Chael Sonnen gets an immediate rematch!

DKF

^^^

I'm excited, because I feel like he is the only MW fighter with a remote chance at beating Silva. Thats right I said it Vitor doesnt have a chance. Dont care if there were earlier posts about this, i didnt see them.

if its announced' date=' link

if your just sayin you think he should have one, eh maybe.[/quote']

It was on MMA Live... He had an interview with some chick with ESPN and he danced around it a little, but then he said i want to give the fans what they want were going to have an immediate rematch. He said as early as 1-1-10

does that meen we have to listen to Sonnens crap for another 3 month build up for the fight? Its funny but i dont think i could handle that again.

The whole "SILVA only won last time, because i forgot what time it is, when they said 2 minutes i thought they said only 2 more seconds" or "Silva has a bullseye painted on his chest and im going to be the one with the gun" . Examples of 3 months of things to come.

I cant be bothered with that kind of sht again ,lol.

I'm pretty sure Dana announced this a week ago and we've seen like 50 threads on the topic since.

sorry, dont spend my life here.

yeah i just wiki'd it, sweet deal. i do like chael, just cuz he backs up all the **** he says.

however, its gonna be more difficult of a fight for him this time around, seeing as anderson will be in perfect health.

i think he still has a shot to beat him though, but the chances will be lower than the last time around. wouldnt be suprised to see him submitted again, sadly. :/

sorry' date=' dont spend my life here.

yeah i just wiki'd it, sweet deal. i do like chael, just cuz he backs up all the **** he says.

however, its gonna be more difficult of a fight for him this time around, seeing as anderson will be in perfect health.

i think he still has a shot to beat him though, but the chances will be lower than the last time around. wouldnt be suprised to see him submitted again, sadly. :/[/quote']

I said it before the first fight and I'm saying it again before this fight. If Anderson doesn't finish Chael, then he'll lose on points. Anderson will be better prepared for this fight but this is still gonna be a struggle for him, especially as I'm sure Chael will spend a lot of time working on submission defence.

Is the mw div that bad that the #1 contender is the guy that just lost a shot at the title?

yes and no, i mean noone else has done to silva what sonnen did, and i personally dont think that many other MW could atm, except maybe belfort.

depending on how akiyama does in his fight with bisping, he might have a shot sometime next year. but that all depends on how greg jackson's gym works out.

yes and no' date=' i mean noone else has done to silva what sonnen did, and i personally dont think that many other MW could atm, except maybe belfort.

depending on how akiyama does in his fight with bisping, he might have a shot sometime next year. but that all depends on how greg jackson's gym works out.[/quote']

There's been a lot of other guys that took him to the ground and outwrestled him before the ufc but guess what, most of them all got submitted, just like sonnen.

I rather see him fight belfort or a LHW fight instead of rematch after rematch. First machida, then penn, and now silva...

At least the first 2 were controversial decisions.

There's been a lot of other guys that took him to the ground and outwrestled him before the ufc but guess what' date=' most of them all got submitted, just like sonnen.

I rather see him fight belfort or a LHW fight instead of rematch after rematch. First machida, then penn, and now silva...

At least the first 2 were controversial decisions.[/quote']

i think the best chance for someone to beat silva is in a standup brawl, which isnt a smart idea.

i think if chael fails, and vitor does also, he should just vacate the title and moveup, i agree with you on that.

There's been a lot of other guys that took him to the ground and outwrestled him before the ufc but guess what' date=' most of them all got submitted, just like sonnen.

At least the first 2 were controversial decisions.[/quote']

Silva is gonna be out of action until April or something isn't he? At that point, it will have been almost 2 YEARS since Belfort knocked Rich Franklin out. In my opinion, it's foolish to award a title shot to someone who hasn't fought for one year, let alone two.

And aside from Belfort, who else is gonna give Anderson a fight? There's no standout contender, and when Anderson fights a fighter who can't threaten him, he just clowns them (Leites, Cote and Maia). I'd rather see Silva forced to fight again than see him clown some bum or fight a Vitor Belfort who's stepped into the octagon once in the last 5 years.

To me beating Franklin doesnt seem like an auto title shot anyways, besides there is the money factor. Dana wants to make money, people are curious if Chael can do it again and last 2 more minutes or maybe even finish him. Anyone who thinks Chael cant take a healthy Anderson down is dumb. If he stays out of the submissions I see him possibly winning. I think an immediate rematch would be the highest selling PPV in UFC history.

yay we get to see Sonnen get submitted again the only question is will it be a Triangle or an Arm Bar?

I honestly think he is going to go Jon Fitch on Anderson Silva in the rematch, by that I mean he is going to play it safe and focus on doing just enough work not to be stood up while maintaining half gaurd offense and doing nothing but doing avoiding submissions.

