Chris Leben vs The Spider number 2

Pro_Boxer

After seeing Lebens will to win in his last 2 fights... I think he may be able to hang with anderson silva.. I know I will catch a lot of flack for saying this, but if Leben showed up to fight instead of sonnen.. Leben may have knocked him out that night. If sonnen put him on his butt leben would have definately put his lights out.. So heres my question, ya think Leben is a contender yet? Or ya think it would be highlight reel knockout number 2..

After seeing Lebens will to win in his last 2 fights... I think he may be able to hang with anderson silva.. I know I will catch a lot of flack for saying this' date=' but if Leben showed up to fight instead of sonnen.. Leben may have knocked him out that night. If sonnen put him on his butt leben would have definately put his lights out.. So heres my question, ya think Leben is a contender yet? Or ya think it would be highlight reel knockout number 2..[/quote']

Silva didnt think sonnen could drop him, so he was careless. but with leben he would not mess around at all..but if leben could pick his shots on anderson yes he could have a chance,people think leben isnt a contender?thats ********. put him against belfort or marquardt he will prove every1 wrong.

After seeing Lebens will to win in his last 2 fights... I think he may be able to hang with anderson silva.. I know I will catch a lot of flack for saying this' date=' but if Leben showed up to fight instead of sonnen.. Leben may have knocked him out that night. If sonnen put him on his butt leben would have definately put his lights out.. So heres my question, ya think Leben is a contender yet? Or ya think it would be highlight reel knockout number 2..[/quote']

chris leben would get his behind handed to him again

throw leben into full time training with freddie roach for a year and hed have a shot at just about anyone imo

I think he'd be better placed training his wrestling with a top camp. Chris Leben has a fairly sloppy striking technique but it works and he very rarely gets into trouble on the feet. He'll always be an aggressive striker. A leopard can't change it's spots.

He's able to hold his own on his back, but I still think he'd get taken down far too easily by the top wrestlers in the division. If he could improve his TDD then he could turn into a great Chuck Liddell-esque sprawl and brawl fighter.

I think he'd be better placed training his wrestling with a top camp. Chris Leben has a fairly sloppy striking technique but it works and he very rarely gets into trouble on the feet. He'll always be an aggressive striker. A leopard can't change it's spots.

He's able to hold his own on his back' date=' but I still think he'd get taken down far too easily by the top wrestlers in the division. If he could improve his TDD then he could turn into a great Chuck Liddell-esque sprawl and brawl fighter.[/quote']

he can still be highly aggressive if he does this, he would just have improved hand positioning, accuracy, and footwork so i think thatd make his brawling style 3x as deadly. so heavy training with Roach for striking and say Greg Jackson for MMA and grappling and he could b 10x better fighter which is a scary thought. or if he went back to training with team quest than im sure hendo could help him quite a bit.

Have you seen their first fight?

thank god...i thought i was the only person posting how Silva was forced out of his comfort zone in the standup....

I would agree he was forced out of his comfort zone, but in no way did Sonnen outclass Silva at all just because he hit him twice. Lets be real, Silva knew he only had 10-20 seconds at the begining of each round to hurt Sonnen and end the fight. Rarely do we see Silva come out swinging like mad, if ever but he had little choice. Only other option is to not swing and wait for the TD. This almost did work, I forgot which round it was, and Silva caught Sonnen, lightly, but Sonnen went straight for the TD and recovered just fine. In a rematch, I think the fight will play out the same. Only variables are : Will Silva catch him early? Can Sonnen avoid the sub? Silva cannot, and won't be able to stop the TD's as it was clearly shown that night. Sonnen GnP will happen the same as it did, and it's safe to say that Sonnen won't be able to finish Silva.

As for the OP, Leben has shown potential as of late. but as stated earlier, Silva would most likely demolish him in the same fashion he did in their first bout. Just because it seems Leben has improved, and Silva got his **** beat by a wrestler doesn't mean he's up for the challange. We all speculated that Silva was weak against a strong wrestler and Sonnen proved more or less that he's extremely weak against this type of opponent.

Archived