Nik Lentz vs. Andre Winner

brewster

Winner takes it. This is my pick for FOTN.

Also' date=' wow 7-0 Winner. Guys Lentz is no joke.[/quote']

I agree that lents is no joke, but winner has the much better striking and is much faster, also he has decent BJJ and takedown defence, also i am slightly bias towards him because he is one of my favourites lol

I agree that lents is no joke' date=' but winner has the much better striking and is much faster, also he has decent BJJ and takedown defence, also i am slightly bias towards him because he is one of my favourites lol[/quote']

I mean I think you make accurate points and also agree Winner will win the fight, I'd just be very surprised if Winner was able to tool with him like he did Delgado.

I mean I think you make accurate points and also agree Winner will win the fight' date=' I'd just be very surprised if Winner was able to tool with him like he did Delgado.[/quote']

I totaly agree about that, Delgado IMO is a terrible fighter lol and Winner destroyed him. I see it more as Lentz gets multiple takedowns but Winner outstrikes him and gets up pretty quickly seen as he has pretty good scrambles. I think it will be quite close but a UD for Winner

28-2 Winner!!! Wow! The Vegas odds on this fight are soooo close. This poll is blowing my mind.

I thought the same thing. If there's one thing I've learned since I started watching MMA, it's that you can never rule out a good wrestler. Lentz is an NCAA wrestler and I think Winner will have a tough time handling him on the ground. I think people have just voted Winner because they don't know who Lentz is.

I voted for Winner purely because I think he'll catch Lentz. But I wouldn't be surprised if it went the other way.

THIS is why people claim wrestling ruins the sport

and when you see desperate' date=' lackluster, hug'n'tug/lay'n'pray fights like this, it gets harder and harder to disagree

i hope Couture does something similiar to Toney with a tad more action

x[/quote']

Couture can go out and do that Toney if he wants. The difference is that Couture will look for the finish instead of taking zero risks and doing just enough to make sure the ref can't stand him up.

Wrestlers aren't ruining this sport. It's the guys who go out there and exploit their wrestling to control some guy for 15 minutes while making no attempt to finish the fight or even damage his opponent in the slightest.

Couture can go out and do that Toney if he wants. The difference is that Couture will look for the finish instead of taking zero risks and doing just enough to make sure the ref can't stand him up.

Wrestlers aren't ruining this sport. It's the guys who go out there and exploit their wrestling to control some guy for 15 minutes while making no attempt to finish the fight or even damage his opponent in the slightest.

Wrestling doesn't ruin MMA whatsoever. As the man says' date=' its the "desperate, lackluster, hug'n'tug/lay'n'pray" what distorts the sport, nothing more. Totally agree on the Couture game plan though.

yup boring fight....it should've been a draw simply because nobody really won the fight.

Spot-on!

Winner was robbed you cant hold someone for 15 mins and win what a joke.

He wasn't robbed. He was controlled for 15 minutes, and the judging criteria for MMA says that that wins him the fight. He wasn't aggressive, he didn't try to finish the fight, he didn't try to inflict damage. But neither could Winner, and therefore Lentz has to take the decision based on control.

It was a ****ty fight and Lentz didn't impress me in the slightest. But unfortunately it's commonplace these days in MMA, and it's only going to get worse.

Get back to your fish and chips and hideous inbred women.

Ha. You have the cheek to call me a moron, yet you're the one who resorts to bringing nationality into the equation and making racist comments when someone says something you disagree with. How about arguing your point instead of making yourself look like a redneck retard?

Ha. You have the cheek to call me a moron' date=' yet you're the one who resorts to bringing nationality into the equation and making racist comments when someone says something you disagree with. How about arguing your point instead of making yourself look like a redneck retard?[/quote']

You are really sore I played you, eh? Try to know what you are talking about in the future and you won't look so stupid, and not be so butt hurt after I embarrass you.

You are really sore I played you' date=' eh? Try to know what you are talking about in the future and you won't look so stupid, and not be so butt hurt after I embarrass you.[/quote']

And what have I said? You attempted to call me out on my MMA knowledge a couple of times, and I made you look like an idiot. I mean, I'm sure you're probably used to that kind of thing, but that's no reason to pass it off and act like you've somehow come out of this looking like anything other than a clueless crybaby.

Get back to your fish and chips and hideous inbred women.

i am quite happy with the fish and chips/cup of tea stereotype as opposed to burgers/mcdonalds, arrogance and numbskull presidents stereotypes

you are exactly the type of person that makes people hate America...believe me

x

Archived