Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard

Some of you guys are pretty stupid. Kenny is like 1-2' date=' maybe even 0-3 against strong wrestlers bigger than he is.[/quote']

Told you idiots.

Guest [Deleted User]

Kenny should have used his striking more he was being TOO cautious, maynard played it safe what a **** talker

lol YES!!!

Still made every call exactly on the nose tonight and already won one sig bet.

I just noticed your Avatar lol

full of win

is this an upset?but the moment i saw gray enters the ring' date='i knew that he will out muscle kenflo.he was so ripped and look very focused on the fight.[/quote']

lol. congratulations to you and your fighter

Kenny should stick with commentating now. He is done. Maynard still SUCKS though!!

Grey and Fitch should have to fight for the right to be called "The Decision"

needless to say i was rather disappointed because i expected kenflo to perform better. he seemed to be getting the better of the standup but just like the sherk fight when he has someone bigger on top of him against the cage he has no answer. he was very cautious of the takedown and it affected him using his improved standup. i'd love to see kenflo get bak to the top and fight for a title again but like everyone else he needs to work on tdd and getting out of those bad situations. much respect to gray he did his thing.

Gray is a good thing for the title then with luck he will come up against a guy who's fisticuffs are ever improving and who's JJ is on another planet.

Edged will avenge his only loss! Grey and prey is the new lay n prey!

It's funny that these ****es run their posts through spell checkers for a single sentence and still anyone with an IQ over 10 recognizes them as the retards they are.

I don't know why so many thought Florian could beat the bully. I don't even think Florian thought he was going to beat Maynard. Should be an awesome rematch between Frankie and Maynard. Frankie and Maynard are by leaps and bounds better than everyone else. I'm still so shocked that Penn got beat, because Frankie is such a small lightweight and Penn has so much experience with Welter Weights. It just shows how good Frankie Edgar is. I still believe Maynard has the mental edge from being undefeated and already defeated Frankie once. Frankie will bring it for sure and it is going to be so difficult to take that title from him. Can't wait to see that fight!

maynard is a p uss y. I hate that kind of fight. He does JUST enough to win each round.

I can understand not engaging in the standup, but he didnt even want to implement his game plan. Just avoiding the fight until the last second, where he knows he can score some points, and move on. Its smart, but he looks like a ***** and doesnt actualy want to fight.

I like wrestlers, do dont take this the wrong way. Fitch and GSP are easily in my top 5 favs. But the work. They bring the fight to you.

It would be the same thing if Silva ran around the ring for 4:30 minutes and then just landed one flurry at the end. Knowing he can land it at anytime, he just waits to steal the round.

I just hope he realizes that hes the BULLY, and start roughing guys up like he was doing before, and how he could do it with florian at the flip of a switch but chose not to.

Im just disapointed that a performance like that earns a title shot. Id like to see a Sherk vs Maynard.

Gray Maynard thinks he is better than he is. He's not that dynamic of a fighter. He etches out the large majority of his wins by decision and does just enough to keep the score in his favor. He has not fought seriously top talent and I have no doubt that he will be out-classed when he faces Edgar again for a title shot.

He's tough and he's a good wrestler...that's about all he has in his arsenal and that is not enough to wear a championship belt.

Gray Maynard thinks he is better than he is. He's not that dynamic of a fighter. He etches out the large majority of his wins by decision and does just enough to keep the score in his favor. He has not fought seriously top talent and I have no doubt that he will be out-classed when he faces Edgar again for a title shot.

He's tough and he's a good wrestler...that's about all he has in his arsenal and that is not enough to wear a championship belt.

Gray Maynard has great footwork and good enough boxing to beat Edgar. Edgar will be on his back the whole fight, he won't have a choice but to fight off his back like silva did with sonnen. Maynard is the next champion my friend.

He won a decision over Edgar more than 2 years ago. Edgar just demolished one of the best fighters in the entire sport of MMA, for the 2nd time! What in the world makes you think he has champion qualities? He's never even fought a champion, much less beaten one.

Gray Maynard has great footwork and good enough boxing to beat Edgar. Edgar will be on his back the whole fight' date=' he won't have a choice but to fight off his back like silva did with sonnen. Maynard is the next champion my friend.[/quote']

He won a decision over Edgar more than 2 years ago. Edgar just demolished one of the best fighters in the entire sport of MMA' date=' for the 2nd time! What in the world makes you think he has champion qualities? He's never even fought a champion, much less beaten one.[/quote']

Simple he will take him down with his superior wrestling, strength, and size.

Kenny has beaten down pretty much every other fighter in the division in his never ending quest to beat BJ and if BJ didn't exist he would have been the champion a while ago.

That plus the fact that he already dominated Edgar once makes him a very easy favorite over Frankie.

Maynard has a nearly perfect game plan.

He will almost never strike first. Sometimes he counter-punches.

He doesn't shoot often he is patient and will wait for he opponent to make a mistake.

He explodes when he shoots and almost always completes the take down.

He will stay on top and work enough GnP to keep the fight on the ground.

Basically from there on it's just submission defense and stalling. Unanimous Decision Maynard style.

Damn is he good at it though.

dont forget its going to be a 5 round fight,hence frankie has completed 5 rounds twice against the best lightweight fighter ever and looked exactly the same in the 25th minute as he did in the 1st minute in both fights,and dominated penn both times

Maynard has a nearly perfect game plan.

He will almost never strike first. Sometimes he counter-punches.

He doesn't shoot often he is patient and will wait for he opponent to make a mistake.

He explodes when he shoots and almost always completes the take down.

He will stay on top and work enough GnP to keep the fight on the ground.

Basically from there on it's just submission defense and stalling. Unanimous Decision Maynard style.

Damn is he good at it though.

Just reading that strategy made me feel like I had a roofie in my system. or do i?

Gray Maynard has great footwork and good enough boxing to beat Edgar. Edgar will be on his back the whole fight' date=' he won't have a choice but to fight off his back like silva did with sonnen. Maynard is the next champion my friend.[/quote']

Some fans underestimated Maynards hands and footwork as a boxer (It's second to none!). I've always thought that Maynard was a superior MMA fighter in the 155lb division. I agree with you %100 that he will be the next 155lb Champ.