Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Randy Couture vs. James Toney

While I figured Randy would have it, this whole thing seemed a little overblown. I mean just look at Marcus Davis. In Season 2 of TUF he was a mere boxer with zero ground game, he later came back with a slick ground game and a solid stand up to compliment it.

Can anyone understand James? No......thought so.

he needs subtitles with a little bouncing ball

I CALLED IT OUT BRO LOL

FIRST ROUND ARM TRIANGLE THAT'S WHAT I SAID

MAAAANN couture took toney down by grabbing his foot LOL

but props to Toney, he had the balls to come and fight MMA with only 6 months of MMA training.

Damn! lol I at least wanted to see Toney throw. lol

he's too fat to throw anything anymore. only thing he can do know is speak gibberish

lol awesome fight. I was laughing my **** off throughout the whole thing. A shame randy didn't just gnp until toney tapped after what he said about ufc fighters not being able to take strikes. Lesnar would have done that for sure.

one thing that didn't make much sense was the fact that Randy got his Black Belt after that fight. Seriously!?! That's like challenging a stranger on the street that has no fighting experience to a BJJ match.

one thing that didn't make much sense was the fact that Randy got his Black Belt after that fight. Seriously!?! That's like challenging a stranger on the street that has no fighting experience to a BJJ match.

theres alot more then what you just see in the ring you know.

he probably earnt it yonks ago, they just wanted to suprise him at his match-up.

lol awesome fight. I was laughing my **** off throughout the whole thing. A shame randy didn't just gnp until toney tapped after what he said about ufc fighters not being able to take strikes. Lesnar would have done that for sure.

THIS !! lol !

PS Cain would drop him on his **** and land 251 strikes per round :D

Hey DCENT...your opinion is $hit...hhahahahaahh...Couture made Boxing his Biotch..and Toney was a fat slob...

When Randy knocks out Toney with strikes, while standing, he will have made boxing his *****.

Should've just kept Kimbo around and had those two duke it out. Would've been much more entertaining.

Congrats to Randy on a dominating win but what an embarrassment to Toney and the UFC in general.

This guy (Toney) was a world class boxer in his day but he's way past it, he was out of shape and he had absolutely no MMA experience going for him. Yet, he gets a fight with a top UFC HW by simply annoying the UFC president, lol. Where is the credibility in that. Toney shouldn't have been allowed near Randy regardless of his boxing background.

Everyone with a sensible head on their shoulders knew Randy was going to win and he duly obliged. I think boxing is probably laughing at our sport as much as they are shaking their head at Toney for being stupid enough to think he could waltz into the UFC with no MMA whatsoever. Imagine Lesnar, Carwin, Cain going into a boxing match? They'd get killed.

The only highlight of this fight was that Randy won - can't keep the old man down.

Hey DCENT...your opinion is $hit...hhahahahaahh...Couture made Boxing his Biotch..and Toney was a fat slob...

hey noob.... check the couture bandwagon thread then apologize to your owner.

Congrats to Randy on a dominating win but what an embarrassment to Toney and the UFC in general.

This guy (Toney) was a world class boxer in his day but he's way past it' date=' he was out of shape and he had absolutely no MMA experience going for him. Yet, he gets a fight with a top UFC HW by simply annoying the UFC president, lol. Where is the credibility in that. Toney shouldn't have been allowed near Randy regardless of his boxing background.

Everyone with a sensible head on their shoulders knew Randy was going to win and he duly obliged. [/quote']Agreed with that.

Boxers should not be given the benefit of the doubt - because there is NO doubt that they will get manhandled in the octagon regardless of who they were in the boxing ring.

Its embarassed for all MMA fighter if Toney win from the start I know that Randy will win coz he will face none experience fighter. My question is can UFC protected Randy from beating? Hes in this sports for so many years but he didnt fought real tough guy.

This guy (Toney) was a world class boxer in his day but he's way past it' date=' he was out of shape and he had absolutely no MMA experience going for him. Yet, he gets a fight with a top UFC HW by simply annoying the UFC president, lol. Where is the credibility in that. Toney shouldn't have been allowed near Randy regardless of his boxing background.

Everyone with a sensible head on their shoulders knew Randy was going to win and he duly obliged. I think boxing is probably laughing at our sport as much as they are shaking their head at Toney for being stupid enough to think he could waltz into the UFC with no MMA whatsoever. Imagine Lesnar, Carwin, Cain going into a boxing match? They'd get killed.

The only highlight of this fight was that Randy won - can't keep the old man down.[/quote']

boxers are over rated, carwin could probally beat any boxer in a boxing match

boxers are over rated' date=' carwin could probally beat any boxer in a boxing match[/quote']

Trolling? I hope u are.

Where was Toney's uppercut to stop the takedown?? Hahaha.

He just plopped on the ground by what had to be one of the weakest takedown shoots of all time. Props to Couture though, I was laughing my **** off the entire fight. Toney was so out of his element.

BLEE DAT

ha exactly my reaction, i just bursted into laughs. Seriously in the end it was just a freakshow that shouldn have happened. Dana tried a bit to convince us that toney had a shot, he had trained and maybe it wasnt a freakshow, but in the end it was. He didnt even knew how to stand on his feet, he seemed confused at what stance he should have. On the ground he had absolutely no idea what to do, a nobody punk with no fights that just was a bit in shape, would at least try to move his hips a bit, shake a bit left and right. He would still get the same beating but at least he would move a bit. Toney did absolutely nothing than just take the beating. Pathetic

He just plopped on the ground by what had to be one of the weakest takedown shoots of all time. Props to Couture though' date=' I was laughing my **** off the entire fight. Toney was so out of his element.

BLEE DAT[/quote']

lol it was pretty easy for randy. who else wants a piece of the beast!

Freakshow fights like this are not entertaining and can't even be considered sport. A waste of time for all involved. I'm suprised it was even sanctioned to go ahead.

The way Randy celebrated you'd think he had just beaten Brock Lesnar!! This joke fight can onyl be redeemed if Randy agrees to a boxing match with Toney, although I won't watch it.

boxers are over rated' date=' carwin could probally beat any boxer in a boxing match[/quote']

No he couldn't. His cardio is suspect and he has tons of power but little pure boxing skill.

No he couldn't. His cardio is suspect and he has tons of power but little pure boxing skill.

you exert more energy in a mma fight than a boxing match, look at all the out of shape boxers compared to mma

maybe not a boxing match, but a standing striking match. When carwin gets that dirty boxing position it is good night for any boxer

First shot leads to instant take down,to a nearly instant- full mount, ground and pound to arm triangle finish.

Damn Toney you never even had a chance to enjoy the beating. That was too quick.

It's like seeing a fish out of water. Flip-flip-flip