I don't understand Strikeforce?

The_Power

I don't understand these guys promotion tactics.

Nick Diaz will be fighting KJ Noons in October. It will be a rematch of their first fight 3 years ago. The thing is that fight was at Lightweight and it was in a different promotion which is now defunct. They are calling it the rematch we've been waiting for but i never saw the first one??? A lot of people never even saw fights from EliteXC. How does Strikeforce have the right to call it Diaz vs Noons 2 when the first fight wasn't in Strikeforce? That's like if Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell went to Strikeforce and fought and they called it Liddell vs Ortiz 3. When Quinton Jackson fought Wanderlei Silva last year the UFC didn't call it Jackson vs Silva 3. Even if it was the main event i still think they wouldn't call it that.

Maybe im just making a big deal out of nothing but i think they don't have the right to do that.

Strikeforce_San_Jose_Poster.jpg

quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif

Well, it's universally known by the number of times they've fought.

SF is taking the "high road" and not doing the "UFC bubble" thing.

I'm referring to the fact that "UFC MMA" is only recognized as "UFC MMA". SF, Dream, Sengoku, and Bellator have all begun co-promoting and I believe that SF is trying to represent ALL of MMA instead of just their brand. May not be the best move financially, but fans appreciate it.

Just my 2 cents ;)

SF is taking the "high road" and not doing the "UFC bubble" thing. I'm referring to the fact that "UFC MMA" is only recognized as "UFC MMA". SF' date=' Dream, Sengoku, and Bellator have all begun co-promoting and I believe that SF is trying to represent ALL of MMA instead of just their brand. May not be the best move financially, but fans appreciate it.

Just my 2 cents ;)[/quote']

I see what you are saying

quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif

Well' date=' it's universally known by the number of times they've fought.

SF is taking the "high road" and not doing the "UFC bubble" thing.

I'm referring to the fact that "UFC MMA" is only recognized as "UFC MMA". SF, Dream, Sengoku, and Bellator have all begun co-promoting and I believe that SF is trying to represent ALL of MMA instead of just their brand. May not be the best move financially, but fans appreciate it.

Just my 2 cents ;)[/quote']

That's right, it is the rematch.... there is no denying that.

I don't understand these guys promotion tactics.

Nick Diaz will be fighting KJ Noons in October. It will be a rematch of their first fight 3 years ago. The thing is that fight was at Lightweight and it was in a different promotion which is now defunct. They are calling it the rematch we've been waiting for but i never saw the first one??? A lot of people never even saw fights from EliteXC. How does Strikeforce have the right to call it Diaz vs Noons 2 when the first fight wasn't in Strikeforce? That's like if Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell went to Strikeforce and fought and they called it Liddell vs Ortiz 3. When Quinton Jackson fought Wanderlei Silva last year the UFC didn't call it Jackson vs Silva 3. Even if it was the main event i still think they wouldn't call it that.

Maybe im just making a big deal out of nothing but i think they don't have the right to do that.

Yeah your making a big deal out of nothing. Its the second fight so it doesnt matter where the first one happened. Its still a rematch between the fighters.

Besides this fight has the serious potential to see Diaz get KTFO, and how great will that be to see ?

Archived