Evans vs Machida 2. Who wins and why?

Shady_Champ

I think Rashad would take it with his wrestling. Machida did to him what Serra did to GSP. Now that Rashad knows that he is NOT an Elite striker he won't stand with an Elite striker. Plus he knows Machida can knock him out so he won't risk it.

I'll sum up the fight for you. Machida and Evans meet in the middle of the octogon. Machida is being elusive as usual, ducking and throwing small jabs now and then. Rashad explodes for a takedown in return to one of Machida's jabs. Rashad lays on Machida for the next 4 minutes, doing just enough not to be stood up.

Rinse and repeat 3 times and that is the fight.

Machida has the best TDD at LHW. Rashad wouldn't be able to take him down.

Machida is the most elusive fighter in MMA. Rashad couldn't clinch with him.

Machida by KO.

i agree. if tito couldn't take him down i can't see rashad doing it.

I see the result being the same. Machida's one of the few people at LHW that can match speed with Evans. Hes almost impossible to take down. I may be biast because I Hate Rashad n Machidas one of my favourite fighters but I see the fight playing out pretty much the same way. Machida by KO sooner rather than later in the fight...

it will go like this they exchange jabs rashad tries to take machida down he does so the first time but machida gets up then evans tries to take him down again but this time machida is ready and defends the shot evans then clinches up machida trips him and is landing some groudn and pound the round ends

second round evans tries to punch a little it doesn't work then he tries to take lyoto down lyoto defends it and counter with a straigh left rashad is rocked but survives rashad clinches up again but lyoto trips him rashad get up tries to take lyoto down again but lyoto defends it now no choice but to stand rashad tries a flurry of punches but lyot counters it and knock him out again

Machida wins the exact same way he beat Rashad before... Machida's wealth of karate, speed, and elusiveness mixed with his huge experience with sumo, trips, and throws are more than enough to deflect any wrestling attempts... Machida is the master of exploiting his opponents' strength and momentum and using it against them... one of the big reasons why I'm such a fan of this guy...

I see Rashad shooting for more takedowns, but when those takedowns attempts not only get stuffed, but send him flying to the other end of the cage, he'll try to box with Machida, in which he'll end up a bloody mess just like before...

Machida has the best TDD at LHW. Rashad wouldn't be able to take him down.

Machida is the most elusive fighter in MMA. Rashad couldn't clinch with him.

Machida by KO.

This is correct. Rashad won't get Machida on his back. He hasn't been there once his entire UFC career, except when Shogun punched him out and that wasn't due to a takedown.

Machida has slammed 255 lb guys at HW in the past. He can manhandle anybody in LHW when it comes to the clinch game.

Archived