tape lol back in 93. A few of my buddies who studied martial arts, wrestled, etc., we all got together and were instantly hooked. I lost touch for a few years when it got banned and you couldn't get it on ppv for a bit, but kept hunting for wherever I could watch, and I've seen nearly every ppv since the restructure (and those that I couldn't b/c of weddings or other life issues, I've caught eventually afterwards). I don't even want to think of how much I've spent enjoying this sport in just dollars, but I've gotten my money's worth. Now if they'd just offer a season ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a little when i was in about 12 or 13' date=' which was enough to intregue me. I wasn't able to watch much after that until TUF came around, or they showed fights on Spike (not sure which came first). Soon as i didn't have to pay for a PPV i was all over it. And now i am addicted. Dana White has got some real money out of me at this point, lol.[/quote']

UFC 1, i was 17 at the time... wow :eek:

And yes, was a video tape... no chapter or fight skip for this dude....:P

I believe it was summer of '94 when my brother and I got UFC #2 + 3 on VHS from this hole in the wall rental place, and immediately found #1.

But my exposure to MMA came around 2 years before that when Vale Tudo and Shootfighting tapes started circulating. At first we weren't too impressed by the product, having seen a far superior product coming out of Brazil and Japan but were optimistic that something more readily available was being offered in the states.

The first fight I saw was Marco Ruas vs this Russian Sambo fighter and Ruas got the KO via knee strike as the Russian shot in.

Archived