I honestly think he is going to go Jon Fitch on Anderson Silva in the rematch' date=' by that I mean he is going to play it safe and focus on doing just enough work not to be stood up while maintaining half gaurd offense and doing nothing but doing avoiding submissions.[/quote']

Never seen Sonnen play it safe and i never seen Sonnen fix his only mistake and that is BJJ, even if he plays it safe he will get subbed, Sonnen isn't as good as Fitch at avoiding submissions, but he is much more exciting than Fitch, 11 losses and 8 of them have been by submission, nothing will change in this fight.

^^^

I'm excited' date=' because I feel like he is the only MW fighter with a remote chance at beating Silva. Thats right I said it Vitor doesnt have a chance. Dont care if there were earlier posts about this, i didnt see them.[/quote']

I'd rather see Akiyama get the chance for a shot at the title. Honestly, if cheal is one of the best, then he needs to keep working at it.

I don't care how good a contender is, every sh*t talker gets what they deserve when they lose. Sonnen NEEDS TO keep workin on it, rater than sh*t talk. Plain an simple.

I'd rather see Akiyama get the chance for a shot at the title. Honestly' date=' if cheal is one of the best, then he needs to keep working at it.

I don't care how good a contender is, every sh*t talker gets what they deserve when they lose. Sonnen NEEDS TO keep workin on it, rater than sh*t talk. Plain an simple.[/quote']

i agree with akiyama getting a title shot, not till about Q3 of 2011 though.

i agree with akiyama getting a title shot' date=' not till about Q3 of 2011 though.[/quote']

Im tired of ppl saying Sonnen doesnt deserve a title fight. Its your opinion not knocking you for it but i believe the BEST 2 fighter should fight for the belt REGARDLESS of any stipulation or situation and to be honest akiyama is not the top contender and would get owned by AS. AS annd Sonnen are the best 2 at MW therefore they should fight

Im tired of ppl saying Sonnen doesnt deserve a title fight. Its your opinion not knocking you for it but i believe the BEST 2 fighter should fight for the belt REGARDLESS of any stipulation or situation and to be honest akiyama is not the top contender and would get owned by AS. AS annd Sonnen are the best 2 at MW therefore they should fight

true dat'

does that meen we have to listen to Sonnens crap for another 3 month build up for the fight? Its funny but i dont think i could handle that again.

The whole "SILVA only won last time' date=' because i forgot what time it is, when they said 2 minutes i thought they said only 2 more seconds" or "Silva has a bullseye painted on his chest and im going to be the one with the gun" . Examples of 3 months of things to come.

I cant be bothered with that kind of sht again ,lol.[/quote']

Sonnen OWNED Silva.........218 landed strikes in the first 3 rounds v.s Silvas 11 landed strikes....LOL that is what is called getting OWNED!!!!

THAT IS RETARDED!!! How do you figure someone is the best unless they fight someone else? If those two are the best then they could potentially have 87 rematches and you wouldnt know if someone was better because they arent fighting different people.

How is anyone decided as the " Best" Sonnen is declared 2nd best because he beat A.Silva for 4 1/2 rounds? IS Damien Maia better then Sonnen because he beat him?

I think BJ deserved his rematch I think Shogun deserved his rematch I dont think Sonnen deserves his.

THAT IS RETARDED!!! How do you figure someone is the best unless they fight someone else? If those two are the best then they could potentially have 87 rematches and you wouldnt know if someone was better because they arent fighting different people.

How is anyone decided as the " Best" Sonnen is declared 2nd best because he beat A.Silva for 4 1/2 rounds? IS Damien Maia better then Sonnen because he beat him?

I think BJ deserved his rematch I think Shogun deserved his rematch I dont think Sonnen deserves his.

yeah whatever crybaby, the rematch is already settled.

with a desperate submission' date='yeah how lucky his shameful ****[/quote']

Thats how BJJ is they take advantage of worn out fighters. It is like a chess match it truly is Chael came out guns blazing and Silva patiently waiting and looked for the chance to get a submission. Chael got sloppy as he has done like 7 times before. Funny that this is the only time Chael has been submitted and its been called luck.

The whole "SILVA only won last time' date=' because i forgot what time it is, when they said 2 minutes i thought they said only 2 more seconds" or "Silva has a bullseye painted on his chest and im going to be the one with the gun" . Examples of 3 months of things to come.

I cant be bothered with that kind of sht again ,lol.[/quote']

I agree man. It was fun to watch at first but it was OVERKILL!

Apparently every upset Sonnen fan believes so' date=' its so ironic.[/quote']

I don't think it was luck because Silva was trying to get in 3 diff rounds before that but chael caught him until you know when. Chael got Nog'd last min sub for the W. Yes I am a Sonnen fan so there you go you've seen the light now.

Archived