Just need to put this out there.

wimpygimpet

With the exception of leg kicks, No one in the UFC can stand-up with Toney. Not Carwin, not JDS, not Barry, No one. Toney is the greatest striker in the UFC right now and no one can beat him standing. I don't like the guy and as a matter of fact JDS is one of my favorite fighters but he is way to skilled to get beat standing. With that being said though pretty much everyone with decent wrestling can get him down and pound him out possibly just like Couture is going to do tonight.

That is all.

Some people need to ask themselves -

Who has better stand-up?

K-1 strikers, or professional boxers?

If you picked K-1, then you have some guys in the UFC who can stand at that level - Barry I consider his stand-up up there. Personally, I don't see Toney as having the best stand-up in the UFC, just the best hands. Big difference.

With the exception of leg kicks' date=' No one in the UFC can stand-up with Toney. Not Carwin, not JDS, not Barry, No one. Toney is the greatest striker in the UFC right now and no one can beat him standing. I don't like the guy and as a matter of fact JDS is one of my favorite fighters but he is way to skilled to get beat standing. With that being said though pretty much everyone with decent wrestling can get him down and pound him out possibly just like Couture is going to do tonight.

That is all.[/quote']

You are all wrong with what your saying. Greatest striker? Yea ok thats bc he has great kicking ability or a muy thai strikes. He might have the best punching ability but not the best striking. He will be exposed tonight

Who has better stand-up?

K-1 strikers' date=' or professional boxers?

If you picked K-1, then you have some guys in the UFC who can stand at that level - and even though Barry hasn't I consider his stand-up up there. Personally, I don't see Toney as having the best stand-up in the UFC, just the best hands. Big difference.[/quote']

Spot on

Who has better stand-up?

If you picked K-1, then you have some guys in the UFC who can stand at that level - and even though Barry hasn't I consider his stand-up up there. Personally, I don't see Toney as having the best stand-up in the UFC, just the best hands. Big difference.[/quote']

If he fought Barry he would get the **** kicked out of his legs until he fell down. But if Barry couldn't throw leg kicks and only mid kicks and high kicks Toney would get inside hit him with combinations until he got KO'd. And Boxing is stand up. I say he has the best hands and best overall stand up barring leg kicks.

I just got tired of hearing people talk about how they think Carwin would KO him easily. standing.

If he fought Barry he would get the **** kicked out of his legs until he fell down. But if Barry couldn't throw leg kicks and only mid kicks and high kicks Toney would get inside hit him with combinations until he got KO'd. And Boxing is stand up. I say he has the best hands and best overall stand up barring leg kicks.

I just got tired of hearing people talk about how they think Carwin would KO him easily. standing.

Well if we took out Punching to the head toney wouldn't beat barry, your logic is stupid lol you cant just disregard leg kicks

Yes I know boxing is stand-up, I'm just suggesting that K-1 level stand-up is greater than professional boxing.

IMO Barry would absolutely destroy Toney, along with Cro Cop, but that's just me.

And I give Toney the edge over anyone who's main weapon is their hands - Carwin included.

I dont think you comprehend but if Toney took more than three kicks from Barry, Toney would be down and out. And how can you have the best overall stand up if you dont include the overall aspect of stand up, you sound quite foolish.

Who has better stand-up?

If you picked K-1, then you have some guys in the UFC who can stand at that level - Barry I consider his stand-up up there. Personally, I don't see Toney as having the best stand-up in the UFC, just the best hands. Big difference.[/quote']

this ^^

Id say barry wins' date=' he is faster than toney and kicks very hard lol, agree to disagree i guess lol[/quote']

Toney may be fat but he is really fast. He is great at slipping punches and getting inside which in an above the belt kickboxing match he would do and put combinations on him. He couldn't possibly stay on the outside because Barry would light him up with kicks.

Even if Barry Couldnt throw leg kicks what do you think would happen if he kicked Toney in that big gut of his...

No question about dude. He is the Champion in many different boxing organizations and used to hold belt in different weight classes in different organizations.

i know all about Toney and his credentials, i have watched his boxing matches growing up and yes his hands are dangerous in boxing, but if you dont get to use them they arent the best. Maia has some of the best BJJ in the UFC but what good did it do against Silva...absolutely none. all i was suggesting is wait to see him throw a punch in the UFC before you say he has the best hands in the UFC.

Well still thats holding belts in different organizaitons. No one would say anything is Silva was to win the Strikeforce MW belt.

Ehh, it's the same deal with Fedor.

If Silva were to win in SF instead of UFC, many people would say it's because he wasn't fighting top competition. That many belts is impressive in boxing (considering he's just a fat middleweight lol), but it still isn't considered "the best".

another thing that a lot of people dont understand is Randy could KO/TKO Toney as well. Toney says he is going to knock Coutures head off with a 4 oz glove, and he very well can and might do so but the quetion is...Can Toney take a shot or several shots(GnP) from a 4 oz glove himself?? I don't think hes ready i have been hit with a 12 and 16 oz glove and a 4 oz MMA glove and although both hurt, getting hit with the precision and quickness the 4 oz glove offers is a whole different game.

To those saying that he only has the 'best hands' you're retarded. If it wasn't for the takedown he would be capable of being just as, if not more, evasive then a Lyoto Machida or Anderson Silva. His ability to shoulder roll is what he's famous for, not just his punching. No one would land a finger on him.

But there are takedowns, and leg kicks. So we'll see what happens.

some people need to ask themselves -

who has better stand-up?

If you picked k-1, then you have some guys in the ufc who can stand at that level - barry i consider his stand-up up there. Personally, i don't see toney as having the best stand-up in the ufc, just the best hands. Big difference.[/quote']

+ 11111111111111111

yeah agree 100% dont you think it would be wise for pat barry to move back to K1 bc his weakness is his ground game and he will never be champ bc of his grappling but i could see him being champ in k1 if he moved there does anyone know what k1 salaries are like compared to ufc?

You, Sir, are what is commonly known as retard.

Archived