people who like anderson silva

BigIvy5

new AS is a dancer. the old is a martial artist

Apart from that stupid fight with Maia where he danced about and acted like a **** hes still the same fighter with the same skill set. And i put that down to the heat, i lived in dubai for a while, next to abu-dabi...those kinda temperatures can do strange things to people

i'm not saying he sucks. i'm saying he's a *********

True i believe he's somewhat dodged stiffer competition by not taking LHW fights, and i dont like that he's toyed with some of his opponents but it really not his fault he's that good. The only thing i complain about AS is his pink polo he wears

the only people who like anderson silva are the people who are ****bags like anderson silva. there i said it. had to be done. and before you get the wrong idea' date=' i used to like him. the AS rocks, this one does not[/quote']

ufcgod, what are u doing??

I think people who don't like Anderson Silva are either old PRIDE fans who systematically hate any guy who rises from the UFC and is old enough to be compared to stars from the old league or people who have short enough memory to forget all the great fights he's put on in the past, just cuz he had a couple of weird fights lately. A bit like people who keep saying GSP is boring and who say that GSP vs Fitch would put them to sleep.

People forget that he's dominant because he sticks to his gameplan even when it's not fashionable and also disregard the fact that his boring fights have been against undeserving contenders or guys who refused to engaged and just stood in there, waiting for him to commit a mistake to trap him instead of really wanting to prove that they were better fighters. Maia and Leites came in hoping for a miracle slip that would put Silva to the ground instead of coming with any confidence that they could take him down and dictate where the fight goes. If I had been Silva I woulda done the same thing. Giving up to emotions and as a result, putting yourself in danger uselessly during a fight is just plain stupid.

I like him because he's by far the most spectacular and skilled fighter out there.

Must have been a bitter pill for you to swallow when he subbed Chael Sonnen. Anyway Lot's of fighter fans can be ****bags thats life it's a matter of preference based on enviroment, culture, race, religon, likes and dislikes. Me personally i like Andersons foot work and creativity in the ring, i dont like how he clowns around or his pink shirts or the fact he rarely speaks english, and has Ed Soares speak for him. Reminds me of a Ventriloquist with his hand up his puppets a$$.

I've never been a fan of Silva. In fact, I hated him back in Pride and Cage Rage.....

I rag on him and his fans for giggles, but truth betold, I also know he's one of the most talented fighters the sport has ever seen. He's one of the most dynamic strikers to grace MMA, and his ability to win is second to nobody at the moment. Even though Sonnen did exactly what I thought he would, I didn't think Silva would pull through and submit him. Silva showed that he is a true champion against Sonnen, and it deserves respect. He's in a small league of champions who looked completely out, then turned on the will power.

Still dislike the guy, but if anyone is being honest, they know this to be true.

heres a clue' date=' he came to a ball in a wife beater lost his nike shoe,its in ya ****,

he's in ya a**, he's all up in ya psychy too,now whats his name?[/quote']

I have to think about this one.

Only one man can wear Nike's like that, and it's... Jesus.

I believe my answer is Jesus.

SCOREBOARD SAYS!

I've never been a fan of Silva. In fact' date=' I hated him back in Pride and Cage Rage.....

I rag on him and his fans for giggles, but truth betold, I also know he's one of the most talented fighters the sport has ever seen. He's one of the most dynamic strikers to grace MMA, and his ability to win is second to nobody at the moment. Even though Sonnen did exactly what I thought he would, I didn't think Silva would pull through and submit him. Silva showed that he is a true champion against Sonnen, and it deserves respect. He's in a small league of champions who looked completely out, then turned on the will power.

Still dislike the guy, but if anyone is being honest, they know this to be true.[/quote']

Wow, I used to think you were a ****** like UFCGOD1, but you've proven me wrong :P

I think people who don't like Anderson Silva are either old PRIDE fans who systematically hate any guy who rises from the UFC and is old enough to be compared to stars from the old league or people who have short enough memory to forget all the great fights he's put on in the past' date=' just cuz he had a couple of weird fights lately. A bit like people who keep saying GSP is boring and who say that GSP vs Fitch would put them to sleep.

People forget that he's dominant because he sticks to his gameplan even when it's not fashionable and also disregard the fact that his boring fights have been against undeserving contenders or guys who refused to engaged and just stood in there, waiting for him to commit a mistake to trap him instead of really wanting to prove that they were better fighters. Maia and Leites came in hoping for a miracle slip that would put Silva to the ground instead of coming with any confidence that they could take him down and dictate where the fight goes. If I had been Silva I woulda done the same thing. Giving up to emotions and as a result, putting yourself in danger uselessly during a fight is just plain stupid.

[b']I like him because he's by far the most spectacular and skilled fighter out there.[/b]

I'm niether a PRIDE fanatic, neither have i forgotten his old fights, i'm just saying he's bought into his own hype. it's as dana white said, "If your that talented, then be Mike Tyson." and no, i'm no dana ****. not to mention, anderson silva spent his entire ufc career fighting in a division that everbody is half his size. he should've been in LHW from the beginning

You know what, I was pretty angry at UFC 112. After watching 118, I start to actually believe what others have been sayin, Anderson needs an opponenet who will attack, who is hungry. We saw the old Anderson we all love against Chael, knocking him down with a precise elbow at the beginning of the round then pulling off the impossible sub. I am definantly still an Anderson fan and always will be.

I'm niether a PRIDE fanatic' date=' neither have i forgotten his old fights, i'm just saying he's bought into his own hype. it's as dana white said, "If your that talented, then be Mike Tyson." and no, i'm no dana ****. not to mention, anderson silva spent his entire ufc career fighting in a division that everbody is half his size. he should've been in LHW from the beginning[/quote']

why in the hell would he do that. People in his division aren't half his size. People started saying he was that big because of what Ed Soares said after the Griffin fight, about him walking around at 225. if you didn't notice that he had packed some weight at that time for this fight, you're kinda dumb. And if you didn't notice that he was A LOT more lean in his last fight against Sonnen, you're even dumber. He reportedly weighted 194 lbs 1 week before he fought Maia at UFC 112. and I honnetly have no problem believing it. Do you seriously think he would be cutting from 225 to 185? that's a 40 lbs cut. No1 does that. Rampage, who's a big 205, cut from 221 in his last fight against Rashad.

Silva has the frame to put weight on it, unlike GSP, whose frame is already saturated in freagin muscle. When you look at AS you don't see a 225 lbs man. Jee. He is 6'1. I'm 6'1, and weight 170, and lemme tell ya his shape isn't that far from mine. He's a bit bitter from the top, got bigger legs, well, that kinda fits the 194 lbs. If I'd put 24 lbs on me it seems very credible that I'd be shaped like that. Silva isn't a big MW. Man Sonnen was significantly bigger than him. Marquart is too.

Seriously. In his last fight, GSP said he was at 191-192 for UFC 111. Silva was 194 at UFC 112. GSP is 5'10 with 76'' of arms length. Silva is 6'1 with 77.5'' arms length. That's only 3 inches diffrence in height. Not much for the reach. Now compare how bulked up GSP is compared to Silva, and it'll give you an idea of Silva's true weight.

Archived