Kenny Florian Vs Joe Rogan...

Dan_Eight

A few days ago i was watching the latest episode of ultimate insider where Joe interviews Dana White. The subject of retirement comes up...half in jest im sure, Joe says to Dana that if he were to retire then he too would hang up his headset.

It wasnt until this evening as I watching back some old UFCs where K-Flo was standing in, that I realised life would be pretty **** without Joe. Nothing against Florian, but he is a bit monotone and doesnt quite provide the same concise, comical and insightful observations as JR, and Mike Goldberg would be intolerable if it werent for the rapport he and Joe have built over the years.

Maybe its just me, but events just dont seem as exciting without Rogans animated commentary....

what do you guys think?

A few days ago i was watching the latest episode of ultimate insider where Joe interviews Dana White. The subject of retirement comes up...half in jest im sure' date=' Joe says to Dana that if he were to retire then he too would hang up his headset.

It wasnt until this evening as I watching back some old UFCs where K-Flo was standing in, that I realised life would be pretty **** without Joe. Nothing against Florian, but he is a bit monotone and doesnt quite provide the same concise, comical and insightful observations as JR, and Mike Goldberg would be intolerable if it werent for the rapport he and Joe have built over the years.

Maybe its just me, but events just dont seem as exciting without Rogans animated commentary....

what do you guys think?[/quote']

I disagree.......a LOT. I love listening to Kenny call fights. Very very well spoken and knowledgeable. There's a reason he is on ESPN all the time. The guy is great at it

I like Joe a lot too, and I do think it would take some getting used to without him around, but life would go on without him.

To me, Bonnar is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse at calling fights than Kenny. Hell, even Mir is better than Bonnar

I disagree.......a LOT. I love listening to Kenny call fights. Very very well spoken and knowledgeable. There's a reason he is on ESPN all the time. The guy is great at it

I like Joe a lot too' date=' and I do think it would take some getting used to without him around, but life would go on without him.

To me, Bonnar is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse at calling fights than Kenny. Hell, even Mir is better than Bonnar[/quote']

agree 100%

I like Joe a lot too' date=' and I do think it would take some getting used to without him around, but life would go on without him.

To me, Bonnar is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse at calling fights than Kenny. Hell, even Mir is better than Bonnar[/quote']

Yeah I agree that Kenny is a good commentator, I said so in my OP. And for fight nights etc. hes prob the best among the fighters that have a go, except for maybe Randy, but for PPV events I dont think they have an obvious replacement there just yet that can bring the same energy and excitement to a show. I know its only a small thing, but it just dawned on me earlier

Yeah I agree that Kenny is a good commentator' date=' I said so in my OP. And for fight nights etc. hes prob the best among the fighters that have a go, except for maybe Randy, but for PPV events I dont think they have an obvious replacement there just yet that can bring the same energy and excitement to a show. I know its only a small thing, but it just dawned on me earlier[/quote']

Bas Rutten > Joe Rogan

**** wouldn't be the same without Joe, that's for sure. Will the show go on? Yes, it would. It has to. But certainly wouldn't feel the same without Joe. For me, anyway.

I mean, can you imagine Kenny Florian calling out names during the weigh-ins? Eek.

Joe's knowledge and enthusiasm for MMA, combined with his comedic side (stand-up comic, of course), makes for great color commentary, and...all-around great commentator.

Anybody ever see "The Voice" Michael Schiavello vs. Joe Rogan? Pretty good.

Archived