Couture/Toney = KOS/Daley??

Shady_Champ

Lets say for some reason Randy isn't able to finish Toney but wins by holding him down the whole fight. Could you see James out of frustration of being held for 3 rounds w/o being able to land significant strike after all the training throw a cheap shot? For some reason I can see him doing it when Rogan's interviewing Randy. Anyone else?

Lets say for some reason Randy isn't able to finish Toney but wins by holding him down the whole fight. Could you see James out of frustration of being held for 3 rounds w/o being able to land significant strike after all the training throw a cheap shot? For some reason I can see him doing it when Rogan's interviewing Randy. Anyone else?

Nooo, if this was the case Toney will just tap from repeated punishment and not knowing what to do in said situation.

That's interesting. I hadn't thought of that before. But you're right. Couture, primarily a wrestler just like kos. Toney is a heavy handed striker with a very bad attitude just like daley. I think this is possible, although toney handled himself better than I thought he would at both the presser and the weigh-ins. But I highly doubt this fight could go 3 rounds without toney landing something. I'm calling couture for the win but I don't think it will be a decision, he'll get it by sub.

Any Toney sucker punches will come during the fight in the form of cheap shots and/or illegal blows. Toney is not the type to pull that after a fight. Boxers trash talk each other during fights all the time, and even if they didn't, I don't see Randy calling him a 'B' or 'P A N' on the ground.

I really doubt it, he seems like a punch-drunk idiot, but I think in his own way, Toney brings a lot of professionalism with him into his fighting career. I am interested to see how he'll take what I expect to be a horrible domination of him, but I would never expect a sucker punch.

I think Daley's sucker punch came more as a result of what was said between the two fighters during the last round of the fight than anything else. As much as Toney would be frustrated' date=' I can't see Randy talking trash into his ear in order to wind him up.[/quote']

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Remember when he spanked Tito @ the end of the fight.

Archived