Just a QUESTION...

cyberspider13

Ok,before i start i have to admit that i never was a big fun of boxing so i don't know much about this sport besides Mike Tyson,Mohamet Ali and Stallone movies...but i have a question.Why Toney should have the most powerfull punches in ufc?

And i ask that because:

Ok,Toney is a boxer so his big weapon are his punches,i watched some highlights of him and i saw that he knocked out many of his opponets with them since he is a boxer of course cause his punches was the only weapon that he could use..Allright,my question is this.What makes u think that Rampage or Carwin or even Liddel in his prime couldn't stand a chance if they decided to trade with him stand up?

I don't say that they would get the better of him for sure,but i believe that if they wanted to try it they could knock him out as well...

Now,some of u may will tell me "what makes u think that if Toney wanted to GnP some of them he couldn't stand a chance?"Well,a boxer never had to train for this,but an mma fighter HAVE to train in punches,and when this fighter posses heavy hands then he could be a very good boxer also...

Even i don't know much about Toney,but i respect his ability to throw heavy punches,i just had this question and i would be greatfull if u tell me ur opinion,and don't react like "WTF?Are u nuts moron?" and staff like that.

Thank u..

All those guys you mentioned stand a chance with Toney. In fact I'd love to see Rampage/Carwin/Liddel prime v Toney.

Toneys job for the past 20+ years has been taking his fist and hitting someones face with it. Obviously you get pretty good at what you do after so long, it becomes all you know. MMA has so much more utility, that you have guys who pretty well conditioned in a few areas of combat. Usually more so in one then the other. You get my point.

I would not want to stand in front of Toney with those little gloves on, and I dont think anyone else would want to either. It's not one punch, it's 2,3,4 or five. He may look out of shape, but after watching the vid's he's still lightening quick and probably still damn acurate.

Randy loves to clinch. I'm not sure that's a good idea. Toney can throw a heavy hand in close quarters I suppose as we saw Mir/Carwin.

We always hear, so and so has a punchers chance against a good grappler/wrestler. Well I think Toney has a little more of a chance to catch the Captain.

In the end though, this is MMA. I give the edge, by a large margin in favor of Randy. He's gonna beat him up tomorrow night via GnP.

I still dont think Liddell or Rampage would be able to take Toney when were in their prime. Toney was a beast when he was in him prime. Plus those 10oz boxing gloves have alot of padding and if you can knock out people literally with those imagine how much power those 4oz gloves can absorb nothing really if you ask me...

All those guys you mentioned stand a chance with Toney. In fact I'd love to see Rampage/Carwin/Liddel prime v Toney.

Toneys job for the past 20+ years has been taking his fist and hitting someones face with it. Obviously you get pretty good at what you do after so long' date=' it becomes all you know. MMA has so much more utility, that you have guys who pretty well conditioned in a few areas of combat. Usually more so in one then the other. You get my point.

I would not want to stand in front of Toney with those little gloves on, and I dont think anyone else would want to either. It's not one punch, it's 2,3,4 or five. He may look out of shape, but after watching the vid's he's still lightening quick and probably still damn acurate.

Randy loves to clinch. I'm not sure that's a good idea. Toney can throw a heavy hand in close quarters I suppose as we saw Mir/Carwin.

We always hear, so and so has a punchers chance against a good grappler/wrestler. Well I think Toney has a little more of a chance to catch the Captain.

In the end though, this is MMA. I give the edge, by a large margin in favor of Randy. He's gonna beat him up tomorrow night via GnP.[/quote']

yep..as i said before and as any other knows Randy should take him down immidiatelly cause he hasn't the best chin after all.agreed

I still dont think Liddell or Rampage would be able to take Toney when were in their prime. Toney was a beast when he was in him prime. Plus those 10oz boxing gloves have alot of padding and if you can knock out people literally with those imagine how much power those 4oz gloves can absorb nothing really if you ask me...

just another question,maeby a stypid one.correct me if im wrong but i heard somewhere that boxind gloves and mma gloves are doing pretty much the same damage.and mma gloves are thiner to make subs more easilly...is that true?

