Ultimate Freakshow championship UFC

fedorrule

ufc will be exposed because this is marketed as ufc vs boxing. its ufc 5 times champ against a boxing champ. if randy lose' date=' ufc fighter are overated and over hyped[/quote']

Nope...there won't be enough evidence to support that theory.

Randy is 47...lost his fight to Vera in my opinion...and is slowing down noticeably. I've said so before in other threads. But even then...if Randy loses...it's likely a fluke.

Cheers

-DR

Nope...there won't be enough evidence to support that theory.

Randy is 47...lost his fight to Vera in my opinion...and is slowing down noticeably. I've said so before in other threads. But even then...if Randy loses...it's likely a fluke.

Cheers

-DR

this, belive it or not, i think randy is in way over his head

Its not really boxing vs mma. Neither fighter would be a true representation of all that either sport has to offer. Both fighters are past their best.

If this were to be a representation you would have to have some sort of team from both side fighting alternate disciplines. An idea which wouldnt be any good anyway.

Basically its not Boxing vs MMA, its Toney vs Couture and as its in an octagon Couture is prob gonna win. If it was boxing it would be the reverse. thats why this fight is pretty meaningless

Its not really boxing vs mma. Neither fighter would be a true representation of all that either sport has to offer. Both fighters are past their best.

If this were to be a representation you would have to have some sort of team from both side fighting alternate disciplines. An idea which wouldn't be any good anyway.

Basically its not Boxing vs MMA' date=' its Toney vs Couture and as its in an octagon Couture is prob gonna win. If it was boxing it would be the reverse. thats why this fight is pretty meaningless[/quote']

Exactly. The bold part deserves some thought. The first thing to go as you age is speed. Randy is 47. Toney 41.

Toney's only chance is to catch Randy coming in before Randy can get his head down, lock the legs and drive through Toney's hips.

Couture has been getting slower and slower. We haven't seen him fight for a while..and at his age..every MONTH counts. So...

In some ways it may come down to who's skills have degraded more.

A more apropos fight to answer "which is better" would be Aldo v Pacquiao.

Both at their primes..similar sizes etc.

But..I think it's a question that has already been answered for those who have followed the sport long enough..OR those who have taken the time to learn the history.

A guy named Royce Gracie has already proven what should be common knowledge at this point.

All things being equal...two clones or twins....both separated at birth...one goes straight into being taught boxing. All his life he learns and perfects that "art"

The other...goes straight into MMA...all his life he learns and perfects those "arts"

MMA clone/twin wins 9 of 10 every time.

Cheers

-DR

Exactly. The bold part deserves some thought. The first thing to go as you age is speed. Randy is 47. Toney 41.

Toney's only chance is to catch Randy coming in before Randy can get his head down' date=' lock the legs and drive through Toney's hips.

Couture has been getting slower and slower. We haven't seen him fight for a while..and at his age..every MONTH counts. So...

In some ways it may come down to who's skills have degraded more.

A more apropos fight to answer "which is better" would be Aldo v Pacquiao.

Both at their primes..similar sizes etc.

But..I think it's a question that has already been answered for those who have followed the sport long enough..OR those who have taken the time to learn the history.

A guy named Royce Gracie has already proven what should be common knowledge at this point.

All things being equal...two clones or twins....both separated at birth...one goes straight into being taught boxing. All his life he learns and perfects that "art"

The other...goes straight into MMA...all his life he learns and perfects those "arts"

MMA clone/twin wins 9 of 10 every time.

Cheers

-DR[/quote']

Woah!!! That blew my mind man!

i am happy to see this fight james toney v randy' date=' it should be the main event, but hopefully randy win orelse ufc will be exposed if james win. and who know james connects and its over and boxing > ufc.[/quote']

Im afraid your wrong. And any success obtained by Toney could be parlayed into intregue for other boxers to come into MMA, which = good things for MMA. There is no exposing a combat sport.

Im afraid your wrong. And any success obtained by Toney could be parlayed into intregue for other boxers to come into MMA' date=' which = good things for MMA. There is no exposing a combat sport.[/quote']

^^^^^^^^ this.... agreed..... tho even IF toney loses it MAY bring more boxers to mma..... think about it..... its what some ppl call a boxer v mma fight..... imo its 2 over the hill guys fighting each other that MAY open doors for ppl of boxing or other combat sports to have a go at mma.. WIN WIN 4 mma lovers

Archived