Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda

UFCGOD1

Miranda was always considered the grappler in all his previous fights before AND in the UFC

then people were really surprised when he came out and started showing great Greco Roman clinch work and extremely crisp muay thai against his opponents

most people argue that he was winning the Gerald Harris fight as well before the questionable stoppage

i have him winning but obviously if Maia locks a sub in then no one will be surprised or even remember the fight in a couple of days time...

x

I dont see how miranda can win this, Maia's Standup looked much improved in his last 2 fights, he is getting better, he may not be world class on his feet but if he can hang with silva (I'm aware that Silva was out of Maia's league on that night still and Silva wasnt exactly going for the finish) as well as he did, i dont think miranda has much for him, he wont be as worried about miranda as he was Silva...i've got Maia by a second round submission, probally a triangle.

I'd like to see Miranda pull off the upset by highlight reel KO, not because I like Miranda and/or don't like Maia, I just want something unpredictable. With that said I don't see him winning unless Maia forgets he's Maia and tries to kickbox with him the whole fight.

Demian Maia > Mario Miranda - 2nd Round Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke)

Archived