Sparring gloves may range from 14 oz to 20 oz, while bag gloves, amateur and professional fight gloves range from 8 to 10 ounces. Common weights for gloves in the United States are sixteen, twelve and eight ounces. Many athletes train with heavier gloves than they will use in competition as a way to increase endurance.

MMA gloves are 4 ounces.

"...open-******** MMA gloves or 'grappling gloves' are frequently used in mixed martial arts bouts, are not boxing gloves. Similar to the wrist-supporting, closed-thumb, broken-knuckle kempo gloves popularized by Bruce Lee's 1973 movie Enter the Dragon, they provide some padding to the person wearing the glove, but leave the fingers available for intricate wrestling and grappling maneuvers such as clinch fighting"

f1ngered is a blocked word ahha what losers.

yep..as i said before and as any other knows Randy should take him down immidiatelly cause he hasn't the best chin after all.agreed

just another question' date='maeby a stypid one.correct me if im wrong but i heard somewhere that boxind gloves and mma gloves are doing pretty much the same damage[/b'].and mma gloves are thiner to make subs more easilly...is that true?

I have heard this before too but not sure if it is true.

There is a drawback to the smaller gloves for Toney. For the last 20 year Toney has used the larger gloves to block punches and with the smaller gloves that isn't as easy to do. I'm sure he has trained with smaller gloves but it will still be a change that he will have to adjust too. He will also have to get used to being in a cage instead of a boxing ring.

Couture by RNC in the 2nd round.

Here's the thing about the gloves. Neither the 4oz MMA or the 10-14oz boxing gloves provide protection or soften the blow much for the guy receiving the punch. They are more to protect the hands for the guy throwing the punch.

Boxing gloves are bigger because at the end of the day boxers throw a multitude of more punches during a long fight and need that padding to prevent broken hands. Look at how many broken hands we see in MMA fights, its due to the lighter padding.

You see MMA fighters in training using boxing gloves to spar or hit pads. One the heavier gloves condition better when you are switching to lighter for the fight and two, who wants to break a hand in sparring?

just another question' date='maeby a stypid one.correct me if im wrong but i heard somewhere that boxind gloves and mma gloves are doing pretty much the same damage.and mma gloves are thiner to make subs more easilly...is that true?[/quote']

Maybe so, but James will be able to swing much faster, and more accurately for what part of the face he is aiming at (chin).

Ok' date='before i start i have to admit that i never was a big fun of boxing so i don't know much about this sport besides Mike Tyson[b'],Mohamet Ali[/b] and Stallone movies...but i have a question.Why Toney should have the most powerfull punches in ufc?

And i ask that because:

Ok,Toney is a boxer so his big weapon are his punches,i watched some highlights of him and i saw that he knocked out many of his opponets with them since he is a boxer of course cause his punches was the only weapon that he could use..Allright,my question is this.What makes u think that Rampage or Carwin or even Liddel in his prime couldn't stand a chance if they decided to trade with him stand up?

I don't say that they would get the better of him for sure,but i believe that if they wanted to try it they could knock him out as well...

Now,some of u may will tell me "what makes u think that if Toney wanted to GnP some of them he couldn't stand a chance?"Well,a boxer never had to train for this,but an mma fighter HAVE to train in punches,and when this fighter posses heavy hands then he could be a very good boxer also...

Even i don't know much about Toney,but i respect his ability to throw heavy punches,i just had this question and i would be greatfull if u tell me ur opinion,and don't react like "WTF?Are u nuts moron?" and staff like that.

Thank u..

Who the **** is that?

just another question' date='maeby a stypid one.correct me if im wrong but i heard somewhere that [b']boxind gloves and mma gloves are doing pretty much the same damage[/b].and mma gloves are thiner to make subs more easilly...is that true?

Yeh they tested it on that sport science show with i think Bas Rutten and the force of the punches are basically exactly the same

Ok' date='before i start i have to admit that i never was a big fun of boxing so i don't know much about this sport besides Mike Tyson,Mohamet Ali and Stallone movies...but i have a question.Why Toney should have the most powerfull punches in ufc?

And i ask that because:

Thank u..[/quote']

IMO boxers are the most elite fighters in the world, more people compete in boxing than mma. it's harder to be a multi-champion in a sport with more competitors.

