Who else likes Jon Fitch?

pmctaggart08

I am a huge Jon Fitch fan and I don't think he is boring. Every time he fights nobody questions that he won the fight. He has incredible clinch takedowns, improved striking and has earned the next title shot with his win over Alves. Which brings me to the question how many people also like Fitch? If not please feel free to explain why.....

its just his fighting style. I love his outback ruffled angry and grizzly approach to fighting, its awesome. Some people just find its like its cheating in some ways though. But then the guy fighting him needs to learn how to counter what hes doing and what Fitch is doing is extremely difficult to win a fight against because Fitch's opponent never has a chance to stand up because hes always being hugged and smothered. Its extremely difficult to counter or fight what Fitch is doing.

So i can see why people dont like Fitch and GSP etc.

But then those people need to realise thats not Fitch's problem thats his opponents problem. They have to learn how to beat what Fitch is doing, which 21 out of 22 of john's last opponents havent been able to do.

its just his fighting style. I love his outback ruffled angry and grizzly approach to fighting' date=' its awesome. Some people just find its like its cheating in some ways though. But then the guy fighting his needs to learn how to counter what hes doing adn what Fitch is doing is extremely difficult to win a fight against because Fitch's opponent never has a chance to stand up because hes always being hugged and smothered.

So i can see why people dont like Fitch and GSP etc.

But then those people need to realise thats not Fitch's problem thats john's opponents problem. They have to learn how to beat what Fitch is doing, which 21 out of 22 of john's last opponents havent been able to do.[/quote']

well said sir

I have all the respect in the world for Jon Fitch, I really do. I also quite like the guy. He's humble and respectful. But I just don't get pumped for his fights. While his technique is impeccable, he's also very predictable and I always know exactly what I'm gonna see coming into a Jon Fitch fight. And while I admire his technique, there's only so much I can watch one guy "controlling" another guy on the ground before it starts to get a bit dull.

He breaks guys spirits and really grinds them down, but he just doesn't go out there to finish the fight, and when the prospect of a finish disappears from a fight and I already know who's gonna win it, then the excitement just disappears for me.

So, in short. Do I like Jon Fitch as a person and I do I respect him as a fighter? Yes. Do I enjoy watching his fights? In short... No.

I have all the respect in the world for Jon Fitch' date=' I really do. I also quite like the guy. He's humble and respectful. But I just don't get pumped for his fights. While his technique is impeccable, he's also very predictable and I always know exactly what I'm gonna see coming into a Jon Fitch fight. And while I admire his technique, there's only so much I can watch one guy "controlling" another guy on the ground before it starts to get a bit dull.

He breaks guys spirits and really grinds them down, but he just doesn't go out there to finish the fight, and when the prospect of a finish disappears from a fight and I already know who's gonna win it, then the excitement just disappears for me.

So, in short. Do I like Jon Fitch as a person and I do I respect him as a fighter? Yes. Do I enjoy watching his fights? In short... No.[/quote']

i agree completely.

If there was a scale of fighters, it would be like Chan Sung Jung, Bart Palaszewski etc. then on the other GSP, Fitch etc. Like Bart said after his last WEC fight, he is an entertainer first, a fighter second... something to that effect. I mean hey, it's your career, a bunch of wins won't make me a fan. You need to make me want to watch you. There are plenty of fights, where I have gained a liking for the loser more then the winner plenty of times.

Dude looks like a ratty John Malkovich' date=' comes out to Rusty Cage by Cash, and gnashes his teeth like a mad dog. Then dominates.

What's not to like here people?[/quote']

+100 I've been a huge of Jon Fitch since he beat Diego Sanchez that was very nice to see at the time because I disliked Sanchez so much.

Archived