Best smack talker in FIGHTING, Past or present.

Pro_Boxer

Who do you think is the best smack talker in fighting.. I narrowed my choices to, ALI or SONNEN.. The difference to me is that ALI was the man at hyping himself up. Sonnen is the man at tearing the other person down..So I consider them equal just have different styles... although Matt Serra is pretty good to tho.. Maybe Matt Serra drunk would be the best...Any thoughts on who is or was the best smack talker ever?

Ali is one of the greatest trash talkers from 1960-1980. thats a long time to give sound bite after sound bite.

not sure if there are some others that come close to him.

Mike Tyson was not too original but said some of the most disturbing things about what he will do to a fighter or even the member of a press conference

ali by far I done wrestled with an alligator, done tussled with a whale

I hancuffed lighting… thrown thunder in jail

yesterday I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick

I’m so mean…I make medicine sick.

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round

muhammad-ali.jpg

the thing about Chael's trash talk is that it often escalates into him disrespecting everyone... it was fine when he was trashing Anderson, but he lost my respect when he starting getting into Lyoto "some karate guy" Machida and Rich "some math teacher" Franklin, and talking about how a black belt from the Nog's is nothing but a "piece of cloth"... this guy really is the new tito ortiz... I can't tell you how glad I was to see Anderson pull out his black belt after he sunk in that triangle...

anyways... my favorite trash talker is Mir... his style of trash is more condescending and matter of fact to his opponents (at least thats how he presents it... not always the actual case)... it makes you believe he has a shot :P

How does Sonnen's 4 months of rambling land him anywhere near the top? The guy is a flash in the pan.

It's got to be Ali.

Sorry, didn't realize we were talking about boxing. In that case Ali no doubt. I live in Louisville and one of the greatest moments of my life was meeting Mohammed(sp?) Ali.

Sorry' date=' didn't realize we were talking about boxing. In that case Ali no doubt. I live in Louisville and one of the greatest moments of my life was meeting Mohammed(sp?) Ali.[/quote']

yeah the thread is 'fighting' so I guess all combat sports...

since the beginning of time...

so I'll go back to the mythical caveman Thag... known for his ability to club an opponent from a great distance and drag them back to his cave in seconds.

Who do you think is the best smack talker in fighting.. I narrowed my choices to' date=' ALI or SONNEN.. The difference to me is that ALI was the man at hyping himself up. Sonnen is the man at tearing the other person down..So I consider them equal just have different styles... although Matt Serra is pretty good to tho.. Maybe Matt Serra drunk would be the best...Any thoughts on who is or was the best smack talker ever?[/quote']

Mike Tyson for humor bc of the lisp and mike tyson for pure crazyness too "ill eat your kids" lol mother ****ers is crazy but is my favorite fighter to watch hands down

I laugh at the turds that call James Toney the best 'anykind' of talker. I mean, he's American and he has to have subtitles while speaking english.

Toney is the most annoying **** on the planet.

Best trash talker - ........, nobody. Sonnen, Bisping, Hardy, Daley, especially Toney are all idiots

Mike Tyson for humor bc of the lisp and mike tyson for pure crazyness too "ill eat your kids" lol mother ****ers is crazy but is my favorite fighter to watch hands down

lol

"Don't talk to me about Razor Ruddock his last opponent is still alive. If he didn't die it didn't count so enough about Razor Ruddock."

"I wish some of you had children so I could kick them in the ****ing head and stomp on their balls so you could feel the kind of pain I'm feeling right now."

Female Reporter: Mike do you think you can win this fight?

Mike: Are you speakin' outta turn?

Female Reporter: No I think we're all speaking together.

Mike: I normally don't do interviews with women unless I'm fornicating with them so unless you wanna you know....so you shouldn't talk anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

theres heaps of different types of trash talking.

Anyone remember Tito vs Ken Shamrock? That was just amazing. They were actually getting interviewed together and they really did look like they were going to kill each other. Tito winded up Shamorock like ive never seen anyoen else do. Tito could wind people up probably the best ive seen. Every fight ive seen with Tito Ortiz, his opponent really REALLY didnt like him.

I thought Rashad and Rampage was going to be awesome, but after the fight i really smelt fight hype. The fight did NOT back up any of thier stuff at all. It wasnt even angry and made me realise how bs all that TUF crap with Rashad and Rampage was. UFC 114 was proof that THAT wasnt as real as what they were making out. It wasn trealyl trash talking, it was more like hubby and wife Squabbling.

The scariest so far i feel is James Toney... Ive NEVER seen a guy with THAT much confidence in my life, I think Toney HAS got under Randy Couture's skin, more than what Randy is saying. Toney really believes , like truly believes in what hes saying, that he will kill someone with his hands if he hits them with 4 OZ gloves on, he believes that sht. Like its no joke , he really believes it. He so far is winning the trash talking for me at the moment out of everyone, because he really looks like he meens what he says. Even if he wins or loses and i think Randy Couture is more effected by his trash talking that what hes making out with the media. Just that press conference when Toney was speaking that MMA fighters were sht, you could see Randy's blood boil man. Randy had his head down, his veins were popping out of his head with his hat on as he looked at the table, you couldn tquite see it because Randy had the hat on. But i reckon Toney has pissed off Randy a lot more than hes making out.

Chael Sonnen you could smell the BS. It was like WWE smack talking. It wasnt real. you could feel it. He had more respect for Silva than what he was saying, you definately saw that after the fight with the interview with Mike Straka. He was like , its over, all the bs games are over. thats how i felt with Sonnen, it was just for the fight.

Bisping is pretty good, just because of how irritating he is,lol. He can wind a fighter up just on making his opponent completely irritated with him to the point where his opponent just wants to beat him up for being Bisping,lol.

DAN HARDY !!!!!! is friggin funny at trash talking. that trash against The Irish Hand Grenade was some of the best ive seen and Marcus Davis was angry months after the fight at Dan Hardy.

Bisping gets hate because he prances around the Octogon before the fight and .....well.... he kind of looks like hes trying to get attention rather than earning it. Like sometimes i think he is trying to demand attention. People dont like that too much. If youve eart it, you dont need to be asking for it anymore. I think Bisping would do better with the crowds if he just allowed people to like and respect his skills rather than prance around and demand it.

we have to define trash talking. I only think Trash Talking is REAL trash talking, if the opponent is getting effected by it and i dont think at all Silva ever really felt Sonnen meant anything he was saying, he was just asking for laughs and talking rubbish rather than trash. TONEY went into a store and was about to stand on a Randy Couture figure. I think Toney has done more hurting trash than Sonnen ever did. I think hes got under Couture's skin more than Sonnen ever did with Silva.

In that press conference Toney was saying how crap MMA fighting is and Randy literalyl put his head down and you could SEE his blood was boiling man. Silva just laughed it off with Sonnen, because Sonnen never really meant anything he was saying ACCEPT that Silva was going to be in a real fight. Half of the time Sonnen was taling more about Silvas friends and culture than Silva himself. I dont think Sonnen was getting under his skin with any of it, it alwasy FELT like it was a show.

James Toney, thats not a show, he really believes that he can kill someone with 4 OZ gloves on.

Archived