IMO boxers are the most elite fighters in the world' date=' more people compete in boxing than mma. it's harder to be a multi-champion in a sport with more competitors.[/quote']

boxing is less brutal and more acceptable than mma,but i bet that in a few years mma will be the most mainstream fighting sport in USA,and one reason of that will be that boxers begining to join mma

I dont think a Rampage, Chuck, or Carwin would do well in a straight up boxing match against Toney or some other Elite Boxers.

Yes they have a punchers chance however it is a different sport.

Just like there aren't many MMA fighters that would do well against, lets say, Maia in a grappling match without strikes.

Someone said Toney has been boxing for 20+ years. thats a lot of experience; someone who has a different martial arts background would be at a disadvantage against Toney in a boxing match.

well if they traded with him with MMA gloves they could have a chance. But in his prime,and in a boxing match, they wouldn't. The reason is simple. In MMA, because of the tiny gloves, the KO happens a lot faster. You can actually have "lucky" KO's because you can just "catch" the guy. Rampage could catch Toney and KO him with MMA gloves. But in boxing, first of all, the guys focus only on the fists. They acquire speed and accuracy not equaled by those MMA fighters you named. the only guy I can think of in MMA who has an accuracy comparable to a boxer is Anderson Silva, and he's far from having the same kind of power. With the big gloves, the lucky KO isn't something that you see much.. Cuz even big punches usually don't finish the guy right away. It happens, but when it does, it's a really good hit, not just a haymaker thrown in the air.

In boxing, the fight very often goes to decision because of that, and the best fighter usually wins.. In MMA, the best fighter can lose if he gets catched. In a boxing match, Liddell would stand 0 chance against Toney. You have to understand that a good MMA fighter can be like.. very good at something, and good at other aspects of the game, and be an excellent MMA fighter. In boxing, guys have to be excellent boxers, if they wanna be excellent, because they have only 1 thing to focus on. That being said, boxing involves a lot of reflexes and speed and Toney is now getting kinda old so.. he might not be that good a boxer compared to the best of MMA now. But in his prime, he certainly woulda destroyed these guys you named ina boxing match.. no doubt. Rampage wouldn't even be famous if he had been in the boxing business with the level of striking he has. No1 would know him he'd be a sub par pro boxer.

well if they traded with him with MMA gloves they could have a chance. But in his prime' date='and in a boxing match, they wouldn't. The reason is simple. In MMA, because of the tiny gloves, the KO happens a lot faster. You can actually have "lucky" KO's because you can just "catch" the guy. Rampage could catch Toney and KO him with MMA gloves. But in boxing, first of all, the guys focus only on the fists. They acquire speed and accuracy not equaled by those MMA fighters you named. the only guy I can think of in MMA who has an accuracy comparable to a boxer is Anderson Silva, and he's far from having the same kind of power. With the big gloves, the lucky KO isn't something that you see much.. Cuz even big punches usually don't finish the guy right away. It happens, but when it does, it's a really good hit, not just a haymaker thrown in the air.

In boxing, the fight very often goes to decision because of that, and the best fighter usually wins.. In MMA, the best fighter can lose if he gets catched. In a boxing match, Liddell would stand 0 chance against Toney. You have to understand that a good MMA fighter can be like.. very good at something, and good at other aspects of the game, and be an excellent MMA fighter. In boxing, guys have to be excellent boxers, if they wanna be excellent, because they have only 1 thing to focus on. That being said, boxing involves a lot of reflexes and speed and Toney is now getting kinda old so.. he might not be that good a boxer compared to the best of MMA now. But in his prime, he certainly woulda destroyed these guys you named ina boxing match.. no doubt. Rampage wouldn't even be famous if he had been in the boxing business with the level of striking he has. No1 would know him he'd be a sub par pro boxer.[/quote']

Thanx for being patient to write me all this.

just another question' date='maeby a stypid one.correct me if im wrong but i heard somewhere that boxind gloves and mma gloves are doing pretty much the same damage.and mma gloves are thiner to make subs more easilly...is that true?[/quote']

Your an idiot when you say couture doesnt have the best chin yeah he has been tkod by lesnar and chuck twice but he was never out cold he just gets knocked down sometimes

Archived