Who's next for Vitor?

Beanouno

I guess it depends on how tough a fight the UFC wants Vitor to have after a long lay off. They could feed him an easy one or really test to see if he is ready for a title shot.

Wandi is out till next year so thats a no go. Leben, Okami, winner of Bisping vs Akiyama if they come out of the fight quickly with no significant damage taken. Same for the winner of Marquart vs Pahleras.

That's about all I see as potential opponent for Vitor if Sonnen and Silva are off until the talked about rematch. Unless they really throw him a softball like the winner of Dolloway vs Derkson or Cote vs Lawlor.

rashad evans at 185 or catch weight, i wouldnt mind. since evans will have a long wait for title shot too, since shogun is out until mid 2011

or maybe vitor should look at a 205 fight while he waits for 185 title shot

but vitor hasnt even fought 185 yet so maybe Leben, Okami or Wanderlai for title shot,

Belfort should fight Oakmi for next title shot.

Wandy would be getting a title shot on just a 2 fight win streak, even if it is Wandy he doesn't deserve that.

Winner of Bisping/Akiyama would be on either a 1 or 2 fight win streak.

Alves is no where near the top of MW in his debut in that class, especially being on a 2 fight lost streak (to be fair one was a championship bout).

Sonnen is getting immediate rematch, and hopefully TUF 13 is Silva vs. Sonnen!!!

EDIT: Forget Marquardt (his last fight was a loss) but if Palhares wins he's definitely in the MW title picture and could be a good fight for Belfort.

rashad evans at 185 or catch weight' date=' i wouldnt mind. since evans will have a long wait for title shot too, since shogun is out until mid 2011

or maybe vitor should look at a 205 fight while he waits for 185 title shot

[/quote']

i dont think thats a great idea at all.. i dont wanna see Vitor lose to Rashad because Rashad layed on him the whole time

Since Dana has said Anderson's next fight will be Sonnen when he returns where does that leave Vitor? A rematch with Wanderlai? Leben? Those are really the only two logical choices i can think of.

CONSPIRATION RULES ... Ed Soares/Silva/Dana are avoiding a Silva vs Belfort (i really think Belfort can beat Silva on his feet) so of course Silva will be "off" for a while until 2 things happen: Sonnen looses his next fight (i wouldnt be surprised if Dana puts Sonnen againts a Bjj guy) and Vitor accidentally looses to a fighter like Marquart ... think about if thise 2 things happen .. wow .. Silva will keep fighting nobodies he keep his "legacy" ... sorry, im brazilian and was a Silva fan until Sonnen fight .. if that fight wasnt a set up Silva is a huge overrated fighter !!!

+1 Wanderlei is hurt and Leben doesnt deserve Belfort yet. Okami vs Belfort for title shot.

How does Okami deserve it more than Leben? Let's see, Okami is coming off a split decision over Munoz, which is nothing to brag about and has looked extremely unimpressive in most of his UFC wins, putting on boring fights and being unable to finish guys.

Leben has been a mainstay of the division for years, has possibly the best chin in MMA and can knock out absolutely anyone he hits. On top of that he is coming off two very impressive finishes of two very talented and tough guys in the space of two weeks. Give the guy a shot against one of the best I say. Granted, he will probably lose, but I think it would be a hell of an entertaining fight.

Since Dana has said Anderson's next fight will be Sonnen when he returns where does that leave Vitor? A rematch with Wanderlai? Leben? Those are really the only two logical choices i can think of.

Where u guys heard about immediate rematch Silva vs Sonnen ??? how come a guy o lost by sub gets a immediate rematch ?? wasnt like a split decision ... dont get me wrong but i would like to see that rematch ... but its going to be that soon ??

Where u guys heard about immediate rematch Silva vs Sonnen ??? how come a guy o lost by sub gets a immediate rematch ?? wasnt like a split decision ... dont get me wrong but i would like to see that rematch ... but its going to be that soon ??

Danas been on epsn saying its pretty much gonna happen. But anyways i think Leben, Okami or the winner of Pillowhands/Sexiyami have to be next in line.

Any of these fights would be good for him IMO, and they would all be for the number 1 contender spot: Wandi...if he wouldnt be out for so long, Okami, Leben, or the winner of Marquart vs Pahleras. Someone before mentioned the winner of Bisping vs. Akyami, which would be alright too, but that wouldnt be for a title shot IMO...

Archived